I have been super busy with editing lately! I had three photo shoots in a weeks span....editing is something I need to catch up on, but I have been so busy with everything else too! Thank goodness this is the last week of school and I am out for the summer! (I'm not excited or anything....)
Anyways, here are a few that I took this past week. Any CC is appreciated!
On these, I was a bit stupid and didn't pay too much attention to my ISO. I had it upped to 1000 in some, so I had to use noiseware, which wiped out my settings...forgive me. But, I can always say my SS was about 1/150, and my ap was around 3.2-3.5.
I feel weird commenting on color since I'm not calibrated, but I feel like they're all a little cool.
#1 - I, too, prefer the black and white
#2 - I noticed the hand as well. I think that maybe the horizon of the building (barn?) in the background could have been a little lower on him instead of at neck level.
#3 - I think I would have liked to see the little boy held up a bit more at head level of mom and dad. But that's been pretty nitpicky I think this is a great shot!
#4 - You have some great directional lighting here! I feel like the light may be just a tad harsh on mom and younger boy, though. Maybe next time, have the older boy have a bit of a connection with mom. Maybe just in a touch more closer to her, or having his hand touching her.
#5 - My favorite also! Love the light here, great smile (depsite the ulcer!) and I like the leading lines.
Looks like you are having SO much fun, Sadie! I'm jealous of your summer break. I would love a summer home w/ Logan. Maybe once before he leaves for college it will happen.
Anyway ... to the pics:
1. I prefer the color though it looks a BIT on the cool side to me. I am at work so take that w/ a huge grain of salt. I like the b&w as well, but for once the color grabs me more.
2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I do wish there was a bit more light in his eyes but exposure, focus, composition ... everything works here for me!
3. I think it might be the centered crop that has me less than over the moon with this shot. Focus looks good, color looks good (mom and baby don't look nearly as cool here as in #1). You MIGHT burn the background right behind them a bit. The brightness draws my eye away from them.
4. how sweet! Mom's expression is less than ideal, but still very sweet to see her w/ her boys here. Color, focus, and exposure look really nice.
5. GREAT use of trailing lines here! I would never know he wasn't in the mood for smiles - he looks great. I love the lighting on this one. In fact, it may be my favorite of this set. He is perfectly exposed and I am drawn right to his sweet face. Mom is gonna LOVE this one!