Well, I'm trying to catch up on my January edits, but I keep taking more pictures, and it's putting me even more behind! Since I haven't really been able to stay on top of the Friday threads, I thought I'd share a few of my photos taken over the last month or so.
1. This was the first decent snow we got this winter, back in mid-December.
2. I was playing with my 50mm lens, which had gone untouched for a very long time. I really love how this came out. I had a lot of fun photographing ornaments that day. The red ornaments are pretty small, maybe 1.5" diameter.
3. First moon picture I took with my 70-200mm zoom lens, just love the detail captured here
4. Another taken with the new lens. I was attempting to do MCP's project 52 (I've since switched project 52s to something else). The theme was "shades of gray" - I really love how this turned out.
5. I got a reflector stand for Christmas, and finally set it up. Promised GiGi I'd take a picture of it, so here it is. Light wasn't great the one day I played with it. I definitely will need sandbags to use this outside, the stand was very unstable.
6. One of the pictures I took the day I was playing with the reflector. Nat really wasn't cooperative (despite the cooperation for this photo). I don't know if any of the reflector light made it on to her here, because she wouldn't sit up higher when I asked her to.
7. Total mommy goggles here, I love this one. But I want to crop it differently (really wish all of the distracting background stuff wasn't there). Got any ideas? You can play with this one if you have something in mind.
8. The full moon with the new lens. Some of you already saw this on Flickr, thanks for the comments there!
9. Lastly, here's a cool view of the snow that was falling here on Wednesday. We got a LOT of snow, school has been closed every day but Monday (Tuesday was a teacher workday). I have a ton of pictures waiting to be edited of the snow. But I did this one that very night cause I really love how it turned out. Had to use my flash to light it all up, it was dusk at that point.
Anyhow, that's a quick catch up from me. I am working on Natalie's 5 year portraits right now, and hope to post them soon (actually strugging with WB on those, I really need to get a Photovision target!). I hope to catch up on more threads here too. Trying to reply to a few a day, as I don't like leaving people out when they're looking for feedback.