Please CC if you would like. These are some shots I took at various locations in the Washington, D.C., area this spring. In general, I feel like I need to work on the steadiness with my hand (although, some of these were shot with a macro on windy days--difficult!). I'll have to check the settings when I get home.
1. Rough green snake. I wish I could claim to have spotted this little guy first, but someone else pointed him out to us. He was on the move and difficult to shoot with my 55-200 mm, but I got a couple of acceptable shots.
2. Phantom crane fly. This guy was on the move and hard to get a good focus on! I do like the composition but wish the fly were crisper.
3. Wildflower with red spider mite. Taken with my 60mm macro
4. Pine tree buds
5. Crane fly. I've got an edited pic of the bug with full wings included. I wasn't crazy about the composition. Let me know what you think about the cropped version.
6. Purple wildflowers.
7. Rosebuds. From my own garden, sad to say--I've got aphids! I didn't know until after I downloaded these pictures! It's not a crisp, clean shot, but I like the bokeh and liquidy effect on the flowers. What do you all think?
8. One of my birthday roses (not from my own garden). Too unfocused? Too blown?
Thanks for looking!