I started spotting yesterday, and today the bleeding started. This would have been hard enough, but starting at 5 this morning, our little puppy started vomiting every few hours. It got to the point where she was so weak she couldn't stand on her own. For about an hour, I seriously thought I was going to lose my puppy along with my baby. I completely broke down, worse than it has been this entire time. If my DH hadn't been home, I might have really lost it. As it was, he was a lifesaver. He held the puppy's head as she threw up to make sure it was all on a towel, he called all the local vet offices to find out which one could see her soonest, he went out to the backyard to collect the most recent stool sample for the vet to check, and he held me the whole time I was crying.
The good news is that today is almost over and that things are looking much better than they did 5 hours ago. The vet gave her an injection of fluids and a shot to stop the vomiting, and she's well on her way to being better. And I finally decided that I should be grateful that my body is miscarrying on its own. The last thing I wanted was a D&C, and if I hadn't started miscarrying by Monday the doctor might have recommended that or drugs. There was no bringing the baby back, so this really is the best outcome given the circumstances.
Oh, and the rest of my chocolate collection is gone. This is a good thing, as it means that my mood is considerably better than it was pre-chocolate-consumption. But it means I might need to hit the Halloween sales soon.
Thanks for letting me get all of that out. I'm so grateful this board exists.