Hi, ladies! I would love some CC on these pictures I took of my cousin. She would like to use them as her senior pics and I would like to send them off to her before I leave for vacation here in a few days. I know there are a lot here so if you just want to pick one or two to comment on that is great - I keep changing my mind about what ones I like so I couldn't decide what to post! And some I'm posting because I know they need help! LOL
I'm not sure why, but I feel super nervous posting these here! You don't have to be gentle, though.
This is the girl from the thread I posted wondering how to get rid of sunburn, and I feel like something is still really wrong with her skin tone in these first two pictures (and probably all of them, LOL...but even my untrained eyes can tell these first few are off). Any input on this would be appreciated!
1. f/3.2 1/100 ISO 100
2. f/3.2 1/100 ISO 100
3. f/2.8 1/125 ISO 200
4. f/2.8 1/125 ISO 200
Ugh...her lipstick is driving me crazy! I actually decreased the brightness in most but I guess I forgot to here.
5. f/2.8 1/200 ISO 200
6. f/3.2 1/100 ISO 800
Are these last few with the high ISO useable? I really like some of them and I am so sad that there just wasn't enough light by this point.
7. f/3.2 1/125 ISO 800
8. f/3.2 1/125 ISO 800
9. f/3.2 1/125 ISO 800
10. f/3.2 1/160 ISO 800
Thanks for looking!
Wow, these are great! She's a really pretty girl with a lovely smile.
Hm, I really like numbers 2,3,5, and 7. Actually there isn't one that I don't like, but I like those best. It looks like she is still a little red in #4 and she is extremely pale in #6. Her skin looks really white in that one.
Hope you get some more useful feedback from others, because these look great to me.
Great job!! And your cousin is beautiful
I really like 2, 3, 9, and 10. The posing and composition is nice. Can't comment on color because I just suck in that department, but they look nice on this uncalibrated monitor.
~ Jennifer ~ Check Out My Blog
Rylee Elizabeth & Tyler Ray
Oh Katie! These are a lovely set and I'm sure your cousin will be so happy with them.
1. NICE JOB. I like the pose. It looks feminine and natural. Focus looks great. And I'm so impressed that she is in such sharp focus w/ such an open aperture. She looks a LITTLE bright on her left (camera right). I'm guessing that is where the sun was coming from. It's not too harsh, so I don't think I'd do too much about it.
2. I really like this one. You can see all the colors in her eyes (which are SO LOVELY).
3. This is one of my favorites. This look really suits her. Her teeth look a little bright/blown. But otherwise this is a GREAT SHOT and I'll bet she loves it too.
4. Did you sharpen her eyes? They looks a little off to me, but I'm not sure why. Also, there's some kind of halo around her. Especially around her right (back) arm. the blue colors are not matching up.
5. Despite her being fairly centered, I LOVE THIS SHOT! I like the lines of the wall behind her. Everything in this shot drives your eyes up toward her beautiful peepers.
6. The high iso isn't noticable to me here. I guess that depends on how much noise you see at full size. Honestly though, it looks good from here. Beautiful bokeh, btw.
7. GREAT USE of a trailing line here. She looks a little stiff, but I'm guessing that stump wasn't overly comfortable. I love the casual look of this one. And again, at least at this size, any noise from the high iso isn't noticable.
8. This is a really nice shot of her face, but the hand chop is unfortunate.
9. I like the idea of this shot, but perhaps because you're so much higher than her, I feel like I'm looking down her shirt.
10. MONEY SHOT! This is great in so many ways ... she looks comfortable and natural. the light is beautiful. The bokeh is creamy and soft. The colors rich but natural.
TFS, Katie! let us know what she thinks!
I'll go back and look at some of the issues you pointed out...especially in #4. I see the halo around her arm. Don't really remember what I was doing there but I will maybe start from scratch and see if I can get that better. I didn't do anything specifically to her eyes, but I think the whole picture is just oversharpened maybe. Thanks for pointing those things out!
Does a closer crop of this one help at all? I'm thinking it's no better but I figured maybe some of you would have an opinion one way or the other. I do really like this one and REALLY wish I had stayed back a little. Lesson learned.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!!
Great set!!!! You already got really good CC here but I wanted to add that I see a pretty wide halo around her head in #10, and some light edging around her shoulder and pants/legs.
~*~ my photography site ~*~
You've gotten great CCs already. just wanted to add that I think you are losing details on these photo because they are a bit too bright. I would play with the levels on these to get the colors to pop. I think it is what its missing and a bit of contrast.
-El mommy to B & A
Just chug-chug-chugging along.
These are all great, but my favorites are the closeups. You've captured the beautiful flecks of color in her eyes perfectly! She should be very pleased with these photos.
DS: Tyler 4/19/06
You all are great. I'm not sure why I was so nervous to post these! Thanks for making me feel good about them. I'm sure she will like them okay, and she will be happy enough with them...they really have no money due to some family things going on so it's not like she really has another option iykwim. I just know that they're not awesome compared to most. But yeah, I think she will be okay with them.