Who else could I turn to?
I am wanting to do something creative for gifts. I would like to maybe try coaster albums or paper bag albums. Does anyone have step by step directions for these, or links? I am wanting to do something special for Mother's Day and birthdays. We are also doing a Mother's Day banquet at my church, and I would like to make something to give away! Thanks ladies!
Just to give you some ideas.....I found a lot of scrap your own products at oriental trading co.....I plan to order some things in the future to do for gifts....otherwise, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say coaster and paper bag albums. LOL
I'm still in funk mode, so no new ideas from me. But I wanted to do a paperbag album with the kids so I googled it
Gwen, Mommy to Andrew, Jordan, Natalie & Jack
My blog - all things family, photography and crafty
I was looking through the gallery at SSS and found this altered bandaid box. http://www.susansscrapbookshack2.com...eq=si&img=3347
There are lots of cute altered items on there!
Kayson 10-9-06 & Cohen 02-08-10
So Sadie I saw your post and it reminded me that i wanted to do some coaster albums... i remembered someone posting some steps of how they did them so i searched the site and found the following....
1st mommy24/7 posted this: I came across a ton of coasters a few weeks back at a flea market type place. I just got cordinating patterned paper and traced with the coaster, cut out, adhered the paper to the coaster, sanded and inked the edges, used my cropadile to add eyelets, added a ring, then I went back and added embellishments and then the ribbon on the ring. Its easy to make, sanding the edges is time consuming but well worth it. Total it took about 2-3 hours to make. It's easy until it comes time to pick embellishments to add.
Then another website http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/...&seed_id=21441 had these step by step instructions
Imagination Project Cotton Art Tape, Chipboard Coasters, and Chipboard Photo Corners
American Crafts Ribbon
Bazzill Silk Flowers
Autumn Leaves Foofala Buttons
white and black journaling pens
needle and embroidery floss
1. To begin, print out all your photos in a 2-inch square. This will ensure they fit nicely on the chipboard coasters.
2. Next, simply punch out the coasters and adhere the photos to the backs, trimming edges with sharp tipped scissors.
3. When glue is dry, distress edges with a small piece of sandpaper.
4. Embellish pages with additional distressed chipboard photo corners and journaling bits.
5. Punch two small rectangle shaped holes on the sides of each "page", stack "pages", and thread ribbon through holes then tie (in square knots.)
6. Loop fabric tab over knots in ribbon to hold together.
7. Fold silk flowers in half and, placing on opposite sides of fabric tab (as shown), stitch in place with some brown embroidery floss. (Or, you can just staple them. )
8. Finally, stitch brown buttons onto the flower "centers" through the tab, and you're done!
You may want to alter the 2nd instructions a little but this is all I could find at the moment.... after Easter I'm going to try and search more.
You could make some vinyl wall letters for your moms with your new Cricut!!
Thanks for all the ideas ladies!
I made a paper bag album since I had everything sitting in the house to make it! I like how it turned out. I used boyish colors, so I still don't know what I am going to do with it!
I am going to look for coasters to make one later.
I want to make a butterfly frame like you did Ash. I am looking for a couple of cheaper punches to do some. I would LOVE a cowboy boot one! Off to hunt for one!