All shot in manual, no flash.
1. Is the chair annoying in the background? I really love this one because there wasn't any glare from his glasses.
IMG_7748 by willis2485, on Flickr
2. Is the comp ok on this one with him being so centered? How's my pp? Is it slightly underexposed?
IMG_7692 by willis2485, on Flickr
3. No cc. Just a silly one of Sully and his new 'cheese' face
IMG_7662 by willis2485, on Flickr
Oh.my.goodness, that first one is great! Awesome job on not getting the glare on the glasses. You might see about cloning the design on the chair, but the chair isn't a dealbreaker for me!
You're right in that the second is dark. I'd brighten that up some more. The centered crop doesn't bother me, but it might some. What does bother me is all the "clutter" going on around his face. It's a little distracting.
Oh, my Jackson makes that face too! Only it's when I tell him to close his eyes. I laugh so hard when he does it!
He's laying on his bed in the second one, so that's his blanket all bunched up. It didn't really bother me until you mentioned it! I guess I was having a mommy moment looking into his eyes I agree though, it is distracting!
Oh, don't get me wrong! It's a great photo!! One that I would probably print out for the wall if it were my kid. Just something to think about for the next time. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on exposure in general, so it's time for you to start looking at things like background and lighting
1. I really love this photo but yes, the chair is distracting me. My eyes follow the line on his shirt right to the chair. Still, I love his face and great job with the glare. Have you ever used a filter to reduce glare. I have only tried it with my dads bike so not even sure how it works with people?
2. Love the light you caught in his eyes! What a sweet face.
#1) A great shot I love that you got a pic without getting glare off the glasses, you could try cloning out the chair, the edges are pretty clear so it shouldn't be that difficult to do.
#2) I really like the catch lights in his eyes, I'm not big on the blanket he's lying on it is a bit distracting. To me your crop is good.
#3) What a cute shot.
* Amanda *
1. I don't mind the chair. I can see it might be distracting to some however, to me, it is fine. Great work getting the shot without glare off his glasses. Crystal clear too.
2. His eyes definitely pop in this photo and I would love it if it was one of my children, however, as an observer the rest of the photo doesn't do much for me. I tend to be centre-orientated in photos too, I don't think about it half the time even though I know I shouldn't do it. I think this would look better with a slightly different comp.
3. Too cute. My DD has a cheese face that is quite similar
Sadie- mommy to Ruthie & Randy