hi this will be a quick one as im running out the door for my nst but wanted to fill ya in on how the girls were doing. they were both doing good baby a weighs 4lbs 9 oz baby b weighs 4lbs 3oz.... if my drs here dont decided what they wanna do... (dr im seeing is leaving soon and a new dr is coming etc) the dr who i see at magee wants to induce me at 36 weeks.. so now i gotta decide if i wanna just say okay u do it or try to figure out something closer to home.. but 36 weeks is when he wants to do it if he does it.. that is so close! so now i gotta figure this out... and family/clark is no help my dad thinks one thing my mom probably thinks another and clark has no answer he just wants to make sure i have the best dr and he doesnt really like any of my drs... on top of that we have the stomach flu goin around my house.. ugh i feel crappy! well off to nst and to my moms for the weekend as im not aloud to be home alone bc of dizzy lightheaded-ness... ill try to post more when im at her house.. if preg.org lets me sign in there..
well i am glad the babies are doing well! KUP.
Glad the babies are doing well! I'd say if you make it to 36 weeks I'd definitely want to try to deliver as close to home as possible. I probably wouldn't agree to an induction for no reason at that point though. You just never know at 36 weeks. Most babies do fine (I've had 3 kids now at 36 weeks or less, 1 needed the NICU) but I'd hate to be induced and then have my baby(ies) have problems. I'd push for another week or two as long as everything is going well at that point.
DD1- July 2004
DD2- April 2006
DS1- December 2009
DS2- August 2011
I'm glad that the babies are doing so well. I agree with Mandi though, I wouldn't necessarily agree to an induction at 36 weeks...is it because of your health? I hope you are able to figure out what to do.
Lenora & Chris 01.16.10
DS Brandon 05.13.07
DS CJ 10.06.11
*Co-moderator of January-June '07 and September '11*
basically he says 36 weeks.. bc of the operation/and sewing my cervix shut and the hosp is 2 hrs away.. he wants to make sure if hes doing it i get there etc.. and the fact that my drs at my normal dr office keep changing.. went to my normal dr today.. saw a dr that will still be there when the babies will be born.. he said 36 weeks would be good especially in magee.. that they take twins early etc.. and in my case my plecenta is "old" bc of 2 babies using it.. since they share it.. and keeping them in longer could be harmful.. espeically with the stress that has been put on mine.. he said if this dr who did the operation wanted 36 weeks.. to go for it.. but he will do it at 37 weeks at the hosp that is closer to home.. but he wouldnt let me go past 38 and he would be leaning more towards 37.. so now i gotta talk to the dr who did the operation at magee and tell him what my dr said.. and see what he says.. i feel id rather have it done at hosp closer to home.. at 37 weeks.. but the other hosp has the best nicu etc.. but my dr thinks at 37 weeks they would be fine to have at the hosp closer to home..