Do you think it would look ok to have both in the same book? Anyone done this?
You girls have really tempted me to try digital. No stuff to pull out and then put away... and I am on the computer whenever I'm pumping... and I do have photoshop... I could just pick some pictures from my files and scrap something when I feel the need to.
BUT I do have a ton of paper supplies calling my name that I will want to use when I do have the time/space... especially stuff I bought for specific purposes (wedding, honeymoon, baby, etc...)
So, what do you think.... if i do a few digi LO's of random pictures for, say Robby's 1st year album... and then the rest of the book is paper scrapped? OR, what if i fall in love with digital scrapping and most of it is digi and there are a few paper LO's thrown in here and there (so that i use the stuff I bought).....? LOL!
Or should I do a digi book and a separate paper book?
Walt's 1st year scrapbook started out as paper - and then I switched to digital and fell in love. So the first 5 pages or so are paper and the rest is digital. I think it looks fine! I think it is especially useful because I have shower invitations and hospital bracelets and stuff like that in his book too so those would have been paper pages no matter what!
I think that's totally up to you. I bet both would be cute! I know a Shelly (momandteacher) does hybrid scrapbooking and that's a cool idea.
Kayson 10-9-06 & Cohen 02-08-10
I've thought about this myself... hybrid scrapping sounds interesting. I have this idea of a page that is mostly on the computer, but then adding buttons or ribbons to it once it's printed
Mine are mixed. I print them 8x10 and adhere them centered on a piece of matching cardstock and put them in the book right beside paper pages. They look great and sometimes you the to touch them to know if its digital or not.
I mix mine all of the time. I'd say 90% of my layouts are paper, the other 10% digital. I haven't done any hybrid. I only started this last year, so there aren't any digital pages in my books prior to 2007. I've done about 5-6 pages paper so far for 2008, and two digital.
Gwen, Mommy to Andrew, Jordan, Natalie & Jack
My blog - all things family, photography and crafty
Thanks! I will have to play as I have time this week.
I'll post when i finish one.