The last one seems snapshotty to me, but I like the others. The background competes a little bit in #3, maybe soften it a bit? #1 seems to be a little too smooth on the skin, but a sweet pic. I like the angle you chose on #2
Beth... mom to Andrea 7-26-97, Gavin 10-16-01, Kade 5-25-08 and Bentli Grace 09-09-09.
you can always post more for CC!
I gotta get to bed so I can't give detailed comments right now. I'll be back tomorrow when the kids let me have a break. Just want to tell you that I love the baby sweetness here!
and about the head chop ... it seems accidental, not deliberate, so my gut reply is that it doesn't work. maybe you could get creative with your crop so it works?
Gwen, Mommy to Andrew, Jordan, Natalie & Jack
My blog - all things family, photography and crafty
You can NEVER post too much in MY book!!!! BRING IT ON!
1. I love this one. It has such a soft feel while focus is spot on. Composition is very pleasing. This is a great portfolio image (imho). and I can't believe you don't have noise issues at iso 800.
2. I'm really digging the composition here. I love how much detail you get, right down to the finger nails, but it still feels soft like the squishy babe picture. Your conversion is really nice too.
3. ISO 1600?!?!?! WOW! Despite teh elbow chop, I love this one. that sweet face steals the show. Again, great conversion. the reflector really helps to even out the lighting. COOL!
4. The head chop doesn't bother me TOO much, but something seems not-quite-right here. Maybe a portrait crop would work better. Great light in those beautifully dark eyes.
Wow, these are great! YES, you can ALWAYS share!
1. LOVE this one. How sweet and precious!
2. great detail and love the conversion!
3. great shot. I don't mind the elbow crop, great eyes.
4. I think what's more off on this one, I feel like she's in a stroller or something. A tighter crop might give this just what it needs.
Thanks all! I think i may add #1 to my portfolio
Ok, I'm gonna get really picky on your this time, because I'm seeing a ton of improvement from you, so why not?!
1. Very sweet - I wish there was a tiny bit more space around the teddy ears.. they are just barely fitting in. There are a few wrinkles in the blanket that could use fixing. Also, I'm seeing some kind of green in the shadow on baby's shoulder.
2. I really like this tool, but I keep wishing I could see some more of that hand under the face. Oh well, its still very nice. Probably just a personal preference too.
3 & 4. Both completely adorable, but look snapshotty to me. If I was the mom, I would be going crazy over these!