The winter's coming and clocks go back soon...time to practice some OCF I dont know how many here are able to help but i thougth i'd post anyway. I practiced last night, dinner hour, 'bout 6pm. It wasn't completly dark outside but with the rainy clouds it was dark enough in my place.
This took alot of bribing and begging with the promise of treats in the end if he sat for me I also didnt realize that in the camera data it would say that the flash didn't fire so i'm trying to remember off the top what the flash power was for the images. Next time i will write it down. Also how does the red look? It's fleece and i wanted to use it for some holiday shots this year.
I started at f/5.6 and went down to 3.2, then played with flash power
ISO 100, SOOCs, only sharpened and resize for web.
1. full power--forgot to adjust
f/5.6 1/125 and the flash itself i think was too close...
2. 1/64power, f/3.2, 1/160...obviously underexposed. Can't believe he looked at me though
3. f3.2, 1/160
4.1/16 power--i think this is the best result here? f/3.5, 1/160
5. 1/8 i think, settings same as #4 seems too bright
7. f/4 1/160--I thought this was a good one but the shadowing on the right of the subject doesn't seem ideal?
6. pull back of my set up. Is it ideal? Should i move somthing? everything? It' s not a very big space. (Looking at this I understand now the shutter speed controlling ambient light relationship )