I had an u/s today, 8w3d, and there was no visible heartbeat and the yolk sac appeared bigger than it was last week. The doctor said he was sorry and then said we can schedule a d&c next week. I didn't even have time to process being told my baby had no heartbeat! I told him I'd read accounts of women who saw no hb at 8 wks, but they were still pregnant. And he agreed that he'd heard of such things, too. He said they would do another u/s before the d& c. Well, I don't want a d&c. He said I can come back next week just for u/s, but I feel like I'm just going to be pressured to have the procedure.
I don't think I have ever felt this sad... This baby was soooo wanted for such a long time...
I;m sorry. Are you sure about your "O" dates? Hang in there.
I posted to you on your previous bb...I lurk here as I used to be a host on this board for a few years...I have lost 9 lo's myself.
Go get your ultrasound...and DON'T let your doctor pressure you...If need be, take someone who can speak/be strong for you...
When all is said and done, if your baby is truly gone, you need to be okay with how that ends up happening..
I really hope that you turn out to be like others, who thought that their baby was gone...and then they come to find that their lo was not.
If something happens between now, and the time you have your ultrasound, typically, this will happen during the evening when one is most relaxed...I would suggest that while you are waiting to be sure, to wear a pad and put some old sheets on your bed...Maybe a bed pad if you have it.
Hang in there....This week will be a tough one.
ETA: Oh, and there is ALWAYS hope.
Last edited by AVoiceInTheWilderness; 02-20-2009 at 09:51 PM.
I'm very sorry. Please don't feel pressured to do anything - it's your body.
Thank you for your words of support.
Hugs. I am so very sorry. I have been there before. I had a blighted ovum in Aug 07. I went to that first appt full of hope, and came home full of despair. Thankfully I have a wonderful doc who said we would repeat the u/s in one week, just to be sure, and do beta draws to see what was happening with my blood levels. I knew it was over, but I am so thankful that we waited to help give ourselves closure and time. I also did not want a d&c. My doc did not like his patients waiting more than 2wks from finding out, so I waited the 2wks and nothing happened. It was almost 3 wks from the time we found out until we had the d&c. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. Hugs, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or pm me.
I'm sorry for your loss and for the pressure your feeling. Like it isn't bad enough to go through this but you have to feel unsupported too. I"m in the opposite position though. I"m five weeks and this is my second loss and I wish someone would just D&C me and let me greive already! I don't want to sit through seven hours of minilabour again. But, alas, no one will even see me. I can only go for bloodwork to confirm the obvious and then wait to see if there's "complications" with the MC. I just want to move ahead, get some control back and start healing. The waiting is killing me. Sorry, I kinda went off on a tangent there. Everyone should be able to deal eith thier loss the way they want to. You want to wait and you should be allowed to do so. I want to get it over with and I can't.
I am so sorry that you are experiencing another loss cdokter (I don't know your first name, sorry!). Ya know, the second time around I wanted a d&c that day.. and they got me in 2 days later. I hope you can find someone to help you. Hugs and prayers.
Rachel, momma to 4
dd 9, ds 7, twin boys Dec 09
I nursed my twins for 2years and 2 weeks! A little sad to be all done now.
I'm sorry honey. Do not let them pressure you into something you do not want. You have the right to say no. You have the right to a second opinion too. Hang in there.