I finally finished working on my leaves photography. I picked an early favorite for my challenge entry, but in retrospect, I wish I had picked a different one. Not including my settings because I really gotta get Jack down for a nap. Just wanted to get these this thread started before I start another set of photos. If you want to know settings on a particular photo, let me know.
My original plan was to show leaves in different stages of changing color (Amy nicely called it "gradient transitioning" in a Flickr comment, LOVE that phrasing). I wish I had entered one of those instead.
1. Put them on our deck table at first, I like the lines involved and the coloring of the table.
2. Then I moved them to a chair cushion, as I was worried about the colors competing with the table.
3. After looking at them on the computer, I decided to go with a more natural setting the next day.
4. Then tried my deck railing ...
5. The sun was in a great position to try a sunburst ... but I was competing with the trees behind (the one I entered was a mini sunburst where I tried to avoid the trees by climbing to the monkey bars in our yard - glad I didn't fall while holding my camera in one hand and the leave in the other I used a hole in the leaf on that one to capture the sunburst)
6. Bonus shot. Jack liked playing with my leaves on the first day I was taking the pictures. Couldn't get eye contact from him when he had the leaves, but I like his pensive expression here.
# 3 and 4 totally rock!!!! Like I said on Flickr I love those so much. I'm jealous. heheheh #5 is really cool too, but it looks almost fake since the trees in the BG are focused too. But that sunburst is THE coolest one I have ever seen!!!!! Wowzahs!
Geeze, Gwen ... if I had known you were holding onto these for the challenge, I might have had to extend the deadline!
These are fabulous! So fabulous I can't pick a favorite... there is something I love about each and everyone of them!
I'm so glad you shared even if you missed entering one of them in the challenge.
I LOVE #4 - wonderful job!
My "babies" are Abigail (6/06) and Caleb (1/08 )
Right after I posted, I went to pick up Eva from preschool and found some beautiful sprays of fallen oak leaves--one green spray, one transitioning spray, and one red spray! I brought them home with me I also picked up some of the awesome leaves from campus where I work...they have so many different tree species planted on campus, like sweetgum, gingko, sycamore, etc. I had to stop myself from picking up EVERY sweetgum leaf, they're so pretty LOL
Gwen, what a creative concept!! I love the colors and the progression of leaves. My favorite is 4 with the natural color of the rail. I just wish they were spread out more like #1
Can I just say Jack is such a handsome little boy!! I'm still sad we didn't get to meet you two when I was up in MD last year.
~ Jennifer ~ Check Out My Blog
Rylee Elizabeth & Tyler Ray
Thanks everyone!!!! I had fun doing these.
I like how you show progression, that is a really neat idea. I think you have some back focusing going on in #5... check your setting. I think there is a way to turn that off, not sure how tho.
-El mommy to B & A
Just chug-chug-chugging along.
1 is my fav! Love the colors! Jack is so stinking cute with that look!
Sadie- mommy to Ruthie & Randy