Finally got our internet connected after our move into the new house(YAY)
Anyway got to do a shoot with a lovely family yesterday and thought I would share.
All natural light.....anyone have any tips on how to reduce the light in the eyes while trying to keep the scene lit as much as possible?
SS 1/125 and above
2......I know.... selective coloring but I think it works here
Thanks for looking
Congrats on the move.
1. I really like this shot. Can I ask how you have her sitting?
2. I don't mind the selective coloring. I know it's not "in", but some people really like that sort of thing. As long as it's not "overdone" then I'm good with it.
3. Cute shot... I think I would brighten it a bit though...
4. Sometimes those moments are worth capturing.
5. For some reason I'm not digging this shot, but I do like her eyes in this shot. I'm all about their eyes "popping".
6. Cute... maybe could use a little more contrast...
7. - 9. She's going to like these family shots... my only suggestions for future would be to pull them away from the background a bit more (I know sometimes that is really hard) and I would keep their heads closer together. Dad looks SUPER tall in these, but like I said, I'm sure mom will love them. I love how in 9. she's holding her daddy's finger.
~ Jenn ~
Wife to Jon and mama to my girls...
Claudia, Constance & Chloe
She's only 4 months old so she's actually laying down in # 1
1. I like this one. The color looks great and her eyes do too!
2. I don't mind the selective coloring. I mean, it's not too much, but I would like it better without it b/c I LOVE your conversion!
3. cute shot, great eyes!
4 & 5- limb chops are bothering me here. I feel like she's being squished into the pic.
6. cute, good conversion.
7, 8, &9, I like 8 better b/c again, I feel like 7 & 8 are being squished into the frame. Does that make sense.
I think you did a great job. The conversions are great! Eyes are always great!
Sadie- mommy to Ruthie & Randy
I wish I could capture more light in my subjects' eyes, so I can't help you on that one.
These shots are so lovely.
I'm a big fan of the black background, and think it brings out the details in #1 nicely.
I also like the selective coloring in #2. Also, it is a style that many parents like for kids' photos.
#3 and #5 are sweet and delicate.
I don't care for #6 as much. The contrast seems a little low to me. On the other hand, I like the BW with the parents.
DS: Tyler 4/19/06
The eyes look very neat, although it's a little much for my taste. #1 is very sweet! What is that, a skirt? I really like #3 and 6 too!
I'm not a fan of #2, not because of the color, but I think the combo of her way-bright eyes and her crimped ear and her position, it overal feels unnatural-looking to me.
I like the #7 and 8 family shots, although I wish the husband were down closer to everyone. #9 is too cropped for me. #7 is my favorite of the family photos. I like the B&W on the family pic!
~*~ my photography site ~*~