I made Mother's day cards last night for my mom, Dh's mom, and my grandmother.
Oh my gosh! Those are gorgeous!! What cart(s) did you use?
These look great!
oh my goodness those are adorable!!! LOVE THEM!!
The sunflowers are my favorite though I appreciate the work that went into the first one. Absolutely stunning!
what a cute idea! i love WIMG...in fact I used the hydrangea cut for my grandma's cards...but nothing as spectacular as yours. Gorgeous!
Those are lovely!! Can you please post a tutorial on how you made these??
Kelly, those are so cool! Puts my cards to shame!!!!!! LOVE THEM!
Hmmm... I will have to make another and snap pics as I go. I saw one a while back on the cricut board but wasn't sure how to make one. I STUMBLED around last night & figured it out. Here's what I did.
1. cut 2 flower pots using the shadow key (I flipped one on my gypsy but if you don't have one and you are using patterned paper just flip the paper)
2. use adhesive runner to put glue right along the edge of the sides and bottoms of pots
3. measure the width of the narrow end of the pot. That's how wide you want to make the insert that slides between the pots. I cut it 1/4 inch smaller than the width.
4. Glue one row of flowers directly to the top of the pot. I measured the flowers so I fit 3 on the bottom.
5. Next, I put the cardstock in the pot so I could see how tall I needed it to be once I did the top row of flowers so you wouldn't see the cardstock over the flowers, then I trimmed the paper some.
6. Glue the top row of flowers onto the cardstock slider and your done!
I inked, embossed, used ribbons and bling to cutesy them up. The round flowers did seem to turn out better than the purple ones b/c they fill in the spaces nicely. Oh, and I used pop dots to make them stand out at different depths.
HTH! I can snap pics next time if that was clear as mud.
Wowwee!! Those are amazing! It took me a minute to figure out that the card part was pulling out of the top. How cool! HOw big are they? Just wondering if you put them in an envelope or not. TFS, they are so cool!
These are gorgeous and you have totally helped me figure out what I am getting with my Mother's Day gift card, A Cuttlebug! TFS!
WOW! This would have taken me FOREVER! Great job! Love the sunflowers!
Do you have an account on the Cricut messageboards? You need to post these there! I've NO doubt they'd make the Cricut Chirp!!!!!!!!! My jaw dropped when I saw these!!!!!!!!!!! They are amazing!!!