ok moms, what do i still need?

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
LauraMae78's picture
Joined: 01/10/11
Posts: 969
ok moms, what do i still need?

So i am trying to figure out what else i will need to get before Kendra gets here.

I have:

All furniture i need/baby bedding/3 sheets
hamper
loads of onsies (NB and 0-3) bigger sizes too, but for now im worried about when she is born
bibs/hats/some socks (maybe 10 probably need more)
about 15 receiving blankets
3 burping pads but i figure i can use anything for this purpose
a ton of snuggle up blankets
diaper bag
one of those sets that include the clippers, medicine dropper etc
about 4 soft snuggle blankies

baby laundry detergent
1 tube of desitin
shampoo/lotion
vaseline ( i read tht vaseline is really good to use as a barrier between baby and diaper and is a very mild way to help protect against diaper rash. i will not make her sit in a dirty diaper, but some babies are more sensitive than others. any thoughts?)
wipes
Diapers (about how many NB's should i get?)
breast pump (we just got aPlaytex one as i cant figure out my plan for breast feeding when i got back to work and i have no idea how good my supply will. i didnt want to spend ALOT of money if it turns out i have a really good milk supply LOL

bouncer
carseat
playard
bather
Moniters

i am sure there is stuff i have that im not thinking of. Here is what i know i still need to get.

stroller (no rush though)
Changing pad and covers
i want af ew more o those open bottom sleepers (cant think of what they are called). ihave a few for bigger months, but not smaller months.

so, with all that said. what else do i need? what am i missing? what is not on this list that you guys think would be beneficial?

my carpet is scheduled to be installed in the nursery tomorrow and tomorrow nite im sure DH and i will be putting the furniture together. Yahoo god help LOWES if the guy doesnt show up, tht is all i have to say about that. lol

mandi04's picture
Joined: 08/10/03
Posts: 2272

I'd get more burp rags. You'd be surprised, even with a baby that doesn't spit up a lot you use them for everything and I definitely was using them a ton. I liked the Gerber flat cloth diapers (more than the prefold ones) for burp rags. Of course it's completely do-able to use other things but the burp rags/diapers are smaller than other things you'd use, which is nice especially when out of the house.
Another thing I'd get is a baby carrier of some sort. A sling, moby, or ergo type carrier (I don't reccomend the snugli type, I had one with DD1 and they really hurt your back). It's just nice sometimes to wear them around the house when the baby is fussy and doesn't want to be put down but you still have things to do and need your hands. I also use ours when we go places that are super busy and a stroller would get in the way.
That's about all I can think of. As far as the diapers, it just depends on how big she is. I don't go by the weights on the package, my kids have always been ready to size up before the weights on the package (and could fit into the size up diapers when they were still under the weight 'limit') So I never stocked up on the smaller sizes, I have liked the idea of buying gift cards for diapers so that you are still spreading out the cost but aren't overbuying a certain size.
If you have 10 pair of socks I would say that's about right, same with hats. Bibs, I don't use until baby is eating solids. I just keep a burp rag handy for any 'drool'.

lamonsgrl's picture
Joined: 09/18/04
Posts: 1023

Do you have other breastfeeding supplies?

Pads
creams
storage bags

Danifo's picture
Joined: 09/07/10
Posts: 1377

NBs use about 9-15 diapers a day.

Vasoline also works if you smear it on their bum as a preventative measure. NB poop is kind of like tar but with the vasoline layer, it comes off a lot easier.

I'm assuming you also have bottles& supplies for your breast pump.

Soother if you are going to use one. DD sucked her thumb from day 1 and totally rejected the soother. That seemed fine until now when we have a 3 year old who sucks her thumb. You can throw out a soother but their thumbs are attached :rolleyes:

More clothes I would wait on until you find what you like. I had friends that loved the gowns but I didn't. There were certain sleepers I had that I loved and others were just for when I hadn't done laundry recently enough!

I have about 5000 receiving blankets so I just used those. Babies spit up A LOT.

Depending on your lifestyle, you may want a carrier (bjorn, moby...) but that can wait.

Do you have stuff for you (pads, nipple creams, hemmroid wipes etc)?

LauraMae78's picture
Joined: 01/10/11
Posts: 969

see, THIS is why i lean on you ladies so much!

No i dont have a carrier, though i was considering a Moby wrap. Thanks for the reminder!

I do have bags for breast milk, but that is it. we are still trying to decide what type of bottles to get and as for creams, yep definately will need that! what other type of supplies do i need for the pump? hemmoroid stuff i still need, though i am hoping that a miracle happens and i wont have that problem ROFL

um, whats a soother!?

Danifo's picture
Joined: 09/07/10
Posts: 1377

"LauraMae78" wrote:

see, THIS is why i lean on you ladies so much!

No i dont have a carrier, though i was considering a Moby wrap. Thanks for the reminder!

I do have bags for breast milk, but that is it. we are still trying to decide what type of bottles to get and as for creams, yep definately will need that! what other type of supplies do i need for the pump? hemmoroid stuff i still need, though i am hoping that a miracle happens and i wont have that problem ROFL

um, whats a soother!?

I never had hemmroids but I do like the cream after because it feels nice..

I've always used soother = pacifier

jonibug's picture
Joined: 11/27/06
Posts: 781

I wouldn't rely just on blankets to swaddle the baby, dd was always able to escape it. I don't remember what we had, it was fleece and two separate pieces and said back is best on it and sold at BRU. But ive also heard good things about the woombie and the miracle blanket.

mandi04's picture
Joined: 08/10/03
Posts: 2272

Yeah, get the hemmoroid WIPES! I liked using them instead of toilet paper, they are soothing and after birth that whole area will be sore even without *that* problem Lol Get some colace/stool softener too. You'll be thankful for it that first week or so. AND while we're on the topic of mommy supplies, get some dermoplast with pain reliever and pads. I liked the Always overnights with wings, but I've heard good things about the Always Infinity pads too.
I actually have never bought lanolin. The hospital has given me a small tube each time and thankfully that's been all I've needed, a little goes a long way with that stuff. Nursing pads are a must, some women don't leak much, others leak a ton. I leak a ton, I prefered the Lansinoh disposable pads. I try to do washable stuff (I do cloth diapers) but I leaked through any cloth ones I tried unless they were super bulky.

As far as bottles, don't stock up right away. My kids have all been picky on bottles, I seriously have a closet full of them, all different brands. Personally I prefered the Playtex Nursers. You don't need many of the bottles, because you can stock up on nipples and just put a new liner and nipple on the bottle for a feeding rather than having to wash the whole bottle every time. Plus they sell a pretty inexpensive kit where you can pump right into the liners (and store the milk in the fridge/freezer in the liners). No matter what I'd go with a bottle you can get easily at stores close to you. BabysRUs sells a lot of fancy bottles but many of them you can *only* get there, what if you have to make an emergency night run to Walmart or something? Lol
I didn't really like using receiving blankets as burp rags, I would in a pinch but they are a lot bigger than the burp rags which when you are out is important to remember. I'd rather bring 2 extra burp rags than 2 extra receiving blankets.

mandi04's picture
Joined: 08/10/03
Posts: 2272

Joni makes a good point. Most of the receiving blankets in stores don't work well for swaddling. I got some aden and anais blankets this time, they are a lot bigger and stretchier than the normal ones. The price reflects it but I've heard they are well worth it. I have friends who swear by the Miracle blanket too, I have it on my list of things I want but we'll see. I'm hoping the A&A blankets will do the trick.

SoniaNoemi138's picture
Joined: 01/24/11
Posts: 569

I'm a first timer too so I don't know how much value my input will have. Other BTDT moms can let me know it I'm wrong. This thread is extremely helpful to us tho. What about bath supplies, bath towel and bath cloths/rags? The first thing I noticed was already mentioned, burp cloths. Definitely get more of those. Also don't forget about those all important mommy supplies already mentioned.

Thanks ladies!!

LizzyLaw06's picture
Joined: 05/20/07
Posts: 497

Aquaphor. I find it better than vaseline. Great for diaper rashes too. I assume you have bottles.
You will want more bibs once teething starts for drool.
If you breast feed and don't want to nurse in public then you want a cooler bag with the frozen inserts for bottles of breast milk when out.
If you formula feed those pre measured 4oz pouches were awesome when running errands. Take a bottle of water and add the pouch..clean and you don't have to lug the can of formula around all the time...we bf' ed and used the pouches when not home.
Have you thought about a basinette or in bed co sleeper?
Waterproof Crib mattress protector (x2) for when the diapers leak
When you get the carseat be sure to buy an extra base so you have one in your car and dh's car, just makes things easier.

I may think of more to add

zoe08's picture
Joined: 09/09/08
Posts: 665

You said you had lots of onsies...how about sleepers/gowns? I loved the gowns at night because it was so easy for diaper changes and DH really liked how easy they were for diaper changes. So when it was easy for him he helped more! Or I didn't have to go back and snap things or find pants because he left them off.

We also like the swaddlers, the one piece ones. I do have a back is best but it has the sleeper sack and then you have to put the arm wrap on it, and we liked the ones that were all one piece.

Do you have sheets for the playard?

I like to keep in the diaper bag a stash of the individually wrapped wet ones (antibacterial) and some disposable changing pads. We rarely had to change DS in public restrooms, but the few times where I had to, I would wipe down the changing stations and then use the disposable changing pad so I could throw it away.

How about a nursing pillow like a boppy and covers?

A nursing cover if you are planning to nurse?

I would have a couple of small different kinds of bottles on hand, but don't buy any sets because it tooks us several kinds to find a bottle that DS could use.

Oh and take the nose bulb from the hospital! It is hard to find a nose bulb that will work as well as the one from the hospital. Take absolutely everything from the hospital that is provided for baby and for you.

Nell4Him's picture
Joined: 10/25/06
Posts: 2455

I just have one quick thing to add about bottles (gotta get myself ready for church)...

If you are breastfeeding, you'll want to buy bottles that have nipples shaped like yours. Mine are HUGE, so I buy the FAT nipples. I also by bottles called "Breast Flow" cause they act more like how your breast works. You don't want to have nipple confusion (where baby assumes your breast will act like the bottle and baby becomes a "lazy sucker"). Nipple confusion can cause you a lot of pain, literally.

LauraMae78's picture
Joined: 01/10/11
Posts: 969

"Danifo" wrote:

I never had hemmroids but I do like the cream after because it feels nice..

I've always used soother = pacifier

LOL oh ok. we are going to TRY to do this without a pacifier. i see alot of mom struggling to wein their toddlers off of them. we will see how long that lasts, going without a pacifier that is. Smile

LauraMae78's picture
Joined: 01/10/11
Posts: 969

"SoniaNoemi138" wrote:

I'm a first timer too so I don't know how much value my input will have. Other BTDT moms can let me know it I'm wrong. This thread is extremely helpful to us tho. What about bath supplies, bath towel and bath cloths/rags? The first thing I noticed was already mentioned, burp cloths. Definitely get more of those. Also don't forget about those all important mommy supplies already mentioned.

Thanks ladies!!

i figured this thread would help all of us newbies Smile i have so much in the area of bath supplies (wash clothes etc), but yep, noone else mentioned it!

what about gas drops or something. my BF mentioned it to me before..

LauraMae78's picture
Joined: 01/10/11
Posts: 969

"LizzyLaw06" wrote:

Aquaphor. I find it better than vaseline. Great for diaper rashes too. I assume you have bottles.
You will want more bibs once teething starts for drool.
If you breast feed and don't want to nurse in public then you want a cooler bag with the frozen inserts for bottles of breast milk when out.
If you formula feed those pre measured 4oz pouches were awesome when running errands. Take a bottle of water and add the pouch..clean and you don't have to lug the can of formula around all the time...we bf' ed and used the pouches when not home.
Have you thought about a basinette or in bed co sleeper?
Waterproof Crib mattress protector (x2) for when the diapers leak
When you get the carseat be sure to buy an extra base so you have one in your car and dh's car, just makes things easier.

I may think of more to add

mattress protector, good idea!

we are hoping that the playard that we have will work for the first few weeks.

we carpool so the extra base wont be an issue, thank goodness Smile

Aquaphor, never heard of it. will look into it Wink

nori_garsi's picture
Joined: 10/31/06
Posts: 2069

I'm going to ditto a lot of what the other ladies said.

Definitely consider a boppy or other nursing pillow. That thing was invaluable for me, and I also used to use for laying the baby in.

I also use cloth diapers for burp rags. They are just so convenient.

I never used vasoline or anything else on him and he was fine. Maybe we just got lucky that he only ever got a few mild diaper rashes. You should check out Butt Paste though, that stuff is amazing. I never had to use more than one dose to get rid of a diaper rash.

I also think you should have gowns in small sizes. They are great for nighttime changes, no snaps or zippers to mess with.

I am also a big fan of swaddling. It was the only way to get Brandon to sleep. We used several different swaddlers but we liked the Miracle Blanket the best.

You might want to consider sleep sacks as well.

For bottles, I agree just get a few as breastfeeding babies may refuse some bottles. I don't use pacifiers, but if you're going to use them make sure you have some.

A baby carrier if you want to wear her at all.

I really like hooded towels (Brandon still uses his a lot). I've found some on sale at Target and Carter's so I think we're set there.

For diapers we are just buying one small package of NB and one package of size 1. I don't want to overload on NB diapers because we don't know how big he will be. Last time I had a preemie so he didn't even fit in NB for a while.

We loved our diaper genie but I know a lot of people don't like them. You might want to consider it. I also notice you didn't get a swing. Brandon hated ours but some babies do like them. You can always get one used if you want one but don't want to spend all the money.

Also, a playmat for tummy time.

jonibug's picture
Joined: 11/27/06
Posts: 781

You can only do bath time once the umbilical cord falls off, usually around 2 weeks old. Until then you do sponge baths. But really, babies don't get very dirty at first, unless they spitup or poo really bad, they are messy eaters, or you accidentally spray them with BM (it happens LOL).

There are a lot of different kinds of breast pads, I liked the Johnson&Johnson ones the best. You don't know what size your boobs will be, but once you get there, nursing bras and tanks are great.

If you are swollen and it hurts down there, have some extra NB diapers handy. You can rip open the lining, stuff in some ice, put it down there like a pad and oooo, relief.

Take EVERYTHING from the hospital. Suction bulbs, lanolin, pads, tucks, squirt bottle (great for your first few bm's), diapers, the net underwear, receiving blankets...seriously, pack them all.

heatherliz2002's picture
Joined: 02/02/08
Posts: 2273

I totally agree on more burp cloths. You don't really want to use receiving blankets for that because they're not as thick/absorbent. My favorite thing to use for burp cloths are cloth diapers (just really basic ones- nothing fancy or expensive. They make great dust/cleaning rags once you're done using them for baby, too!

I also agree with some sort of baby carrier. It's great to have that option- a lot of times it's a lot more practical than a stroller. And the mattress protectors... I had almost forgotten about them- just pulled mine out of storage today!

As far as breastfeeding goes, definitely a boppy or some sort of nursing pillow! Also, instead of buying lanolin cream (or whatever) just get a bottle of olive oil (inexpensive, not extra virgin or anything). The lactation consultant at the hospital (when DD was born) recommended using that instead of the creams, and it was GREAT! And it doesn't matter if baby ingests a little of it, so you don't have to worry about them getting any chemicals or anything like that from a cream.

skylersmomma's picture
Joined: 04/10/11
Posts: 927

laura , im glad u started this thread Smile i am taking notes i noticed a few things u had on your list that i completley forgot about.. I am slowly but surley getting organized!!! Wink

LauraMae78's picture
Joined: 01/10/11
Posts: 969

"skylersmomma" wrote:

laura , im glad u started this thread Smile i am taking notes i noticed a few things u had on your list that i completley forgot about.. I am slowly but surley getting organized!!! Wink

me too!! i expected a few things to get brought up, but WOW. i am nowhere near being done. i am so overwhelmed now LOL

as for the olive oil, that is definately something to look into. i am one that avoids medicine and chemicals if at all possible so i am very interested in that tid bit of info. Thanks heather!

and the more i think about it, the less i see the need for a stroller right away. a moby wrap would work for a quite a while...hmmm

jonibug's picture
Joined: 11/27/06
Posts: 781

It depends on how you work as parents. The moby is kind of a bear to put on when you get used to it but it is nice b/c ppl are less inclined to get in baby's face or touch baby when she is all up on your boobs lol. It will also be helpful if your dh is willing to wear it(mine wasn't). I'm planning on using an Ergo this time. The stroller, we only used it for walks for a long time. When grocery shopping, baby will be in a carseat for a long time and after that, I used a cart cover which worked really well, but you have to do research to make sure the one you get covers carts well.

ekcanada's picture
Joined: 05/06/09
Posts: 1707

I totally agree that you need a nursing pilow! Even DH used it when he held DD. It is also great when they are learning to sit up because it can be used as a prop. I also used it for tummy time when DD was little because she wasn't able to lie flat.

BIG underwear for after delivery. Something that you don't mind throwing away. I go a size or two bigger and nothing too tight (boyshorts were my favorite). Trust me, you are not going to what anything touching you down there! Also, nobody warned me about how much you bleed afterward (there was always a trail of blood behind me when I walked for the first 24 hours).

I also used Calendula. It really helped me with tearing (I tore to my rectum) but it didn't bother me - I think it was because of calendula. I put a few drops into me peri bottle and rinsed everytime I used the washroom.

I never used burp cloths, just receiving blankets (I actually still use them for DD when she is messy).

I am also a lover of sleep sacks. DD only switched to blankets earlier this year.

As much as you say you don't want to use pacifiers, I would have some on hand. You will soon realize that you will become a pacifier if you plan to breastfeed. It may give you a break. Unfortunately, I tried and tried with DD but she never took one.

I know you said a stroller could wait, I am of a different frame of mind. I loved my stroller from the beginning. Because DD was so colicky, it was something that actually keep her calm. I could prop her up and continue to move (we would walk the malls, parks etc.)

Have on hand all your tylenols and other things. You can't use them for the first 3 months without contacting a doctor but it is amazing how fast those first months go.

A thermometer!!!!! If these little guys get a fever in the first few months, we are supposed to take them in immediately.

I would also have formula on hand - you may need to supplement. It is very stressful to have to make that decision and you do not want to be going to the store...

MandyMommyto1's picture
Joined: 06/27/09
Posts: 534

I'm probably repeating a lot of what was already said, but here's my input:

For you:
-definitely the Colace for the first week! And some extra-strength Tylenol/acetaminophin too - trust me I tried to go without any pain reliever and after the first day I realized what a stupid idea that was Smile
-some kind of nipple cream is ESSENTIAL if you're breastfeeding. I found the best one to use was a natural brand with an olive oil base, and really the best is to rub some breast milk on after a feeding and let your girls have some air time - of course during the day that isn't generally doable.
-You'll need probably 2 weeks worth of thick pads, then some thin ones for a couple weeks after that.
-peri bottle - they'll probably give you one to take home from the hospital

For baby, sounds like you're pretty set, but you might want a few extra things:
-I agree with pp on a carrier of some kind. I personally would recommend a ring-style sling for the first couple months, our Moby wrap didn't work well until DD was quite a bit bigger. If your baby is fussy like mine was, or likes to be attached to you at all times, a sling will save your sanity Smile
-Definitely more burp cloths! Newborns spit up a LOT! You don't need anything special for this, I literally got a bunch of cotton fabric out of the sale bin and cut it up into 12" squares.
-Swaddlers: I cut my own receiving blankets, and made them extra big, because as pp have said, the "receiving blankets" you buy are usually too small for that purpose. Some of those special wraps (miracle wrap and the like) can be great, but don't buy the fleece ones. You don't want a fabric that's too stretchy and too hot. Layering is the key with little ones.
-For the bath, I have a Tummy Tub, there's other "European" style baths on the market now too - this bath was a life saver for my skinny minny because she got way too cold in the traditional style baby baths.
-For bottles, we used the So Free wide neck glass bottles.They're great for breastfeeding mums because you can stick them in the dishwasher and it's really easy to pour the milk from the pump collection bottles right into them since they have the wide neck - no sterilizing required.

Danifo's picture
Joined: 09/07/10
Posts: 1377

"ekcanada" wrote:

I would also have formula on hand - you may need to supplement. It is very stressful to have to make that decision and you do not want to be going to the store...

Lots of people say not to but I agree with this. You don't have to use it but it is good to have. When we left the hospital DD had not latched and I was pumping/suplementing. We had no bottles at home, no formula, no pump and nothing was sterilized. When we left the hospital, we took my pumped milk (hardly any). We had to stop at a store on the way home and stare at the multitude of bottles, nipples, pumps and formula. Then when we got home, we had to sterilize everything and make formula. This took forever with a NB who was now through my pumped milk, starving and still refusing to latch.

I bought some premade formula in case we encounter this again. I have every intention of BF again because after the first month it was great but it rarely goes smoothly at the begining. I figure I can donate it if I don't use it or use it gradually as a back up when I'm away from DD2.

heatherliz2002's picture
Joined: 02/02/08
Posts: 2273

I definitely agree with Erin on the thermometer- super important! And you really need to get a rectal one. Any other kind just isn't accurate enough with a newborn. The ear/underarm/whatever types are fine when they get a little older.

mandi04's picture
Joined: 08/10/03
Posts: 2272

See, I don't know about every hospital but I've gotten thermometers with each of my babies. They use one in the hospital and send it home with you because like with everything else, they can't reuse it on someone else's baby. It'd be something worth asking if you are going to do a hospital tour.
As far as formula, I think that depends. I had formula on hand with my other kids but I was determined not to use it. I do think it'd be easy as a first time mom to feel like baby wasn't getting enough when they are. Babies nurse a lot at first to get your milk supply going, not because they are starving. As with the other times I'm waiting to see if I get any free samples from the formula companies, I have no intentions of buying any. Usually when you sign up with the formula companies they send you a free small can.

Nell4Him's picture
Joined: 10/25/06
Posts: 2455

"mandi04" wrote:

Usually when you sign up with the formula companies they send you a free small can.

This! I just got a sample can in the mail a few days ago. Smile

zoe08's picture
Joined: 09/09/08
Posts: 665

As far as formula goes, you can also usually get a free sample of the little ready to feed bottles before you leave the hospital.

I didn't because I was so certain I was going to breastfeed, and then when I went back to the LC she gave me some because I had to supplement and then end up switching to formula because I didn't make enough milk and Mason had lost too much weight and was not gaining it back.

Danifo's picture
Joined: 09/07/10
Posts: 1377

Not to hijack this into a BF thread Biggrin
We had a free can from a company but I had never even looked at it because I was so sure I was BF and the advice I had been given was not to have any in the house because it makes it too easy to give up. So, when we went to make it, it says "use cooled boiled water" That takes a long time Biggrin

I also ended up using some cans of premade formula because my pumping ability is non-existant and DD1 would not drink milk that had been frozen. So when I went out without her, I would leave whatever BM I had pumped over the last day and the cans.

I do agree with mandi that babies nurse a lot at the begining and that is not an indicator that BF is not working. If you think it isn't working (and want it too), talk to an LC and see what your options are before you stop.

Now for something else...
If you are doing baby announcements, print up the address labels now so all you have to do at the time is put the address labels on.

I agree with most recieving blankets you buy being too small to actually swaddle any baby larger than 8lbs. If you have any sewing skill (I don't) they are easy to make.

LauraMae78's picture
Joined: 01/10/11
Posts: 969

"Danifo" wrote:

Not to hijack this into a BF thread Biggrin
We had a free can from a company but I had never even looked at it because I was so sure I was BF and the advice I had been given was not to have any in the house because it makes it too easy to give up. So, when we went to make it, it says "use cooled boiled water" That takes a long time Biggrin

I also ended up using some cans of premade formula because my pumping ability is non-existant and DD1 would not drink milk that had been frozen. So when I went out without her, I would leave whatever BM I had pumped over the last day and the cans.

I do agree with mandi that babies nurse a lot at the begining and that is not an indicator that BF is not working. If you think it isn't working (and want it too), talk to an LC and see what your options are before you stop.

Now for something else...
If you are doing baby announcements, print up the address labels now so all you have to do at the time is put the address labels on.

I agree with most recieving blankets you buy being too small to actually swaddle any baby larger than 8lbs. If you have any sewing skill (I don't) they are easy to make.

No, HACK AWAY!! i am clueless to alot of this! in another 6 weeks or so i will have this thread to refer back on.

I just got a free sample can of Enfamil in the mail a few days ago myself. hoping my boobs work for me, but if not, then atleast i have a can there just in case Smile

Nell4Him's picture
Joined: 10/25/06
Posts: 2455

See, with Jacob I didn't want to get ANY bottles or formula because I was gonna BF and I didn't want ANY reason to be lazy (if it was there I might use it). But honestly... when he was 2 months old he hit a growth spurt and I ran DRY DRY DRY at 2am!! It HURT. I literally was empty, aching, and he was sucking HARD and screaming cause nothing was happening. I tried for 2 hours to feed him like this. Then DH finally came in and said "Honey, I think we need to find those bottles you got at your shower and that can of formula the hospital gave us.. he needs something".

Let me tell you, at 2am I was VERY thankful for those items. I took him into my doc (who was also his doc) the very next day and she gave me instructions on how to build up my supply and whatnot.

Then with my last pregnancy I signed up for every sample out there and never needed them.

This time, it could go either way... so I'm happy to have the sample. I still have some bottles from last time (need to wash and sanitize them soon), but at the same time I was thinking if I didn't get any samples then at least the Wal-Mart is 24 hours now. Lol

Joined: 07/12/06
Posts: 831

I have LOVED these for my kiddos... definitely helped them sleep better.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3734179