does anyone have a good recipe along with some basic directions?!?!
*Tiffani* Wife to Greg. Mommy to Ethan and Chase
If you go to this link it'll bring you to wilton.com and this is a great recipe for marshmallow fondant - which is suppose to taste better than regular fondant - not sure if its what your looking for though.
DS Ryan 06/22/03; DD Amber 04/05/04; DS Jacob 12/09/08; Emma 11/30/09
At Michael's stores, you can buy premade rolled fondant in several colors by Wilton, if that is quicker for you, Wilton also makes fondant shape cutters, the small and med. circle one is versatile enough for any-occasion cake, and looks bakery-bought.
Here's a GREAT buttercream fondant recipe though, tastes exactly like buttercream frosting but it's the smoothness and abilities of fondant
* 1 cup light corn syrup
* 1 cup shortening (easiest to use a Crisco Solid Shortening Stick)
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
* 2 pounds confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)
1. In a large bowl, stir together the shortening and corn syrup. Mix in the salt and vanilla flavoring, then gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar until it is a stiff dough. If you are using a stand mixer, use the dough hook attachment. Otherwise, knead by hand. If the dough is sticky, knead in more confectioners' sugar until it is smooth. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
2. To use, roll out on a clean surface that has been dusted with confectioners' sugar until it is 1/8 inch thick or thinner if you can. Drape over frosted and chilled cakes and smooth the sides down, or cut into strips to make bows and other decorations.