We had soooo much fun yesterday! I took my niece, nephew, and Ruthie out for photos. Please CC these if you don't mind. I have posted some to FB, but would like feedback before I post to my fan page.
ISO- all 500 ( I think), ap is around 3.2-5.0, and SS- doesn't go below 250.
Hi Sadie, very quickly I want to say I LOVE #2 and 5!! Those are awesome! I will write more later, I need to go to bed!!! lol
I love #1, #4, and #5! Especially #5. The composition and chair in #4 are really nice.
The only thing I'm wondering is if #5 and #7 are a bit blown.
Married Anthony April 2, 2005
Nora born Feb. 14th, 2007
Micah born Jan. 20, 2009
I agree - 2 and 5 are my favorites!! I think firefox is doing something funky to the colors because they seem a little washed out on here. Not sure why, because when I pulled 2 into photoshop, it looks ok! weird!
If you shot RAW, see if you can recover some of the blown spots on 1...I really like that one
YAY for warm weather!!
Raegan Nicole is here 11/14/07 - 12:12 pm - 6 lbs 11 oz
Jackson Cole is here 11/13/09 - 9:11 am - 7 pounds
Great shots, really no CC to add.
* Amanda *
WOW Sadie! These look AWESOME!
1. I love the attitude you've captured here - especially with the connection to the skate board. PERFECT! I would try to recover some of the blown parts in ACR if you can or at least burn it a bit to tone down the brightness so that it doesn't draw the eye away from your main subject.
2. LOVE THIS! did you do some kind of special processing to get the retro tones? it works REALLY well here! look at those eyes! I'll bet your nephew likes this one as much as his mom will.
3. this is one of my favorites of the set. My only suggestion would be to crop it so that her eyes weren't so near the middle of the frame (vertically). I love the soft feel of this photo (though it doesn't look at all OOF), just feminine! Great use of the flower and the background to create that mood.
4. Ruthie iss jus so sweet! looks like focus fell on her hands/legs rather than her face though. Love that chair! the soft green tones really scream spring to me.
5. PERFECTION!!! I love your juxtaposition of her sweet, soft dress, balloons, etc next to the weathered old wall. I lvoe the saturated colors too. One thing ... her hand looks dirty - I'd probably try to clean that up a little (use the healing brush to soften the 'smudge' on the bottom part of her palm). It just doesn't go with the rest of her dainty look.
6. You niece is so lovely. This one looks pretty good overall, but it's a shame that we can't see her eyes a bit better. Fill flash or reflector might help.
7. GREAT CONVERSION! I love this one of Ruthie. I especially like how the processsing brings out her earrings. Not sure if they would have the same impact in color, but it really works here.
TFS Sadie!!! I always look forward to your shares.
Thanks ladies! I so appreciate your cc. I am curious though...any steps on recovering the blown spots??? Do you just slide the recovery slide over? I don't really understand. When I try to burn it back in, I don't think I do it correct...
Here, I think I fixed Ruthie's hand. I didn't even notice that- thanks GiGi!
Last edited by sadieruth; 03-25-2011 at 01:34 PM.
And here is Alex's photo fixed...I think I did it okay. I brought back the detail of the skateboard.
Totally great fix on the skateboard! I LOVE the colors and texture of it.