Ugh. I ATTEMPTED a newborn photo shoot with my friend and her PRECIOUS, sleeping baby boy. I worked with what I had, which wasn't much. It was a very cramped space, and I had about 7 ppl watching me work so I was nervous.
So, these were taken with my 50mm, 1.8 and my ISO was around 1000. F stop was usually around 3.2 or so, with a shutter speed 1/100-1/200
c1crop5x7verticalweb by sadieruth, on Flickr
c2crop5x7web by sadieruth, on Flickr
C3crop5x7web by sadieruth, on Flickr
C4crop5x7web by sadieruth, on Flickr
I'm not calibrated so wont comment on colour.
2. looks a little soft to me
3. I would LOVE if this was my baby!
4. Great catchlights
Well, I have never done a newborn, and I sure would've felt pressured with seven people watching me too! But I think these are lovely.
#1 - I like the vertical composition and that great wall in the background with the creamy tones is really nice. Baby looks sweet and peaceful.
#2 - So cute! Love the yawn! It seems like there's a touch more light on his tummy than on his face, which makes his face look a bit darker, but that's nitpicking. It's super cute.
#3 - Very sweet!
#4 - Lovely one of his face. His eyes are pretty centered vertically and the title of the image suggests it's a crop, so I don't know if you could re-crop and raise his eyes up a bit or not?
Married Anthony April 2, 2005
Nora born Feb. 14th, 2007
Micah born Jan. 20, 2009
I have never done a newborn (or baby) either but I love #1 and #3! sweet!
~*~ my photography site ~*~
Thanks ladies. I am struggling with skintones and I see it bad here.
1. I have a whole version, but I liked the cropped version better b/c the blanket didn't look right in the whole version.
2. Ya, it is a bit soft. Bummer. And the light is a lot more on the belly.
4. This one was cropped. It was a very tight composition. I will try to post the whole edit and see what you all think.
Thanks so much for the CC. I truly adore this board.
These are sweet.
CC from me
1. I like the colour and love the backdrop. One thing I try to do with newborns(and I am no expert) is try and make sure that if baby has its head to the side, that the eyes are not squashed or that the blanket is not covering that part of the face, unless of course, like in picture 3, it is on a limb.
2. looks soft to me too, but I love baby yawns so I don't care about or notice anything else
3. I think this very sweet and serene
4. Nice, a little dark on the right side but I wish the eyes were in the direction of the camera, I know its hard for newborns to focus on the camera but you can get that if you are at the right angle.
TTC 14.5 years
10 BFP's, 10 Angel babies
Wanted always forgotten never
Add me on facebook