I posted this on the digital board.. but I wanted to get your thoughts on these as well....
I'm still learning to use photoshop elements... so i've been playing around with birth announcements the past couple of days. The pictures really suck, i know (grandma took them!) so i did the best i could with them... i do need to tell her to at least be at eye level when she takes them. I had to crop every one of them to be able to use them... she definetly does not have an eye for photography!! Anyways.. i'm hoping she'll send along some more so my SIL can actually use one of these if she wants to.
I made 6 of them... some I like better than others and are not perfect by any means.. I'm sharing with you all to see if you have any suggestions on them. (I showed my hubby and he didn't have 1 good thing to say about any of them! - piss me off - i'd like to see him try to do it!!!)
So.. give it to me ladies. I'm opening myself up.. (be gentle though.. )
Custom birth announcements made by me! Check out my Etsy store
Those are really good! My fave is the 4th one, because I love the quote and colors.
Kayson 10-9-06 & Cohen 02-08-10
Ok, I am taking this to mean you want suggestions on all of them, if that isn't what you were looking for, than just ignore me!
1. I love the colors and the lo! It is very cute. My suggestions would to try to make the blue font and border come closer to matching the blue at the bottom. And then either move the smaller pictures down some to better display the bigger pic, or move them up a little to make it all blend together.
2. Something looks off to me, but I can't figure out what. The only thing I notice is the pictures down at the bottom don't line up right, but that is an easy fix.
3. I don't like the black, but it does coordinate really well with the shirt in the pic. Also, I would make the 2 bottom outside pics the same size if possible, so they match.
4. Really cute! I like it the way it is. But some edges in the middle look like they need to be lined up.
5. This one is really cute as well, I have no suggestions on it.
6. I love the brown and the green together! The pictures need to be lined up a little better, and the photo corners look to be different sizes, I would try to match them up.
Overall #4 is my favorite though, very cute!!
okay, I'm delirious and should be sleeping so I will only comment on my favorite one, the 4th. I think you need to play with the font sizes of his name. his last name just isn't in proportion with the first and middle. I like how you used different fonts though, you just need to play with the sizes. It's a great announcement!
And what a big baby!!!
Gwen, Mommy to Andrew, Jordan, Natalie & Jack
My blog - all things family, photography and crafty
I agree with PP that #4 is the best. I think you did a great job on all of them girl.
Married to my best friend 10-16-1993
DS #1 08-16-1999