Desserts

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
MrsHooah2U's picture
Joined: 01/07/08
Posts: 946
Desserts

Haha, No longer under construction! haha!! Smile

let's share those YUMMMY goodies! Smile

Dewdrop75's picture
Joined: 09/09/07
Posts: 47

Hoping I can still post a recipe here?

This is a recipe that I got from a WW meeting years ago and really love it! I sometimes make it not in a pie shell and just have the insides of the pie for snacks. Without the crust it is 2 points per serving. The original recipe was Key Lime pie and used Lime Jello, and Key Lime Pie Yoplait yogurt, so you can experiment with flavors, I have also done strawberry and that is really good too. I'm thinking orange would be really good too, like an orange cream sickle.

Raspberry Pie W/ Crust

Course: desserts
PointsPlus™ Value: 4
Servings: 8

Ingredients
1 Ready Crust 25% Less-Fat Graham Cracker Ready pie crust
1 package Jell-O Sugar-Free Raspberry
1/4 cup(s) water, Boiling
1 (8 oz) Cool Whip Whipped Topping Fat Free Whipped Topping
2 (6 oz.) Yoplait Light Raspberry Yogurt

Instructions

In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
Stir in yogurt with wire whisk.
Fold in whipped topping with wooden spoon.
Spread in crust.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

pammypoohbear's picture
Joined: 11/09/02
Posts: 353

Had to have cupcakes today, but am on weight watchers, so made them without the eggs and oil! Wink

1 box of white cake mix
1 can of diet orange soda

Empty contents of 1 box of cake mix into a mixing bowl. Slowly pour in 1 can of diet soda. Stir until smooth (it will be foamy and bubbly at first). Pour into liners in muffin tins and bake according to directions on cake mix package. Let cool and top with 1 tbsp. of fat free (or light) whipped cream.

Mix and match flavors of cake mix and diet sodas. Devils food cake mix and diet cherry coke, Red Velvet cake mix and diet 7up, Chocolate cake mix and diet vanilla coke, yellow cake mix and diet root beer, etc.

Audgee's picture
Joined: 08/24/05
Posts: 305

"pammypoohbear" wrote:

Had to have cupcakes today, but am on weight watchers, so made them without the eggs and oil! Wink

1 box of white cake mix
1 can of diet orange soda

Empty contents of 1 box of cake mix into a mixing bowl. Slowly pour in 1 can of diet soda. Stir until smooth (it will be foamy and bubbly at first). Pour into liners in muffin tins and bake according to directions on cake mix package. Let cool and top with 1 tbsp. of fat free (or light) whipped cream.

Mix and match flavors of cake mix and diet sodas. Devils food cake mix and diet cherry coke, Red Velvet cake mix and diet 7up, Chocolate cake mix and diet vanilla coke, yellow cake mix and diet root beer, etc.

I am so curious to try this - can you taste the flavour of the soda?? (I'm on a big Root Beer kick and am thinking this could be super yummy!!

Audgee's picture
Joined: 08/24/05
Posts: 305

Okay tried this one this morning!! I used root beer (yum) and a French Vanilla cake mix I had in the cupboard - they are yummy!! And so light!
I wish there was a bit more root beer flavour, but that might be because of the french vanilla, vs a yellow cake.

Audgee's picture
Joined: 08/24/05
Posts: 305

Here's my favourite low fat brownie recipe. They are quite yummy - and fit the bill for me when I want ooey gooey brownies, but don't want the guilt!

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 pkg (3.5 oz) instant chocolate pudding
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp butter or margarine
1 egg
1 egg white (I usually use 2 eggs cause I hate to waste the yolk - silly I know!)
1/4 cup baby food prunes (you don't taste the prune flavour, unless you over do it - so be sure to measure - I made that mistake once! Still yummy, but different flavour!)
1 tsp vanilla
Recipe calls for 1/3 cup mint chocolate chips - I have never used these. Will sometimes use regular chocolate chips, if I have them - or just leave them out!

Preheat oven to 350
Spray a 8" pan with non stick spray
Mix together flour, pudding, baking powder and salt - set aside
In a separate bowl, beat together sugar, butter, egg and egg white (medium speed) Add prunes and vanilla, beat again. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
Fold in mint chips
Spread evenly into pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes

Audgee's picture
Joined: 08/24/05
Posts: 305

Another yummy dessert - that's not too high in fat - is called Fantasy Island Cake

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup crushed pineapple in juice
1/3 c mashed ripe bananas
1 egg
2 egg whites
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 c mini chocolate chips (I have made it without these)
1/3 c. chopped walnuts (I have also made it without these)
1 tablespoon flour

Preheat oven to 350

Combine flour, sugar, br sugar, baking powder and baking soda and set aside

Blend together crushed pineapple (I use canned pineapple rings and put them through the food processor), banana, egg, egg whites, and vanilla - on low speed.
Gradually mix in the floour mixture and beat on medium-high until all dry ingredients have been incorporated

In a small bowl mix together choc chips, walnuts and 1 tbsp flour - fold into batter (the flour keeps these from sinking to the bottom of the cake - who knew?)

Spray an 8 x 8 pan with non stick spray and pour batter into the pan.
Bake for 40-45minutes

Yummy!!!

combatcutie's picture
Joined: 04/04/07
Posts: 2120

"Audgee" wrote:

Here's my favourite low fat brownie recipe. They are quite yummy - and fit the bill for me when I want ooey gooey brownies, but don't want the guilt!

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 pkg (3.5 oz) instant chocolate pudding
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp butter or margarine
1 egg
1 egg white (I usually use 2 eggs cause I hate to waste the yolk - silly I know!)
1/4 cup baby food prunes (you don't taste the prune flavour, unless you over do it - so be sure to measure - I made that mistake once! Still yummy, but different flavour!)
1 tsp vanilla
Recipe calls for 1/3 cup mint chocolate chips - I have never used these. Will sometimes use regular chocolate chips, if I have them - or just leave them out!

Preheat oven to 350
Spray a 8" pan with non stick spray
Mix together flour, pudding, baking powder and salt - set aside
In a separate bowl, beat together sugar, butter, egg and egg white (medium speed) Add prunes and vanilla, beat again. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.
Fold in mint chips
Spread evenly into pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes

My DH loves brownies, so I am so trying this next weekend

combatcutie's picture
Joined: 04/04/07
Posts: 2120

"Audgee" wrote:

Another yummy dessert - that's not too high in fat - is called Fantasy Island Cake

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup crushed pineapple in juice
1/3 c mashed ripe bananas
1 egg
2 egg whites
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 c mini chocolate chips (I have made it without these)
1/3 c. chopped walnuts (I have also made it without these)
1 tablespoon flour

Preheat oven to 350

Combine flour, sugar, br sugar, baking powder and baking soda and set aside

Blend together crushed pineapple (I use canned pineapple rings and put them through the food processor), banana, egg, egg whites, and vanilla - on low speed.
Gradually mix in the floour mixture and beat on medium-high until all dry ingredients have been incorporated

In a small bowl mix together choc chips, walnuts and 1 tbsp flour - fold into batter (the flour keeps these from sinking to the bottom of the cake - who knew?)

Spray an 8 x 8 pan with non stick spray and pour batter into the pan.
Bake for 40-45minutes

Yummy!!!

This one sounds yummy too. I copied this to make for a holiday

AlyssaEimers's picture
Joined: 08/22/06
Posts: 6560

"pammypoohbear" wrote:

Had to have cupcakes today, but am on weight watchers, so made them without the eggs and oil! Wink

1 box of white cake mix
1 can of diet orange soda

Empty contents of 1 box of cake mix into a mixing bowl. Slowly pour in 1 can of diet soda. Stir until smooth (it will be foamy and bubbly at first). Pour into liners in muffin tins and bake according to directions on cake mix package. Let cool and top with 1 tbsp. of fat free (or light) whipped cream.

Mix and match flavors of cake mix and diet sodas. Devils food cake mix and diet cherry coke, Red Velvet cake mix and diet 7up, Chocolate cake mix and diet vanilla coke, yellow cake mix and diet root beer, etc.

:lurk:
That seems amazing. I am going to need to try this next time I go to the store and get a diet soda.

Joined: 11/14/08
Posts: 105

Jello Poke Cupcakes

1 Pillsbury Moist Supreme white cake mix
12 oz. 7 Up
3 oz. box sugar free strawberry Jello
1 cup water, boiling
4 oz. fat free Cool Whip

Mix cake mix and 7 Up together. Put into cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Mix the Jello and the boiling water until the Jello is dissolved. Poke holes with a fork into the top of the cupcakes. Use a spoon to pour jello mixture onto the cupcakes. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Top with cool whip. Can tint cool whip with red food coloring and put a sliced strawberry on top.

I made 9 jumbo cupcakes out of this recipe and they were each 7 Points Plus (Weight Watchers).

Bonita's picture
Joined: 02/11/02
Posts: 1066

I wished I had thought to take a picture-we had this dessert- and it was so easy to make-
cupcakes- she made yellow cake mix, you could use any flavor though- lemon, chocolate- etc

then she had this little tool that cut out a piece of the middle- I don't know what it was that she used- but you could use a small round mellon ball-er or the middle of a donut cutter-

lift out the piece of cake you just cut out.

fill with some pudding (made from a box mix) she made pistachio, chocolate, and lemon all with the yellow cake. What I liked about it is it wasn't overly sweet and no frosting (which I don't like. My favorite was the lemon, but I thought I'd like the chocolate the most.

I'll edit this later if I find out the name of the tool. People thought it was odd but they all ate them. You could even use some cool -whip topping/frosting instead of pudding too.

Joined: 12/05/11
Posts: 1
3D cake tutorial

Hello to everyone I'm new here. :eek:

I have made my first 3D Lightning Mq Queen cake tutorial - it's a video tutorial. :openarms:

My friend asked me if I could make 3D cake like this. Secret

I hope that this tutorial will help every mum and dad and make their kids happy and surpriesed. Love to all of you.:party:

Sorry 4 my english I'm from Croatia.

Here is the link to my video tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enPd4SwV6f0

Blum 3 :bdaycake: