I know these are mostly snaps, but I would still like some cc. I know some are centered, but I had to keep them this way b/c of the way I shot the pic. Wish I would learn while I am shooting, not AFTER I shoot. Anyways, I would really like cc on my processing. I like a SIMPLE, CLEAN edit, so let me know what you think. Thanks ladies!
These were taken at the fair the other night.
1. ISO- 320, f/3.2, SS- 1/1600
ruthiedragonweb - Copy by sadieruth, on Flickr
2. ISO- 500, f/3.5, ss- 1/125
chillinweb by sadieruth, on Flickr
3. ISO- 1000, f/2.8, 1/80
This was taken at my brother's wedding that I shot. I am a bit too embarrased to share those photos. They loved them, but me, ah, not so much. I struggled big time b/c Ruthie didn't want to be the flower girl, and I was supposed to be shooting, and it was CRAPPY lighting, and I had to bump my ISO up high just to get a decent SS. Anyways, I liked this pic of Ruthie.
ruthiefull by sadieruth, on Flickr
4. Is this one too bright? I am thinking it is. Looked okay at home, but not here. Again, taken at the wedding of my little cousin.
ISO- 1000, f/2.8, SS- 1/80
tav by sadieruth, on Flickr
#1 is SO cute. Wish it was brighter, but such a great moment!
#2 the comp doesn't do much for me, esp the bottom of his shoe. Nice clarity and catchlights though!
#3 love catching little moments like this... have you tried a tighter crop?
#4 Looks too bright, but i like the conversion
I am still new to CC'ing but i will give it a shot at it!
1. Wish her face was brighter but love this shot.
2. Shoe is a little distracting
3. Cute capture!!
4. Love this shot. Looks a little bright to me. I think it looks great in black and white though!
Sadie! I love seeing pictures of your kids!
1. needs to be brightened, it's underexposed (looks like the camera exposed for the sky, not Ruthie). but I think it's a great capture!
2. Randy seems overly bright to me. you're probably close to blowing his skin on his face. can you tone that some? nice catchlights!
3. love this sweet capture ... just wish the ear wasn't on her left. wonder if you can clone hair over that ear so it just looks like the back of a head?
4. yep, too bright. but the catchlights are nice!
Gwen, Mommy to Andrew, Jordan, Natalie & Jack
My blog - all things family, photography and crafty
Thanks ladies. I totally agree with everything that was said! I knew that Randy's pic was a weird comp, but I mainly just threw that one in there for CC on my PP. I knew it wasn't the greatest pic, but it showed what he did the whole time at the fair, just chilled out in the stroller!
As for the one of Ruthie at the wedding, I do have a tighter crop. I never saw the ear until now and it bugs the crap out of me! Will be figuring that one out! I just liked the "moment."
You've gotten great CC already. Just my .02 cents, watch your background.
-El mommy to B & A
Just chug-chug-chugging along.