1 can cream of mushroom soup -- Campbell's 98% FF
1 cup water
3/4 cup white rice, regular -- uncooked
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
-- my own addition 4 chicken breast halves -- skinned and boned
In 2-qt. shallow baking dish, mix soup, water, rice, paprika and pepper. Place chicken on rice mixture. Sprinkle with additional paprika and pepper. Cover. Bake at 375º for 45 minutes or until chicken and rice are done. For Creamier rice, increase water to 1 1/3 cups.
1 cup reduced fat Bisquick
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup egg substitute
2 cups frozen mixed veggies, thawed
2 cups cooked, chopped white chicken meat
2 cans Campbells fat free (Healthy Request)
Cream of Mushroom soup
Preheat oven to 400 º. Spray a casserole dish (at least 2 inches deep. I use an 8x8 pan) with Pam. Mix together veggies, chicken and soup. Pour into casserole dish. In another bowl, mix bisquick, milk, and egg. Pour over the top of chicken mixture in the casserole. Bake for about 30 min or until crust is golden.
Note: Try different types of mixed vegetables. I have tried Italian style, California style, oriental, etc.
6 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
1 pound ground round
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 8-oz cans tomato sauce -- no salt-added
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 12-oz carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese
1 8-oz carton fat-free sour cream
1/3 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese -- divided (3 oz)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook ground round and next 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain in a colander. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add tomato sauce, pepper, and salt.
3. Combine cottage cheese and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in meat mixture, noodles, and 1/3 cup cheddar cheese.
4. Spoon noodle mixture into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill casserole 8 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350º F.
6. Remove casserole from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake, covered, at 350 º for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings.
Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Starch. Per serving: Cal 288(24% from fat); Pro 27.2g; Fat 7.8g(sat 3.2f); Carb 25.8g; Fib 2g; Chol 65mg; Iron 3mg; Sod 400mg; Calc 174mg.
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/4 cup Pillsbury Best All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien with onions/pepper -- from two 24 oz. pkgs thawed, patted dry with paper towels
1 1/2 cups chopped 97% FF cooked ham -- (about 8 oz)
1 cup nonfat sour cream
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded reduced-fat Colby cheese
Heat oven to 400º F. Spray 13x9-inch (3 quart) baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In medium saucepan, combine milk, flour, salt and pepper; blend well. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until bubbly and thickened. In large bowl, combine potatoes, ham, sour cream, cooked sauce and 1 cup of the cheese; mix well. Spoon potato mixture into sprayed dish. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 400º F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
SERVINGS: 8 (1 cup each)
Each Serving: 230 calories, 6g fat (3g sat fat), 2g fiber
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon seeded jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
10 ounces extra-lean ground beef, 10% or less fat
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 cups canned plum tomatoes with juice, chopped
16 ounces cooked pinto or kidney beans, rinsed, drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
1/4 cup chopped red onion
Chopped fresh cilantro
1. In large saucepan, heat oil; add onions, carrot, celery, bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 15 minutes.
2. Add beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon; saut'e until no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and coriander, cook and stir 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes, beans, salt and pepper; reduce heat to low and simmer gently, partially covered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro before serving. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon each of sour cream, red onion and come cilantro.
2 T. all purpose flour
1/4 t. salt
freshly ground pepper
1/3 C. plain dried bread crumbs
1/4 C. fat-free egg substitute
2 large (8-ounce) onions, peeled, sliced 1/4
inch thick, and separated into double rings.
Per the recipe in the WW magazine:
1 serving (1Cup):95 cal, 1g fat, 0g sat fat, 0mg chol, 245mg sod. 19g carb, 3g fib, 4g prot, 47mg calc = Points: 1
8 oz skim milk (or Yoohoo Lite for chocolate)
2T fat-free sugar-free pudding mix powder
3T fat-free Cool Whip
2-4 t vanilla
8 ice cubes
Put this in the blender until mixed well and ice is crushed. The whole thing is worth 2 points! Play around with different things... for example, use vanilla pudding and put in a banana (add another point) and have a banana shake. Or put in pineapples or strawberries!
You could also put in a couple of reduced-fat oreos and chocolate pudding! Just don't forget to add the points.