i m/c'd on june 7th. went to the doc on monday and there was still a little bit of the sac in there. he said he would wait until next monday to see if i could pass it on my own. they also took my hcg levels on monday. the result was 11 (down from 82 from 5 days earlier).
i'm going in tomorrow for another beta and hoping it's below 5 (that's what the nurse said it has to get to).
my question is: if my beta goes below 5 (or lower is better) then is a d&c necessary? would there still be stuff leftover if my beta had gone down? i want to avoid a d&c and move on and try again but i'm not sure what the deal is with beta #s and needing a d&c.
i asked the nurse today when i went in for yet another beta (nothing more depressing than getting a beta test HOPING for the numbers to go DOWN) about whether or not i needed a d&c if my numbers go down below 5. she said no but that i still needed to go in for the u/s on monday just to make sure.
thing is, i haven't bled in like a week. so i don't think anything is coming out. unless it re-absorbs.
fingers crossed that i don't have to get this d&c and i can just move on.
I'm afraid I don't know anything about the beta count, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you release naturally, as you wish to.
Not to be a pessimist, but if this doesn't happen I'd just like to assure you that D & C's are really quick, gentle and commonplace procedures. I had one and had absolutely no complications -- all was fine. Also, when this topic has come up here on this board before, I learned that I was certainly not the only one -- so many of us have had D & C's and there were no problems whatsoever.
I just wanted to reassure you, in case you have to have one. But, because of your strong feelings, I really hope you don't.
Great big bear hugs,
“He that conceals his grief finds no remedy for it”
-- Turkish proverb
I just had D&C Tuesday. It wasn't that bad. 20 minutes for the entire procedure. They knocked my *** out and then when I woke up, they were done. I have spotted here and there, but I think it will be done with in another day or two.
I had to have one though. My pregnancy didn't develop beyond 6 weeks. We wanted to be sure, so we had another round of blood test and another sono. No growth or heartbeat.
I chose to go ahead and have a D&C. I am anemic and am prone to PID. I just didn't want to wait either. So, that was the best choice for me. I am not trying to tell you what to do, but it really isn't bad. I can say that I feel a lot better.
Good luck and I am so sorry for your loss. PM me if you like.
I hope I'm not too late. Ask your doc if you can take medicine instead. I've heard of people being prescribed Provera to bring on a period, as well as there is a medicine to induce m/c.
If you have no signs of infection, waiting is often safer than a D&C. I've miscarried 3 times naturally, and twice it took about a month with no problems before I finally miscarried. I've never had an incomplete m/c, though.