I feel like my editing is still wayyyyy off. Their skin always looks too washed out. What am I doing wrong? I realize there are some blown spots on some of these, but any CC will help!
1. f/3.2, ISO-200, SS 1/1600
I realize there is a lot wrong with this one: the tree line through his head, the bugs beside his head, and the full sun, but hey, it was a gorgeous moment for me!
field kiss-web by sadieruth, on Flickr
2. f/3.2, ISO-200, 1/400
Can you say NERDS? I don't like the blown spot on her left, our right.
field together-web by sadieruth, on Flickr
3. f/3.2, ISO-200, 1/400
again, feels washed out, and blown in the back.
field Ruthie-web by sadieruth, on Flickr
4. f/3.2, ISO-200, 1/400
I realize he's not looking at me, but this is just him.
field Randy-web by sadieruth, on Flickr
Sadie, these are so cute!
#1 - LOVE!!! SUCH a sweet moment! And I just love this field you're shot these in. Tiny nitpick about #1 I guess would just be the bright sun causing a bit of variation of light/shadow on Ruthie's face, but seriously, that's just because you're asking for CC and I'm looking for stuff. It's really beautiful and sweet.
#2 - LOL! Makes me grin from ear to ear, that's just awesome! Love those nerdy kid smiles. My kids do stuff like that too. Love it!
#3 - Really sweet. I can't tell if it's blown or not, but if it is, it seems slight and doesn't bother me at all.
#4 - So cute! I'm lousy at colour, but it seems maybe his skin tone isn't quite right, but only a little off?
Married Anthony April 2, 2005
Nora born Feb. 14th, 2007
Micah born Jan. 20, 2009
In #1, it looks like it would be easy to clone out the little bugs beside him if they were bugging you (no pun intended, haha). They did sorta catch my eye right away, but otherwise I love this one. Such a sweet moment with the two of them!
#2 is cute. I love both of their grins! The blown spot doesn't bother me too much, really.
#3 - Her dress feels bright to me, but I like the comp/pose and her smile is adorable.
#4 - Can't tell for sure because the picture is small, but it might be a little soft in the eyes. I'm not calibrated, but it looks a bit magenta to me.
Sean Thomas - 6/30/09 @ 7:17pm 8lb 8oz, 19", 40w5d
Calvin Michael - 2/28/11 @ 7:39pm 6lb 8oz, 18", 37w5d
Nolan Matthew - 5/1/13 @ 11:54pm 6lb 4oz, 19", 38w4d
May 26, 2010 - 7w1d
1. I can see why you like this one so much! What a sweet capture. The tree line through his head doesn't bother me at all. I would love to see this one as a b&w.
2. Love their goofy expressions. Definitely made me smile
3. I can't really tell if the background is blown, but I don't think it looks washed out.
4. His skin tone seems a bit off. I agree it seems a little magenta.
I love the location with all the flowers!
#1 - LEAVE THE BUGS! lol! I think it gives it a bit of a sparkle, and I like it Yes, there are technical flaws (which have already been pointed out), but who cares? This is what photography is all about. Catching moments like this for you to remember forever and ever. The ONLY thing I would do with this edit is bring down your yellows a bit. Are they blown?
#2 - Cheesy!! Blown spot doesn't bother me. In fact I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out.
#3 - Yellows again. They look a little bright. I don't think it's anything that a hue/sat layer can't handle. Maybe even mask her back in if you need to.
#4 - Yellows look much better here I also agree that his skin is off. I am also seen magenta, but I'm not calibrated so take that with a grain of salt.
You HAVE to take me here next spring!
I was able to download it, but after I edited and uploaded to flickr again, it was super grainy and a little distorted. I'm guessing because it wasn't the sooc and full sized image. Your largest on flickr was 500x750.
I love these Sadie! and I'm so glad you posted them here.
1. the tree line is not an issue and the bugs don't bother me either (though I would think you could clone them out pretty easily if it bothers you). However, I do think I"d like a tighter crop on this one. It's such a sweet moment that I don't think the rest of the frame is needed. The flowers are pretty, but they don't really add anything to the photo (imho).
2. nerds or not, this is way cute! the blown spot doesn't bother me, but have you tried burning it a little to tone it down? the only thing that jumps out to me here is that the seem to be leaning to our right. are they are is there a slight tilt in the horizon?
3. I love this one! I'm at work, so I am uncalibrated, but it doesn't look washed out to me. Your whites look bright w/out being blown. Lighting looks pretty even across her. I think this is fun and quite lovely!
4. LOVE IT! You don't always have to have full eye contact. His sideways glance gives this shot an air of mischief and I love it! I do wish there was a little more room on his left (our right). But otherwise, this seems a wonderful shot!