Missed Miscarriage - Living In Limbo
My entire experience this time around has been difficult and and the medical support I've received has been less than impressive, so I'm here now to share and basically try to get it out of my system.
My LMP was May 29th. I had two betas run immediately (I'm 36 and have had 2 previous m/c.) The first one was 226 and the second was 1054. The doctor thought the first number was low (without a point of reference) and the second was "fine." I knew they were both high based on how early I was and when I had the first u/s, they dated the pregnancy a week smaller than what I had thought it was, making the betas look even higher in comparison. When the doctor dated the pregnancy she ended up calling the days the betas were drawn as days 4 and 8 DPO. Absolutely ridiculous but she said she "wasn't concerned." Well, that made one of us.
The first u/s was 7/21 and the pregnancy was dated at 6w2d and heartbeat was 107. Six days later they repeated, found 6 days of growth, dated 7w1d and the heartbeat was 162. Doctor said everything was perfect. For me it felt like something was off from the beginning.
Started to spot a bit of brown blood on 8/11. Went to the doctor on 8/13 for "peace of mind" and the u/s measured the baby at 6w5d and there was no longer a heartbeat. I had to wait an entire week after that to hear from my doctor (I saw the "on call" doctor that day and was told my regular doctor would call the next day). I was told I could wait for my body to do it naturally or have a D&C. In talking with a nurse before actually hearing from the doctor I was told of the medication I could take to push my body to finish the process. I decided to take that route as I really don't want the D&C unless it becomes medically necessary.
I took the first dose on 8/21. Very little happened. I was out of town from the 24-29th, so I wanted to try the medication first. I stopped spotting completely and this past Tuesday I was given another dose - a higher dose this time. Again, very little happened.
I now have a call in to my doctor (although it's going again to an "on call" doctor as my doctor is out) to see if they will give me a third and possibly higher dosage.
Anyone ever had this problem with a missed miscarriage? My concern is that my body, for what ever reason, won't do it on it's own and doesn't seem to be taking any cues from the medication either. I will have the D&C if it comes to that, but I have had a natural m/c before and would prefer that than the shell out he $3000 it will cost with the insurance to have the doctor do it.
I'm tired, I'm stressed and hate living my life in limbo.