As our board is growing, we need to implement a few guidelines!
As always, please refer to the Pregnancy.org Guidelines for any question regarding posts here at pregnancy.org.
Updated Guidelines (April 2007)
1. You may post as many images from a series, but please pick your best one for C/C. This will help you to get more C/C from others on the board. For instance, I might post 4 photos. I'll put the one I want C/Ced at the top. And then for the rest of the images, I'll post "and a few others from the set".
2. When asking for C/C, you must dsiplay your settings with that image. This will help others tell you what you might do differently, and also help people see what settings are good in certain situations. Other things to add: Lighting Conditions, White Balance, RAW format, any PP done.
3. When giving a C/C: If you state something negative or positive, please explain why you feel that way, what bugs you about it, etc. When posting something negative, please be sure to follow up with something positive. Lastly, C/C does not mean "good job!", "I love it", etc. If you love it, FANTASTIC! But please explain what you love about it. It's really not hard to C/C. PAy attention to the details and it will come to you!!
If you are stuck on trying to give C/C, please feel free to use this guide:
Two things I like about photo #__ are:
Two things I think could improve photo #__ are:
4. The Challenges. These challenges are meant to challenge you to capture an image for the topic that is during that week. If your image was taken prior to two weeks of the current challenge, it will not be added to the poll. If you have an image that suits the challenge, please feel free to share it in a new post! For the COTW, please submit only one (And your best) image for the poll! One image per challenge!
5. Sharing. Not all images require C/C. But please be aware that as we are all learning and practicing at different paces, your images are probably being critiqued. Honestly, I don't post one image that I don't want C/C for. Why? Because I know that I can do better. I want to knowwhat you see that I don't (especially if I've been staring into the monitor for hours). Please don't be offended if someone offers critique on your images, even if you didn't ask for it!
1. Photo Sizing: Please make sure that the photos you wish to share are sized properly. We may have some members that have dial-up and viewing larger photos may take a long time. Please make sure your photos are no larger than 800x600. If you wish to share a larger photo, please provide a link to it.
2. Comment and Critique (C&C): When giving comment and critique, please do so in a courteous manner. A lot of us here are learning the basics of photography and many photos may not be as good as others. We are all here to learn and gain knowledge from each other. Offer what you may have done differently so that the original poster can learn what might make a better shot. Please leave positive feed back as well! A good example of Comment and Critique (C&C): “I love the way the light is hitting the subjects hair. But his face looks a little OOF (out of focus) to me. Try focusing on one eye the next time.” We have all different levels of photographers here and once again, we are all here to learn and share with each other! If you are the photographer being critiqued, please do not be offended! If you have asked for C&C, you may get some pretty straightforward and honest critique. It is meant to help you learn!
3. Photo Editing: When posting your photos, please include PTE (Permission To Edit) if you don’t mind that people edit your photos. If you feel you want to edit someone’s photo who does not have PTE in their post, please contact them before posting your version to the site.
4. Posting: When posting multiple photos, please include the term PIC HEAVY in the subject line. Also, please number your photos, as it will help when someone wants to offer comment. Please use good judgment when posting photos (i.e no raunchy or controversial photos). Please be courteous at all times (remember the Golden Rule).
The Photography Board is meant for Photography and to help you learn the craft. If you wish to share a snapshot of your kiddos, please post "snapshot" or "SS" in the subject so we know what we are looking at
5. Copyrights: All images posted are copyrighted to their respective owners. If you are sharing a photo that is not your own, please give the person credit for it. If you do not it is a violation of copyright! If possible, link to the photo you are wishing to share.
6. If you have anything you'd like to add or any ideas to help keep our board active and growing, please contact Sarah (DuckieHeart) or myself.