I am a friend of Laurie's. I thought some of you might want to know what is going on with her since she probably won't be able to post for awhile. She has been a frequent poster on this board since the loss of her baby boy Brennan last year.
She is currently pregnant again and due in November. Yesterday, she had a lot of cramping and then some bleeding. She went to the hospital where they determined that she was having contractions, was already 2cm dilated, and 50% effaced. While there, she started bleeding heavily so they did an ultrasound to see where it was coming from. They think she has a partial placenta abruption as they could see the bleeding was coming from there. Because of the danger with abruption, they are not going to stop her labor if it progresses. Last night, they gave her the shot to mature Hunter's lungs and they will be giving her another one today.
Today, she seems to be doing a bit better. The bleeding is much less and she seems to be stable. She had had a low-lying placenta before and they think that it might have finally moved up, causing the abruption and bleeding. They are monitoring her and she is just resting for now. However, they still will not stop her if she goes into labor. If she continues to do well, they may send her home, or they may decide to keep her admitted for the duration of the pregnancy.
Laurie is 31w1d today. Please keep her and little Hunter in your thoughts. She is being brave as always and not wanting to trouble anyone, but I know she is very worried.
I will keep you updated as soon as I know more.