LOL This morning while at work I was in the bathroom and i looked in the full-length mirror and I said to myself "Dang, I look good!" LOL.... I don't mean this in a narcissistic way... it's just that I've lost so much weight (a total of 22 pounds since January) that it's awesome to see the physical changes. (well no wonder why my husband can't keep his hands off of me!) I just had a 'feel good' moment and wanted to share... hope you don't mind! I haven't weighed this much since freshman year of college! 13 more pounds to go until my ideal goal weight!
I keep forgetting to change my weight ticker.....
YAY!!! Good for you Linda!!! now share your secret.
Ok.. well this is what has worked for me.
1. I joined Weight Watchers at the end of January but I don't follow their point system (I have way too much going on to keep track of everything.. but I have used their recipes and calorie counter to get an idea of how much points different things are. I probably should stop paying for it since I'm not using it...
2. Increased my fiber intake.
3. Drink water! I try to stay away from soda and juice, but I do allow myself to have a small glass here and there.
4. I've switched from beef to turkey. I now buy ground turkey, turkey sausage, turkey burgers, turkey bacon instead of the beef products (the turkey has much less fat!!)
5. I have little snacks in between meals (a cheese stick, granola bar, crackers, or fruit)
6. Try to take a walk when the weather cooperates (Pushing 2 kids in a stroller gives me more resistance so I enjoy it when I can do it).
7. I try to buy mostly everything either low cal or fat free.
8. I love me some 100 calorie packs!!
9. Oh yeah... I almost forgot... i'm also breastfeeding as well.
Basically I have started eating a much healthier dieter (and smaller portions) and trying to walk. So the ole saying "diet and exercise" is the key to my weight loss.