Sorry to say... need advice (mc ment)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
bartswife0618's picture
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 06/22/07
Posts: 36
Sorry to say... need advice (mc ment)

I posted last week about heavy bleeding for a couple hours and no cramps but my HCG level doubled two days later (8/20 was 92 and 8/22 was 180). I went back in 8/24 for another test and they called today saying that those results were 318. It didn't double obviously, but it went up.

Well, the nurse was concerned because it didn't double and those levels are pretty low for being (at that time) 5w5d along. She suggested it may be an ectopic pregnancy. I went in at 3:30 for an u/s and they didn't find anything in my uterus or in my tubes. Basically there is absolutly no evidence of a pregnancy.

The doctor said I can either do a D&C or give it a week and test again. What should I do? In your opinion and/or experiences do you think I had a miscarriage or did the doctor f*** up? If I did infact miscarriage why are my levels going up?

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing okay. I didn't do the D&C, still haven't had any bleeding or side pain like I was told to expect. I feel the same, confused!

Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 01/25/02
Posts: 2023

I would wait. I had a suspected blighted ovum, and my doc wanted me to wait one wk out from the last u/s to have another and be able to see any changes. I think you should have another u/s to be on the safe side. Especially since your hcg is rising, albeit slowly (mine did the same thing). I am so sorry that you are having to stress about all of this. Hugs!

newbie2all's picture
Last seen: 6 years 4 months ago
Joined: 02/02/07
Posts: 93

There is no doubt in my mind that I would wait. See if they will do an u/s to tell them more. If it were me I would wait til the numbers start falling before I'd give up. I guess doctor's do know best but if it were me this is what I would do. We can all pray for a miracle sometimes and you just never know when we'll get one answered.

shellyhudson's picture
Last seen: 6 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/13/07
Posts: 814

I would wait hon. Get another u/s if they are willing to do it. Doctors are not infallible. Just my opinion.