A tomato and mozzerella pasta salad recipe. I had some years ago, and I have never been able to find someone who can tell me what the base of it is. Its been driving me crazy. Thank you to all if you can help me!!!!
I just had some delicious tomato & mozarella salad from a deli here in NY the other day. I've never made it but from what I could taste, there was olive oil, basil, minced garlic, and vinegar (don't know what kind though, balsalmic would probably be nice).
Honestly, when I make pasta salad at home, I just use Athena brand Feta Cheese dressing. I buy it at our local grocery store and DH has told me that it tastes just like those deli pasta salads.
Original recipe yield: 6 servings
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 40 Min
* 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 bunch green onions, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
* salt and pepper to taste
* 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 4 ounces fresh basil
* 12 large black olives, halved
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water as directed on package, until just tender. Drain, and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan. Add green onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 or 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook for 2 minutes. Add pasta, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat to warm through. Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Coarsely tear basil leaves in halves or thirds; add to pasta with olives, and serve immediately.