My BFF for CC and a bonus donkey! :)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
La123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 04/11/08
Posts: 815
My BFF for CC and a bonus donkey! :)

This is my best friend who I almost never see. I went to visit her on monday and begged her to take some pics... All CC and thougts welcome! Smile

1.
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/2.0
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Candice_03 websizeWM

2. This didn't turn out quite how I was hoping, It was overcast but right around 2 in the afternoon, and she could hardly keep her eyes open because it was so bright.
Exposure: 1/3200 sec
Aperture: f/2.2
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Candice_02 websizeWM

3.
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Candice_01 websizeWM

4.
Does she look green? Something is off with her skin here, my new calibration vs. my macbook are driving me crazy... she looks good on my new computer, and green on my mac.. oh ya, and I see the chops, oops:confused:
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/2000)
Aperture: f/2.2
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Candice websize

5.
and a donkey for fun Smile
WillieWM

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 03/18/06
Posts: 391

Love them all!
Can't comment on #4's color...looks ok to me, but I'm not calibrated. I'm not sure if I'm digging the crop at the waist, but that's just being knit-picky.
Beautiful work!

coolmama72's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 10/20/01
Posts: 8185

these are cool! I'm not loving anything about the one of her in the grass, sorry. Sad I'm not seeing the green on #4 but I'm finding that little patch of skin distracting (from her shirt rising). #3 is my favorite of the set, just an awesome photo. and I'm totally digging the donkey!

sadieruth's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 06/09/05
Posts: 6261

1. great comp here!
2. just wish she had a diff expression. I like the processing.
3. adore!
4. I don't know about color b/c her skin is diff in each one b/c they are each diff processing.
5. ADORE! Cute donkey! Horses and donkeys are hard to get pics of b/c of their long faces and noses. You did a great job!

Amy_&_Eva's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 08/23/07
Posts: 2378

I love #1, #3, and the donkey!! But in #1, I assume that's the sun in the background but it looks really dull almost like a smudge? Just thought that was odd how it came out.

That's a perfect photo of a donkey, I love it! Smile

La123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 04/11/08
Posts: 815

Thank you for the CC everyone! I feel like I'm really learning from it these days!

"Laberglund" wrote:

Love them all!
Can't comment on #4's color...looks ok to me, but I'm not calibrated. I'm not sure if I'm digging the crop at the waist, but that's just being knit-picky.
Beautiful work!

Thank you! The crop at the waist was in camera, it was definitely a learning experience shooting adults, tryin to fit them in the frame without getting a bad angle, I could have used a stool or something!

"coolmama72" wrote:

these are cool! I'm not loving anything about the one of her in the grass, sorry. Sad I'm not seeing the green on #4 but I'm finding that little patch of skin distracting (from her shirt rising). #3 is my favorite of the set, just an awesome photo. and I'm totally digging the donkey!

AH, I know. I liked the idea of the shot, and the location, but it just didn't come out right with the bright light, and squinty eyes, she wasn't loving it either. I'd like to take another shot at that one. Smile

"sadieruth" wrote:

1. great comp here!
2. just wish she had a diff expression. I like the processing.
3. adore!
4. I don't know about color b/c her skin is diff in each one b/c they are each diff processing.
5. ADORE! Cute donkey! Horses and donkeys are hard to get pics of b/c of their long faces and noses. You did a great job!

The processing for the B&W's are the same, and the two coloured ones are the same processing too, Maybe it looks different because one is close up?
and I was lucky that donkey hammed it up for the camera! Smile Thanks!

"Amy_&_Eva" wrote:

I love #1, #3, and the donkey!! But in #1, I assume that's the sun in the background but it looks really dull almost like a smudge? Just thought that was odd how it came out.

That's a perfect photo of a donkey, I love it! Smile

Ahhh, you've busted me playing with lens flares... This pic just looked so boring and I was practicing playing with lens flares. I actually like the way it looks, but I might laugh at myself when I look back at it in a few years Smile

Jeffininer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Joined: 11/07/07
Posts: 1796

#1 I like this shot.
#2 Not liking this shot. Her eyes are just too shut.
#3 Love it!
#4 I really like the angle of this one
#5 I think that's the best donkey pic I've ever seen!