Here are some pictures I have taken recently (some of my friend's newborn) and (yes I can post!) and some of my own kids. (CC welcome!)
.. and my kids:
Thanks for looking
Here is my cc
#1 is looking VERY bright. Baby's shoulder and moms hand look blown to me.
#2 nice clarity, but I'm not loving that expression. I think the baby looks unhappy. Also, he looks like he is sliding out of the frame. I tilt my head way to the right when I look at this pic.
#3 I wish both feet were in focus, or you could see the toes on both feet.
#4 very sweet, I like this conversion better.
#4 really nice, but also looks too bright to me. I can't see a lot of detail in her skin.
#5 my favorite of this set. I also like this conversion the best. Beautiful kids!
Thank you for your input!
I find that if I do a conversion using actions, it almost always blows out somewhere in the pic. I'm not sure how you did yours, but if it is an action, you could try masking back the bright spots on any contrast/brightness layers.
I'm really impressed with your newborn shots. Babies are SO HARD!
1. This is a nice conversion, but the shoulder does look a touch blown. I love the composition though. what a sweet, sweet moment.
2. sleepy babies are the BEST! LOVE the expression you caught. color looks pretty good too.
3. great shot of these wrinkly little feet!!!!! I do wish they were both in focus though. The detail on the foot that IS in focus is what really makes the shot for me.
4. look at those EYES!!!!! great catch lights and nice conversion!
5. this is my favorite of the set! WOW! those eyes are AMAZING and draw me right into the photo. GREAT GREAT JOB!
6. this is a very close 2nd for my favorite. Catching the 2 of them together like this is great! Baby's face looks slightly blown, but it doesn't bother me because the eyes look so good.
I hope we see a steady stream from you ... these are great and your kiddos are just TOO cute!
Now I just wish there was a way to magically refocus on that wrinkly little foot! LOL. I liked #6 the best, but it's just because I am their Mom and it's the first relatively GOOD picture o them together.. and of my oldest who rarely sits still! So it has more sentimental value than aesthetic merit.
Thanks for your comments and suggestions! I will try and post more (and post more in return). I've gotten back into photography and really want to continue to grow!