I found a recipe on allrecipes.com for Cream Cheese sugar cookies and gave it a try last night. I'm an obsessive cookie-baker, and sugar cookies are my family's favorite (I don't like to eat what I bake, I don't have an opinion really).
Here's the recipe I tried--
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture. Divide dough into two pieces, cover and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut in to desired shapes using cookie cutters and place the cookies at least 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven, until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are firm. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Okay, now they cut out fine, the batter was pretty sticky and hard to keep flour on (weird), which made rolling it out difficult. They baked fine, didn't spead too much (what did spread while baking kinda shrunk back after being cooled). The problem?
The taste. It doesn't taste like ANYTHING. Just. . like you're eating nothing, really. Did I do something wrong, or is it just a bad recipe???
**edited because at first I forgot to copy the recipe lol