I'm Christina. I have two children from a prev marriage (mine) my DH has two from a previous marriage (his) and we are unexpectedly expecting a new LO in May (ours).
I have a DD from 8/2001 and DS from 9/2003. DSS's are 11/2003 and 9/2006. We are expecting a boy (yes, the disappointment was audible from all of the kids, and the grandparents - no girls on DH's side and only 3 out of 11 girls on my side). But that's what God has blessed us with so we are ready and happy to welcome our little guy.
I'm pretty behind here as I'm already 22 weeks today so I'll try to catch up as best I can.
I don't have a journal from my first two - wish I did. I know my DH doesn't have one from either of his. So I figured since this is our last I should be able to look back and remember.
I'll do my best to recap the fist 22 weeks over the next couple of days.
So I got my BFP on September 19th much to my surprise! Here's the reproductive history prior to BFP:
1. on depo from Jan 2006 to my last shot in May 2008 (doc wanted me off because I was developing some side effects).
2. Doc would not put me on the pill because I had fluctuating high BP and she said that could kick me right into chronic hypertension. She said use other bc instead.
3. No AF until June 2009 - a full year after last shot.
4. 3 irregular cycles.
5. Expected AF on 9/18/2009 and bled on 9/16 - thought it was AF but only bled for one day.
6. I waited until Saturday morning because I really thought it was a wonky cycle but then I felt a little weird. Nothing I could put my finger on but I just felt weird.
7. I tested and got that BFP. Showed my DH and whoa - that was just, well, weird.
With four children already in our lives this was not planned and we made our attempts at prevention without hormones. But we were offered a chance to have a child together and both of us felt that this was just meant to be. We will find a way to make it work.
I spent the first 6 weeks after my BFP in a bit of a daze. DH (well, SO at the time) and I were finalizing the plans for our wedding on 10/9 so I was busy busy busy. The ceremony was very small and went great for the most part. No one knew there was an extra little person in the room but us - a sweet little secret I will always treasure.
I was looking for some support during this time and found pg.org - which has been wonderful!!!
Ok, more later but at least I got a start - no more procrastinating - my last little LO deserves this loving journal and so do I.