Back Pain

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
hopin2bpreggermeggers's picture
Joined: 02/22/10
Posts: 567
Back Pain

HELP!

What did you gals do when the back pain started getting to be bad?

I must admit - I have been very lucky in life and have been relatively thin (despite my PCOS!). So I'm only 24 weeks, but my back and ribs are starting to KILL me because they aren't used to the 11 extra lbs in front.

I need advice on how to make it through the day! Can you tell I'm a wuss??? HEHE.

Hope everyone is feeling fantastic. The time is flying by!:eek:

Joined: 04/24/11
Posts: 1253

You've on gained 11lbs? I think I was @ 24lbs at your point! My back pain was focused most by my shoulders because my boobs exploded! I remember by abour 28 weeks, I couldn't sit straight up, I had to lean a bit while sitting down because it hurt so much. Even driving I had to be lean. This is where you just ask Hubby to rub your back!

Joined: 01/25/02
Posts: 2023

The back pain gets worse. I was on bedrest by the time it got really bad... so that helped in some ways, was a pain in others. lol

Joined: 11/08/11
Posts: 7

Hey i would add its to bad to get a back pain..
its like the worst pain felt..

hopin2bpreggermeggers's picture
Joined: 02/22/10
Posts: 567

"krista83" wrote:

You've on gained 11lbs?

I up to 15.8 lbs now!!!!!

Joined: 04/24/11
Posts: 1253

"hopin2bpreggermeggers" wrote:

I up to 15.8 lbs now!!!!!

You're so lucky...by the end I gained 48lbs although giving birth I lost 30 of it and came home only 5lbs heavier. I had a ton amnio fluid though, they had to let it drain for a couple of minutes for both babies! Good job Mama, you'll have no problem losing the baby weight!

hopin2bpreggermeggers's picture
Joined: 02/22/10
Posts: 567

Wow, mad props to you for only coming home 5 lbs over!!! I have a feeling that I will blow up quickly in the next few weeks as my appetite is 1000000000000000% in overdrive. I eat constantly!!! I think the babies want their fat!! Smile

bamsmom's picture
Joined: 05/05/07
Posts: 1635

I didnt have much back pain, but my hips and pelvic got really bad!!!

Joined: 04/24/11
Posts: 1253

"hopin2bpreggermeggers" wrote:

I have a feeling that I will blow up quickly in the next few weeks as my appetite is 1000000000000000% in overdrive. I eat constantly!!! I think the babies want their fat!! Smile

I might actually slow down. Near the end I could hardly eat because my belly was so small. I'd be straving and could barely eat. You might find you gain more now then in the end. hows the back pain now?

hopin2bpreggermeggers's picture
Joined: 02/22/10
Posts: 567

Back pain is better. Now my scar tissue from my gallbladder removal two years ago is what is really bothering me. It's numb to the touch on the outside, but burning pain on the inside. Weird, eh?

I won't complain too much. I could have it much worse. Overall, I feel great! I do get worried about one of my girls though (Baby Dirol b\c I don't feel her as much. She has an anterior placenta, however, with an extra placental lip, so that may be why!

Do you remember when the movement got less b\c they started "running out of room"?

Joined: 04/24/11
Posts: 1253

"hopin2bpreggermeggers" wrote:

Do you remember when the movement got less b\c they started "running out of room"?

Kaylee never stopped moving, even up to delivery day (hence c-section!) but Brad I never felt much anyway only because she was on top of him. They said most of his leg kicks were being felt by her! We actually watched Kalyee at my 34 week u/s flip which was pretty neat, whereas Brad slept through most of his u/s! And its funny, the way they were in the womb is exactly how they are out, Brad is calm and loves to sleep, Kaylee is a little louder and never naps as long as he does. So I guess the answer to your guestion is I'm not sure...Kaylee never stopped and Brad never started!

hopin2bpreggermeggers's picture
Joined: 02/22/10
Posts: 567

Maybe that's how my girls will be as well....

One will be mellow like her father and the other will be hyper, ADD and uber loud like her mother. Smile

Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 1703

Oh yay I can sign in again -- Chrome wasn't letting me.

I was gonna say ...

1. You should complain a lot because I did and this is all about not making me look like such a wuss! Smile
2. I lucked out with no sciatica during pregnancy but now my boyfriend and I both have sore backs from carrying outside babies.
3. I gained all my weight at the very end. I thought my appetote was out of control then but now I'm finding breastfeeding (even with supplementing) means crazu appetite continues.
4. Weight loss after birth is nuts!! I didn't lose that much in the first couple of days because I had insane fluid retention (seriously, my swollen ankles hurt FAR more than my front to back tear or my bleeding butt) but I lost more than 25 lbs so far with about 7 lbs to pre-pregnancy weight.

Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 1703

oh and one-handed typing while feeding = hard!

Joined: 04/24/11
Posts: 1253

"triplespiral" wrote:

Oh yay I can sign in again -- Chrome wasn't letting me.

I was gonna say ...

1. You should complain a lot because I did and this is all about not making me look like such a wuss! Smile
....
I thought my appetote was out of control then but now I'm finding breastfeeding (even with supplementing) means crazu appetite continues.
4. Weight loss after birth is nuts!! I didn't lose that much in the first couple of days because I had insane fluid retention (siously, my swollen ankles hurt FAR more than my front to back tear or my bleeding butt) but I lost more than 25 lbs so far with about 7 lbs to pre-pregnancy weight.

I complained constantly. After having the GREATEST pregnancy a person can ask for with DD1 I got hammered with pain and umcomfortableness from day one with the babies. Complain all you want, its your right...I was once told you are never truely pregnant until you are pregnant with multiples and that is so true.

So true...I eat more now then I did the last few months of my pregnancy. BF makes you so hungry, which I never had with DD1 although I only had one hanging off of me. It is definitely a lot of work BF twins.

BF definitely speeds up the weight loss. Right now I am 5 lbs under pre pregnancy. Greatest. Diet. Ever!

hopin2bpreggermeggers's picture
Joined: 02/22/10
Posts: 567

I may have to rethink the whole BF thing then... weight loss and appetite = awesomeness.

I have to update you all on this past weekend. I ended up in L&D on Friday. All is good with the babies, but tomorrow they're injecting my gallbladder removal scar with lidocaine to block the nerve. Every time the babies get near it, I think I'm getting stabbed from the inside out. OUCHY!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, if contractions are even 1\2 that bad, I'm screwed....

Sheila! Glad you're back on!! We've missed you. Update us on the LOs!

Joined: 04/09/06
Posts: 1244

Try some modified yoga positions to stretch your leg and back muscles. That should help some. It really is carrying twins after they are born that damages all body parts, I swear. Those infant carriers are the devil!! I still have the issues with my left butt muscle. It is not the glute, but a small muscle. It was aggravated during the c-sec delivery and then trying to balance two babies in my lap has caused extreme discomfort. I have to stretch it a lot and use the heating pad. I pray it goes away once the kids are older and I don't have to carry them around or have them sit two at a time in my lap.

Yes, breastfeeding will help the weight loss a lot. I did bf my DS and was in pre-preg jeans within a week and lost all my baby gain and more within a month. With the girls, who I did not bf, I am still battling the last 5 pounds, and I was working out a lot. I am in a slight downturn with my workouts because of our family schedule, but I am hoping to get back up there soon.

Log in or register to post comments