Our family has started a family night that you can read about on my blog. It's just a night to put up the tv, and do something together. The other night, I wanted to go out and find some new spots to do photos and just get some good ones of the kids together. Well, I totally figured the lighting wrong and the light was GONE! It sucked, but yesterday was a MUCH better day, so we went out and I found some GREAT locations within one block! I was so excited! I have 2 photo shoots coming up- one with my sister, and one with an old aquaintance. Anyways, here are the photos I came up with last night. Let me know your honest CC. I sooooo want to improve! All of these were taken with my 50mm.
1. f/3.2, ISO-640, 1/400
sis1edit1web by sadiequalls, on Flickr
2. This is his "cheese face". I wish he was looking AT ME!
f/3.2, ISO-640, 1/400
bub1edit2web by sadiequalls, on Flickr
bub1web by sadiequalls, on Flickr
3. This is the only one where I liked the b&w conversion.
f/3.5, ISO-800, 1/200
sis6b&wweb by sadiequalls, on Flickr
4. I am thinking something is off here. He seems a bit soft?
f/3.2, ISO-640, 1/640
bub2edit2xweb by sadiequalls, on Flickr
Trying for a B&w, honest opinions
bub2edit2b&wweb by sadiequalls, on Flickr
bub2web by sadiequalls, on Flickr
5. I can see I need to touch up my cloning....there was a car there, so I cloned the bushes.
f/3.2, ISO-800, 1/200
sis8edit2web by sadiequalls, on Flickr
sis8web by sadiequalls, on Flickr
6. and last but not least the one I am soooooo happy with! They posed like this on THEIR OWN!
f/4.5, ISO-800, 1/125
bub&sis2edit2web by sadiequalls, on Flickr
bub&sis2web by sadiequalls, on Flickr
I got tons of good ones of Ruthie, but Randy wasn't as easy.
Sadie these are wonderful!!!! Bubby looks yellow in all of them. and the last pic looks yellow overall. But Ruthie's shots are my favorites, they're so nice, with such pretty bokeh! Keep up the great work! I'm glad you found a close-by place to shoot too, and that you have 2 new shoots coming up, yay!
I'm seeing the yellow too in Randy. The second one of Ruthie seems too cool with a touch of extra magenta. Sorry for not more detailed CC, I'm REALLY behind in things, and only have an hour to work. I need to get off the boards!
LOVE that last shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gwen, Mommy to Andrew, Jordan, Natalie & Jack
My blog - all things family, photography and crafty
These are adorable!!! I LOVE the last one! I'm at work so colors are all off, and I'm not good at CCing on colors anyway.
#3 has an ever so slight knee chop. It doesn't really bother me, heck before this board I wouldn't have even noticed it.
Yeah for finding a place close by. And I love the idea of "Family Night"!
I just love seeing your kids. They are both so adorable and your pictures really make them shine!
1. very sweet! I love that smile! Focus looks really good. So does exposure. I can't comment on color b/c I'm at work and my monitor sucks.
2. even here I see the yellow, but dang it, he's so cute it doesn't matter! I'd love to see this one (cheese face and all) in b&w. It looks like it has good contrast to start with so it should make for a nice conversion.
3. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Although Ruthie looks too grown up here. Tell her to slow down! Great conversion!!!!!
4. He doesn't look soft to me, but again he looks pretty yellow. Great eye contact!!!! This is another I'd love to see in b&w. How did you get him to sit still for you?
5. I wouldn't have known you did any cloning. I like this one, but her eyes are a touch dark here. Maybe add a little fill and see if that helps.
6. AWWWWWWWWWW! Are they adorable or WHAT?! This looks great to me, but I think it may be tilted ever so slightly. I find myself turning my head to the right every time I look at it. It may be an illusion due to the line of the sidewalk, but whatever it is, it has me turning my head to try and correct it.
Thanks ladies. I will go home and work on the yellow-ish ones. I always tend to do Randy's more yellow....maybe that's how he is in life?!?!
GiGi- believe it or not, he's pretty good. He sees Ruthie doing it all the time, so he wants to sit and do it, but for only 3 frames! He's so funny! We were on the corner of the street, so I was thankful Randall was with me. If he wouldn't have been with me, I wouldn't have gone there!
That #4 is so darned cute because he's posing & smiling like a miniature grown-up!
I think you did a great job, little ones are so difficult to work with. Have nothing to add to the CC.
* Amanda *