Moderator of the pregnancy and infant loss support board
*NEW UPDATE..May 25* at top (preg-ment)
Okay, today's beta was 4,100 48 hours later, at 4wks 5 days preg. The nurse said this is an appropriate doubling time. I go in for an ultrasound (again, *if* I make it) on June 7th.
Beta today is 2,100 at 4wks 3 days (they tripled in 48 hours..so, this is good) The nurse is gonna ask the RE to test again I believe. Also, an ultrasound will be scheduled for the week of June 4th (if I make it that far!)
I also had a good talk with my doc about IVF/PGD....So, if something happens with this little one. I feel more comfortable about moving forward..
Thanks for all the support ladies!!!
I may start posting a bit on one of the preg boards...As I will need to vent over the next few weeks if I make it that far.....But will still be very active on this board..
HCG: 4wks 1 day preg.... 709
Will see what happens on Wednesday...Though, I probably will not get the number till Thursday, since I am going more mid day...
I am still a reck...Could use support from anyone feeling emotionally well enough to give it...
Thanks for all the replies girls. Your encouragement has helped me more then you know Thanks for updating me (everyone) on where you all are in our ttc journey. I hope all are blessed with successful preg. in the near future.
Me???? I tested today (I think 9dpo) early this morning...(looked promising) ...And again just 10 minutes ago. And I feel safe to say, I got a bfp!!! (very light though! but there nonetheless!) I know it may only last for a day. That said, today, I am happy. I increased my progesterone just a bit ago (doubled it) I am gonna get into the doctors on Monday for blood work (I could go in sooner, but I want to see if I can at least get to 15dpo!! which would be Monday, before having any blood work done) and then again maybe (if first beta is okay) on Wednesday or Thursday to see if I double....First things first though, I gotta just get through today.
Also, if all works out....I will ask dh to show me how to scan my pea sticks..and how to do this whole photo bucket thing. I just won't feel comfortable posting these pics (on one of the other boards) until I get a few beta draws done..
I am not announcing officially on any other boards. I want to see where this goes, if anywhere. So, some prayers/good thoughts are what I need right now. Congrat's can come if my beta draws look good (again, if I make it that far!)
A little up date on me..
My plan was to have IVF/PGD this cycle. I started the process...got a verbal approval from my doc regarding the IVF portion..But the PGD portion, insurance would only cover 850 of it (could cost up to 4,000 depending on the kind of testing that the doc would think I needed) ....Anyways..I wanted to have a written letter of pre-determination regarding my coverage, as it costs tons of money just to have the IVF done alone!! I wanted to make darn sure my insurance would pay, in writing!
I sent in all the forms about 3wks ago. During that time, I found out it was gonna take an additional 4-6 weeks after they received the forms, to review and decide my coverage. During this time, I also found out that if I have no viable embies to send out for PGD testing. That I will STILL have to pay HALF the cost!!! yikes!!! I thought that I would only have to pay IF I had something to send to them!! not so apparently!!! This is a bigger decision then I initially thought it was gonna be! we are not rich by any means...I have no idea as to how I would respond to the drugs given during the IVF process...What if there are no embies??
Anyways, as a result of this info. Dh and I have decided to give this cycle another go, since we need to wait for the pre-determination letter anyways. I am (guessing, since I could not find any ovulation predictor kits at two dollar trees I went to!) about 5-6dpo?? I started my progesterone on Wednesday (hope that wasn't to early ) ...will see what happens. I will probably test some time next week. If not pregnant, hopefully insurance will have an answer for me soon at that point. If pregnant..well, I then have the stress of seeing if I can get through the next day, still being pregnant!!
I am keeping my appt with my doc/IVF nurse on May 23rd (was moved from the 16th, as the nurse had a change in her schedule, and needed to move me) ...I am going to ask my doc if IVF would still be beneficial, if I decided against the PGD. Will see what he says, then go from there.
So, that's my story. You girls must think I am a complete idiot for ttc again. But what else am I to do?? I am gonna be 43 in October. Letting one month go by, due to my age, is a huge deal....I can only hope that the progesterone works...that there was a good egg this month....And if my problem is an unidentified immune issue...That my body will just decide to give in, and leave my baby be!!
I am waiting to get the results of my HSG to see when we can begin to TTC again. I have it on Monday, so we'll see soon. I guess I get the results from my Dr on the 21st, a week after the test. Hopefully, we can TTC soon! Good luck Marie! I will keep you in my prayers.
Hi Marie, I really hope that you are pregnant this cycle and that it sticks. I don't think you are an idiot for trying again.... I think you are very brave to make the decision to try again and I can't imagine anyone telling a woman who desperately wants a baby that she should just give up on her dream. I wish you all the best.
As for me, I am just waiting for my first AF since my m/c. Once that arrives, we will officially be TTC again. My D&C was 4 weeks ago tomorrow, so I am hoping I get it sometime within the next week. Thanks for asking about my journey, and please send some AF vibes my way!
I wish you all the best in this and hope and pray this time will work for you. I do not think you are an idiot for trying again. This is our dream and hopes and our desires and it is by faith that we keep going. Faith that it will come true the next time.
I am waiting for my next A/F before we are supposed to TTC. It should arrive with another week if on time. However, my dh and I are having some money issues and we may need to wait another month or so, besides we just had a big fight and that needs to be resolved as well.
Hoping all will work out soon and for the best for all of us!
It's all about perseverance and keeping hope alive, isn't it? I don't blame you one bit for trying again. It takes courage, and I admire you for your determination.
We still have more than a month left before we TTC again. My RE just wanted to wait one natural cycle, but everything I read says to wait 3 months after a metho injection and I don't want to take any chances. The bummer is that my body has short cycles so it will probably end up being MORE than 3 months in total before we TTC again. Who knows, though? Trying to stay positive...
Good luck! I am waiting until September to TTC again so I can be able to finish business school before we have a baby. We are also going to Italy at the end of August, so we will TTC right after we get back
Good Luck Marie! I can't believe they expect you to cover half the cost if there are no embies.
I'm not ttc but, i've been doing alot of thinking about being a surrogate carrier for someone. I've already received an email from someplace in Boston that does it. Just the info they want. yikes! I just hope my uterus issue doesn't stand in the way of this. I enjoy being pregnant alot....i just don't want more of my own kids.
I am in my first cycle of trying to conceive. Not using anything but cervical mucus checks and calender dates for ovulation. So far I find these methods easy to chart. I have had a 13 week m/c at it was my 1st pregnancy. I am very much looking forward to having a baby now... more so than ever.
From this I have learned not to take life for granted and to love with my whole heart without holding back. To live a little in the moment and also I realized that although I would not have considered myself a religious person, my faith in God and its strength surprised me through this ordeal.
Marie... I would give anything for a child... and I know you would too... I don't think your crazy... I think any child would be lucky to have a mom who wanted him/her this much.
Marie, my RE told me last week when I asked him how long we should wait to try again after our m/c that we could try right away and for most women we shouldn't wait the three months anymore like they used to say. Esp once we get older, because if we are waiting three months and then trying for several months it could narrow our chances so much.
(keeping in mind the many different cases for loss lead to different needs in healing, you and your dr will need to decide and every dr is different)
As for us, we are skipping this cycle, i'm trying to get back into taking my vitamins and we decided it would be best physically and mentally for me/us to wait. I quit taking my vitamins after my m/c and after a week when i'd think about it, it made me sad like i'm taking them for my empty belly. I'm already calculating the next possible due date I could have though.