How is everyone. I want this board to rock again. I miss everyone and I miss all the layouts and craftiness.
Let's share and get everyone chatting again. How about, tell us 5 things about your current life, craftiness, family.. whatever.. just talk. I'll start but I'll have my feelings hurt if I end up talking to myself LOL
1. Jamie has been in speech therapy for about 6 months and the therapist is suggesting we start him in 4k in August instead of waiting until he is 5. I am sad. I didn't really want him to go to 4k, but I don't want him to stay behind in his language skills. I just am not ready to have him gone for the day.
2. I bought a Kindle in February and I want one http://www.etsy.com/listing/68186540/kindle-3-sleeve-3rd-generation-e-reader?ref=sr_gallery_21&ga_search_query=kindle3&ga_page=9&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade for it but I can't sew for anything, so I am talking my dh into making it for me. hahahahah
3. We are having another baby. ( that may be cheating since I already posted that )
4. I think I have decided that when all of my kids start school I am going to go as well. I want to become a lactation consultant. I am still thinking it over though.
5. I am obsessed with yo crunch cheesecake yogurt. It is 100 calories and so so good.
1. I feel like I'm way behind on everything I want to get done before birth day: nursery, catch up on scrapping, organizing.... I did get my 2010 scrapbook done though (and printed!). I am woring on Nov of 2007, so just that and Dec 07 to go before that year is about ready. Then I have the last 3 months of 2006 to do.
2. DH is falling apart physically. It is getting kind of stressful since he is our main income and he has a physical job. His back hurts but more importantly something is going on with his leg, it is getting complicated. VA has refered him to a new department and still waiting on that, but it is getting worse. The frustrating part is that we were just looking into disability insurance when all of this happened so we could be up a creek....
3. I'm excited for my baby shower. I love showers in general anyway and being the center of attention doesn't hurt my feelings either Wish it was sooner, not until the end of May.
4. All taxes are done and filed for the year. I file ours, my grandma's and my best friend's each year so it is nice when it is all done. The tax refund was nice too, although it mostly goes to property taxes
5. My nieces turn 2 next week. I wish they lived coser, but I did get them presents this week. I decided on a bunch of no-mess art stuff. My favorite is Water Wow tablets (wonderful!), plus I got a bunch of color wonder stuff including the paints. I originally planed to sew them dresses (even bought the material months ago) but I just don't have the energy/time lately.
Oh, and a bonus random fact is that my computer keypad is driving me nuts. My "k" key keeps sticking and I think my "L" might be sticking now as well.
1. Jack has been off his feeding tube since the end of January, so we will find out at the end of this month if he can have it removed completely! And that will be the end of the ailments he was born with.
2. We are having some severe sleep issues over here. Jack's best nights are when he sleeps continuously for two hours at a time...ick. Any suggestions?
3. I got my teaching license a couple months ago, so now I am trying to fill out applications. We are hoping I get a job in MO so that we can move back home.
4. I really want to learn some new scrapping techniques. And I want to do one of the pocket albums that look like more traditional photo albums, only scrapped. And I want to learn how to use scrapping to make my house look good instead of like goodwill threw up on my walls.
5. I bought a jogging stroller so I can't wait til it warms up enough to take Jack out. I have lost about 21 lbs in the last 6 months and I want to keep it going!
1. I am in throws of panic as I am trying to put together some birthday parties for the boys. I seriously thought about just not doing anything because I've been in a funk for a couple of months but in the end, I just couldn't not throw them the parties I always have. It's still really hard for me to deal with because friends and family are so far away. I've got a monsters theme going this weekend for Alex (2) and TJ's is at the beginning of May and, of course, is going with Toy Story.
2. I have seriously considered paring down my scrapping supplies. I am setting myself on a mission that if I don't use it in the next few months, it needs to be packed up for a little while. I am finding myself overwhelmed with all the "plans" I have and never having both the time and energy to do it.
3. I am currently obsessed with the DIY-crafty-mom-home blogs. I really enjoy changing things up in the house. I just changed the bedroom linens in our master using older curtains and sheets and clearance comforter. I was amazed at how happy the change made me. We went from a maroon/gold damask to ice blue and ivory. It's inspiring me to declutter the other rooms in the house and rearrange my favorite pieces. It's silly but it's keeping me busy since MN is still cold.
4. I lost 17 lbs toward the end of last year. I've hit my funk in January and after the past couple of weeks on steroids, I think I've gained 5 lb. back. Not happy with that idea so I think I will get back on the right track and start being healthier again. I find FB is definitely keeping me accountable. LOL
5. I have given myself a December 2011 deadline to decide once and for all if we are gonna have a 3rd child. I hope to be in a better place by then and I think the choice will be clearer. At least I really hope so. I would like peace with this decision.
1. I LOST 8lbs in 3 weeks!!!!! I joined sparkpeople.com. It is like a weight watchers but free. I kept losing and gaining the same 3 lbs so I thought I would join. Who knew if I just ate right and worked out a bit that I could really do it!!! The first 4 days I was starving and not losing anything and then all of a sudden I felt full and started losng the weight.
LOL- DH JUST CAME IN HERE AND WAS LIKE TAKE IT EASY ON THAT KEYBOARD IT DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO YOU. I AM JUST SO EXCITED ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT THAT I GUESS I WAS TYPING REALLY LOUD AND FAST LOL.
2. We signed Tyson up with Duke rufus mma. For anyone who watches UFC, Duke Rufus is Anthony pettis trainer. It was a hard choice since he has epilepsy but I want him to do what any other kid can do. This is the first activity I have ever put him in so he is excited.
3. I am making a type case drawer full of photography... pics to come
4. Jazz started modeling again. We took a break when Cain was born but Kohl's just called for headshots of her for the back to school ads so I hope she gets it.
5.I am Happy! I know that sounds funny. I have always been an upbeat happy person but I am just really happy and loving life. I think it has a lot to do with not having money issues anymore. And dh and I have been going out more often. I know money does not buy happiness but it sure brings down the stress level. Miss U all
1) We are expecting again! I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic...but it's hard after a miscarriage. I'm due December 7th. So far I'm feeling good - morning sickness has always hit me in the 6th week though so I'm sure it's not too far behind!
2) Miles is talking like crazy! He is so fun right now. It's finally starting to get nice here so hopefully we can start to get outside more.
3) I haven't been working too much. Haven't been doing much of anything actually, except sitting on my butt taking it easy. I have a good excuse, right? I only work 1.5 days a week, not even a full 8 hour shift, so it's been easy to not work that.
4) I have been scrapbooking a little bit. Maybe I can get caught up on Miles' album before the baby comes? Yeah, right...!
5) We have a lot of changes to make soon. Like, moving Miles out of his crib would be a good start. LOL! New room for Miles, potty training. I think we'll wait just a bit yet.
So good to hear from everybody really!!
1. The last few years have brought radical changes for our family, all due to finally giving our lives completely over to God. The changes I have seen have been nothing short of God's miraculous hand, I kid you not. It's so awesome!!!
2. We are following God's call on our heart to help orphans and are going to start foster care classes soon. Not exactly what we hoped He'd have for us, but what we feel He wants. Scary but exciting to be walking with God in this way.
3. Trying to scrap when I can, but really don't have a lot of time for it. Sad but life.
4. Been helping a friend out babysitting her daughter during the week. Her and her husband are separated and he moved out of town. So now I watch their five year old daughter for them during the week all day. She has blessed me in so many ways.
5. Enjoying every minute homeschooling my children and watching them grow. Life is awesome!!
Last edited by coolmama72; 04-03-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Married to my best friend 10-16-1993
DS #1 08-16-1999
Wow. So happy to see some updates!!!
Angie & Ash- THRILLED for you both!
Tia, Christine, & Nancy- YAY for the weight loss! I soo need to get my butt in gear.
Carrie- I sooooo understand the calling for fostering. It is something we know we will do, but we need to get financial stable. Bless you for doing God's work!
Stephanie- Baby showers are so much fun! I hope you enjoy yours!
1. Randall felt God calling him to the ministry for about the past year. He finally surrendered. We have NO CLUE where it will take us, but if God opens a door, we will come running through willing to serve!
2. Randy is almost PT'd!!! WOOHOO! He doesn't do as well for others as he does us, but I think he's getting it pretty good!
3. My baby girl starts Kindergarten in Aug...registration is Thursday.
4. I am FINALLY on FB! Would love to add some of you!!!
5. SB'ing is on the backburner. I still love to do it, but I think my blog has kind of replaced it. I am getting ready to make some posters for my Sunday school classroom, but other than that- I really only "scrap" for gifts and decorating the house. I do miss it, but I just don't have that much time anymore.....
Sadie- mommy to Ruthie & Randy