It is monsoon season, so temps dropped from 115 to 105 and it got a little breezy before the rain started. Since it was the night before she turned 13, I grabbed DD for about 15 minutes at the entrance to the subdivision ("NO Mom, people will see me!") and between cars (she ducked and looked away every time she saw a car) got a few shots. Please CC on everything so I can grow!
I struggled with getting light in her dark eyes (it was too windy for me to manage the reflector).
ETA: looking oversharpened off flickr... hmmm
1. ISO 200, f/2.8, SS 1/60 I was wanting a a full body shot, but struggled to keep her in focus. Should I have gone for an f-stop of around 4? Upped my ISO to lower my shutter speed?
2. ISO 200, f/2.8, SS 1/100 Another attempt at a full body shot, but this time was only worried about her eyes being in focus.
3. ISO 200, f/2.8, SS 1/50 wind caught her hair...
4. ISO 200, f/2.8, SS 1/50 Does this conversion work?
5. ISO 200, f/2.8, SS 1/50 trying a different comp
6. ISO 200, f/2.8, SS 1/100 I liked this window, but my camera refused to focus on HER, just on the iron pane. Tips?
7. ISO 200, f/2.8, SS 1/60 Are we done yet?
8. ISO 200, f/2.8, SS 1/50 FINALLY a real smile