WWYD? CustomCrops.com shipping

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
BabiesRBlessings's picture
Joined: 10/24/13
Posts: 1106
WWYD? CustomCrops.com shipping

I ordered a lot of crafting supplies from Custom Crops. On the website it states "to receive your items by Christmas, use any type of shipping before Dec 16th" I purchased my order on Dec 13th. I ordered so much that I'm getting two packages, one will be here tomorrow. The other isn't supposed to be here until Dec 29th! It was shipped TODAY!!

I'm very irritated with this as part of my order is a Christmas gift. I plan on calling tomorrow, but I don't know what to say to them. I can't ask for a shipping refund as the shipping was free because i spent over a certain amount.

Princess Leia's picture
Joined: 10/29/07
Posts: 1075

Hmmm... that stinks. I would definatly call and inqure about it. Maybe they can give you free shipping next time or something. I know it stinks because you won't have your gift, but is it for someone that you will see again after Christmas or a relative far far away?

BabiesRBlessings's picture
Joined: 10/24/13
Posts: 1106

"Princess Leia" wrote:

Hmmm... that stinks. I would definatly call and inqure about it. Maybe they can give you free shipping next time or something. I know it stinks because you won't have your gift, but is it for someone that you will see again after Christmas or a relative far far away?

It's for a Christmas swap gift for another board I'm on. I didn't have the option of mailing it directly from them.

But that's not really the point. The point is that they said it would be here by a certain time, and it's not. It's almost like they forgot about it because I called them today for a shipping confirmation and they said they were sent on the 18th...well i go to the UPS website and it was shipped/billed today.

I don't know if I'll be ordering from them again.

sewgirly's picture
Joined: 01/01/06
Posts: 1496

They stink at processing and shipping stuff out quickly!!! I have ordered from them several times and it always takes forever. The girls on the cricut board fuss about them all the time too. They are just so cheap on certain things. That is the only reason I use them.

And to hi-jack your post for a momento... Oh My Crafts is even worse then them. I ordered a Bind it All machine that shipped today after several e-mails and calls. I ordered it on NOVEMBER 7th. DH was getting it for my b'day on Nov. 25th. It says its arriving on the 29th so I don't even get it for Christmas. Again cheap prices but bad customer service!

It may get there in time. I think I remember ordering once and the tracking being one date and it arrived before then. Good luck

tialee's picture
Joined: 10/29/07
Posts: 2779

I have had tracking be off a few times. Maybe you will get lucky and it will be wrong??? GL

Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

I had problems with them last Christmas but they are so cheap. This year I had great luck with their Customer Service phone number on an issue that was my own fault.

wiltedrose314's picture
Joined: 07/24/07
Posts: 1500

that is pretty ridiculous that you are getting one package before christmas and the other after. i would call and atleast speak to someone about it. ask them what happend. maybe something was back ordered?

BabiesRBlessings's picture
Joined: 10/24/13
Posts: 1106

"wiltedrose314" wrote:

that is pretty ridiculous that you are getting one package before christmas and the other after. i would call and atleast speak to someone about it. ask them what happend. maybe something was back ordered?

Nothing was backordered when I ordered it. Everything said in stock. What irritates me is that they have it advertised on their website that if you order before dec 16th, you will get your items before Christmas. and I'm not. AND i ordered on the 13th and it shipped the 21st!

I'm calling today and asking for compensation of their tardiness.

BabiesRBlessings's picture
Joined: 10/24/13
Posts: 1106

OK, so I e-mailed them. i called this morning at 10am (1pm their time) and it stated that the office was closed but that their hours were 9am-4pm.

this is what the e-mail said, what do you think?

I'm e-mailing about this shipment:

Shipment Date: 12/18/2009
Tracking Number: 1ZX20A550310325245
Shipment Method: UPS Ground


I have heard great things about your company, so I decided to order a few gifts for a friend. I'm concerned about the shipment above as, in the e-mail it states that it was shipped Dec 18th; on the UPS website it says that it was shipped/billed on Dec 21st and will have a ship date of Dec 29th. On your website it clearly states that orders made before Dec 16th will arrive BEFORE Christmas day. I purchased my order on Dec 13th, plenty of time for the items to arrive before Christmas.
Furthermore, I had to call and get the shipping confirmation e-mail sent to me. The last e-mail I received was the payment confirmation. I called yesterday for the status of my order and that is when they sent me the shipping confirmation e-mail.
I'm very disapointed that my friend will not receive her gift from me on Christmas day and I would like to be compensated for the tardiness.
I tried calling today at 10:40 pacific time and the message stated that your office was closed and had hours from 9am-4pm, even though I believe it would have been at the most 1:40pm in IL when I called.
I do expect prompt attention to this situation.

Cherrykitten's picture
Joined: 07/03/08
Posts: 700

Great email! I would have done the same thing. Especially if the website said specifically that it would get there before christmas. And I would let them know that if you aren't compensated for your troubles that you won't use them ever again and that you will let everyone in your very LARGE scrapbook circle how horrible their customer service is Smile

BabiesRBlessings's picture
Joined: 10/24/13
Posts: 1106

"Cherrykitten" wrote:

Great email! I would have done the same thing. Especially if the website said specifically that it would get there before christmas. And I would let them know that if you aren't compensated for your troubles that you won't use them ever again and that you will let everyone in your very LARGE scrapbook circle how horrible their customer service is Smile

hehe i was already thinking that!

LMCH's picture
Joined: 02/05/07
Posts: 2031

I have had mixed exeperience with them. Like others said, their prices are so good, but I would say half the times I have ordered from them, it has been slow. Before my bday, I ordered a Jukebox, but it was backordered. I still ordered to get the good price. About a month went by, and I checked the site, and they had them listed as in stock...and I still didn't have mine (and it hadn't shipped). I emailed inquiring about it. Before customer service responded to me, I got a "your item has shipped" notification....a day later, customer service emails me "your item went out on X day" Yeah, you forgot about me, then shipped it after I complained???

On the other hand, sometimes they have been quick. it is hit or miss. I still order there since their prices are good.

coolmama72's picture
Joined: 10/20/01
Posts: 8185

ugh, that sucks. I'd be really pissed about it. I wonder what happened ... but whatever happened, there's no excuse for it taking so long to ship. did they reply yet?

BabiesRBlessings's picture
Joined: 10/24/13
Posts: 1106

"coolmama72" wrote:

ugh, that sucks. I'd be really pissed about it. I wonder what happened ... but whatever happened, there's no excuse for it taking so long to ship. did they reply yet?

They haven't responded. I did get my first shipment today and I noticed on the invoice that the item that shipped separately was marked back ordered (even though on the website it wasn't). Even if it was back ordered, I should have been notified. and that is the one item I ordered for my friend!

MommyCB's picture
Joined: 05/04/06
Posts: 7623

Oooh I'd be mad. I've had such problems lately with their shipping and Oh My Crafts. I just sent a VERY similar letter to Oh My Crafts. I was ordering some carts for my friend that always orders through me (she doesn't do the internet) and they took forever!! I pre-ordered them even, so I would be "one of the first to receive them". It took until AFTER they had them in stores for 2 weeks before I was even told they were shipping. That's AFTER I had called and emailed twice complaining. UGH. Sorry you are dealing with this. Sometimes the cost difference is just too frusterating to make a difference to me.

captainswife's picture
Joined: 11/25/07
Posts: 2687

oh I am ALL about complaints if necessary. Not just being cranky for no good reason or anything but if they are blatantly goign against the dates they stated I would definitely complain. Ask Wayne, I'm his go-to girl when he needs a complaint. I can't even tell you guys how many free things I have gotten just for "letting them know about the problem." LOL. Like I said, I don't just nag for the sake of nagging or anything...but I believe companies need to be held responsible if they do wrong, just as I expect to be held responsible if I do wrong. Whether it's intentional or not, it has inconvenienced you and they need to know about it in order to stop it from happening again and again.

BabiesRBlessings's picture
Joined: 10/24/13
Posts: 1106

"captainswife" wrote:

oh I am ALL about complaints if necessary. Not just being cranky for no good reason or anything but if they are blatantly goign against the dates they stated I would definitely complain. Ask Wayne, I'm his go-to girl when he needs a complaint. I can't even tell you guys how many free things I have gotten just for "letting them know about the problem." LOL. Like I said, I don't just nag for the sake of nagging or anything...but I believe companies need to be held responsible if they do wrong, just as I expect to be held responsible if I do wrong. Whether it's intentional or not, it has inconvenienced you and they need to know about it in order to stop it from happening again and again.

This is how I am too. I once got our entire check for free at IHOP because we sat next to the kitchen and i saw our plates sitting there for like 10 minutes and then when our waiter went to get it he stuck them in the microwave before bringing them out to us!!! We still ate it and we got a free meal!

Log in or register to post comments