I went to see my doctor. I am now 50% effaced, but still closed. So she thinks the pain I was having last night was contractions, but that it is just my body starting to prepare. Being twins and a first time mom, I could go next week or in four weeks. We finally picked a concrete date to induce - March 7 (bummer! later than initially planned), but at least I have an end in sight. She did say that it is "very likely" I will not make it to March 7th. I would love to make it to February 25 (36.5 weeks)... that would be ideal for me at least. I can't take much more than that (19 days!).
On another note, Baby B turned breech (stubborn girl) in the last week. She says that she is still comfortable trying vaginal with breech extraction of Baby B (particularly given she's 1\2 lb smaller). DH now wants to a C-section b\c he's worried about Baby B and me with breech position. Any advice on what I should do?!
I'm to weekly appointments now, so I'll keep you updated.
Hope those babies stay in just a bit longer for you!
As to the babies... I had baby A head down and baby B transverse and my doc was okay with a vaginal delivery.. but I had a previous c/s and therefore could not be induced (and my first my water broke, but no contractions so I needed pitocin) so I did not know if I would go on my own. After 8 weeks of bedrest and 4 of them in the hospital, the doc and I decided a c/s was the best route, esp since I was 4cm dilated and 100% effaced for 5wks and a 30min drive from the hosp, we figured most controlled environment was best....
as to your decision.. I would do your research and see.. maybe post on the parents of twins board.... see if anyone has had your same experience? You still have time to decide...
Rachel, momma to 4
dd 9, ds 7, twin boys Dec 09
I nursed my twins for 2years and 2 weeks! A little sad to be all done now.
Brad was head down and kaylee was breech when I went in for delivery (she flip flop a lot). I'm big on vaginal because my c-section sucked, but had I known what was going to happen I would have choose to have a scheduled c-section because I completely missed Kaylees birth, as did DH. I had this feeling though that my birthing process was going to end up the way it did, mainly because Kaylee constantly moved. I knew once she got that space she would go transverse. I tried so hard but couldn't birth her. I'm not trying to scare you, just explaining what happened to me. Ultimately, if your doctor is ok and you feel good about it, go ahead and try for vaginal. Glad to hear the babes are doing great.
First off, Happy VDay!!!
Doctor says I'll likely make it * at least * one more week which would be basically "full term" for twins and hopefully avoid NICU. 80% effaced, but no dilation. However, Baby A has dropped into position and she could feel the head!
Will go ahead and induce anytime after March 5 at 37d4w (date keeps geting fluctuating) if not here yet. No signs of ore-eclampsia! Had GBS test today too! Next appt is Monday!
Yes and no - I have the stuff, but haven't done anything with it. Car seats are still in boxes, clothes are washed but in boxes in my hallway, only 4 bottles ready to go, etc. Cribs, bassinet and cradles are set up. Bouncers and swings are not. Bag isn't even packed!
I think I keep putting it off b\c I want something to do if this pregnancy lasts three more weeks. I think it's a mental thing - I'm worried if it's all sitting there ready to go, they'll never come!!! My goal is to complete it this weekend as they could honestly come any day (as you all know). My gut tells me I'm making it to March 5, however.
1 more week of work!!!! WAHOOOOOOOO - although lots to do before then (so I don't get fired when my partners realize it's not done yet haha).
PS Baby A has hiccups that are radiating into my rectum right now...anyone else ever had that? FEELS UBER WEIRD.