So I wanted to finish off the paper that came with the kit my sister gave me (Christmas 2008 - I didn't even open it until Trina's procrastination challenge in the VC). I can't seem to use most of the embellishments, the sayings just don't work for me. Ugh. But I thought if I used the paper on the 8x10 pictures, I'd make some progress on that stack to be done. So without further ado, here are the layouts I did today and yesterday.
I did a photo shoot on Mother's Day 2008 ... DH was on his first trip to the Middle East, I was very pregnant with Jack. Soon after I took these photos, it started raining and we had to RUN home (as I tucked my almost new camera baby under my shirt). I won't forget that day ever. Later, we went out for ice cream in the pouring rain, as my Mother's Day treat. I wonder if I ever did a layout about it .. I feel like I did. Anyhow, here are two of the pictures from that shoot - they were framed on our mantel for the longest time! I have two more of Andrew (one was on the mantel, one in my room (because I just loved it so much!)).
Natalie - the photo is matted with vellum but I accidentally trimmed more than I meant to off the sides, so the mat is very thin.
Jordan - don't look now, but I actually wrote something by hand on this one! (I really detest my handwriting)
Jack at 11 months - notice how I cut the letters with the lines vertical to contrast with the horizontal lines on the page
And since someone asked recently, here's the gutted backside ... just cut a piece big enough to cut out the letters to use for the title. The brown strip is because I accidentally put my adhesive down the center of the photo, forgetting about the hole in the background paper.
Jack at 15 months - I spent FOREVER in AC Moore yesterday trying to find the right paper to mat this with. No luck, but I went with a silver gray that was close to one of the flower colors. Then I decided on a whim to double mat with the green ... and that let to me using the same papers for the title.
thanks for looking!