Had to share...Simone's going home dress

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Disneykat's picture
Joined: 01/02/07
Posts: 486
Had to share...Simone's going home dress

I swore I was going to get this done earlier this week, and every night I felt like I made an excuse not to sit down, cut the fabric out and get it done.

Tonight I started with the mindset of "I'll just cut the fabric." That led to "I'll sew the bodice pieces and gather the skirt." After that I thought well, what the heck......and VOILA!!!! Simone has a going home dress!!!!

I got the fabric off etsy about a month ago. Fell in love with it immediately. This is the same pattern I used for Shayna's going home dress. I love it!!! I hope they won't be "mad" when they get older because I used the same pattern but different fabric Smile I can't WAIT to see her in it.

(Sorry these are so big)

cherylfhorn's picture
Joined: 08/24/08
Posts: 600

That is just too cute! I so wish I could sew like you.

Joined: 07/12/06
Posts: 831

very cute! Smile

BloomingRose's picture
Joined: 12/03/08
Posts: 992

Awww that's really cute! You're really talented, which I could be like that!!

Disneykat's picture
Joined: 01/02/07
Posts: 486

Listen girls. I can't cut fabric straight to save my life. If I can learn at age 34 to sew, ALL of you can learn how to sew like this......

bamsmom's picture
Joined: 05/05/07
Posts: 1635

"Disneykat" wrote:

Listen girls. I can't cut fabric straight to save my life. If I can learn at age 34 to sew, ALL of you can learn how to sew like this......

Thanks for the words of encouragement! LOL
I will say again it is beautiful~!!!!

Disneykat's picture
Joined: 01/02/07
Posts: 486

"bamsmom" wrote:

Thanks for the words of encouragement! LOL
I will say again it is beautiful~!!!!

i'm serious!!!! If you find the right instructor (an Erin, I know some in the area...just saying. Because we all know you will have SO MUCH free time to sew the girls entire wardrobes here in a few weeks lol) you can easily learn to sew. It isn't hard. Or not as hard as I initially thought it would be. Then again if you give me a Simplicity pattern I'll have more trouble with it than I would if I found a tutorial with pictures online.

Granted, I would probably sew more if my kids were bigger. Then I could challenge myself to do he really 'hard stuff" that i am too chicken to try.

I am going to be working on a lunch bag and some dog bandana's in the coming week, which means a trip to the fabric store today. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

zoe08's picture
Joined: 09/09/08
Posts: 665

That is so cute! Great job!

I really need to get to work on sewing my boppy covers and car seat canopy.

heatherliz2002's picture
Joined: 02/02/08
Posts: 2273

So cute! I love it!

bamsmom's picture
Joined: 05/05/07
Posts: 1635

"Disneykat" wrote:

i'm serious!!!! If you find the right instructor (an Erin, I know some in the area...just saying. Because we all know you will have SO MUCH free time to sew the girls entire wardrobes here in a few weeks lol) you can easily learn to sew. It isn't hard. Or not as hard as I initially thought it would be. Then again if you give me a Simplicity pattern I'll have more trouble with it than I would if I found a tutorial with pictures online.

Granted, I would probably sew more if my kids were bigger. Then I could challenge myself to do he really 'hard stuff" that i am too chicken to try.

I am going to be working on a lunch bag and some dog bandana's in the coming week, which means a trip to the fabric store today. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wink Well I would truly LOVE to sew and knit, but I always feel to intimidated to even try. Katie I may take you up on your offer at some point!

katielee83's picture
Joined: 11/13/08
Posts: 493

You are so talented - I can't wait to see Simone in it!!

Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

Awesome Katie! It's a beautiful dress!!

skylersmomma's picture
Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 927

awe tooooo cute!!! Smile

Joined: 04/24/11
Posts: 1253

very cute, your really talented

jonibug's picture
Joined: 11/27/06
Posts: 781

That is too cute! Can we see a pic of Shayna in her coming home outfit?

Disneykat's picture
Joined: 01/02/07
Posts: 486

"jonibug" wrote:

That is too cute! Can we see a pic of Shayna in her coming home outfit?

Ok, this is not the best picture, she did not want to cooperate AT ALL.

mandi04's picture
Joined: 08/10/03
Posts: 2272

I absolutely adore those dresses! Can't wait to see Simone in hers Biggrin

indianajones's picture
Joined: 01/21/07
Posts: 1486

Adorable! And it will be even more irresistable with a cute model showing it off!

ekcanada's picture
Joined: 05/06/09
Posts: 1707

It is beautiful! I love the fabric!

SuzyQ16's picture
Joined: 02/01/08
Posts: 879

**Lurker**

Cute dresses!! I love the fabric

nori_garsi's picture
Joined: 10/31/06
Posts: 2069

Aww, the dress is adorable.

lamonsgrl's picture
Joined: 09/18/04
Posts: 1023

That is adorable. What a talent you have!