Ok, so since so many mommas are starting to finish up there to do lists i figured us slackers needed a place to vent about what we have left to do before our LOs get here And I know that putting it out there for others to see will get my arse in gear!
My to do list:
-Finish painting nursery walls, stripe and stencil border
-Get twin bed set up for DS
-Move crip into Nursery
-Pick up babies new dresser/changing table
-Pull out old baby stuff from the rafters and sort
-Get out Bassinet
IBCLC Intern, Almost there!!!!
Wyatt Rett 2-27-09
Reagan Jean 9-15-11
Moderator of Everything Breastfeeding!
Co-Moderator of September 09
Way too much... I think I atill have everything to do...
To name a few:
Some of these things I will obviously be enlisting some help with...
-- Rearranging furniture in the bedroom
-- Cleaning up in the bedroom
-- Setting up crib in the bedroom
-- Purchasing dresser/armoire for Thalia
-- Washing all clothes
-- Putting clothes in dresser
-- Shopping for those few missing items
-- Organizing, organizing and more organizing
-- Sterilizing all the bottles etc
I know there's more.... Parhaps I'll update this later
Well... considering I've done nothing in preparation of this baby... I have everything to do!
Meet with the midwife for the first time tomorrow.
Bring car seat, bassinet and unisex clothes down from the loft. They were used less than a year ago, so I have no desire to wash them. They've been perfectly kept in plastic sealed containers since he grew out of them.
We don't do ultrasounds, so don't know gender. If this baby is a girl, we'll begin to figure out how to clear out the third bedroom for her. (It's our computer room.) But baby will be in our room for a few months, so it's not an issue right away.
I still need to prep some cloth diapers that are new, and make some of them smalls and stuff them in preparation for 2 in cloth.
Grab the swing and bouncer out of the baby's bedroom at some point to set up. But may not even do that until babe is born.
Also need to bring my homebirth supplies down from the loft, as well as order whatever birth kit this midwife wants me to have.
Basically, everything. :P
I want to order a birthing ball (the hospital does not provide, but you may bring your own) today. I also thing I'm going to order some nursing pajamas... never had them with my other two, but I think I want at least one pair this time around.
I need to wash the inserts for the infant seat and matching stroller and install in the car. (Planning to do this tomorrow).
We need to set up the cradle in our room (DH said he would set it up this week) and I need to wash down all the baby gear/toys.
I have washed all the newborn-3 months clothes. I have all my nb/small cloth diapers prepped as well. All the baby gear is brought up from the basement, I just need to wipe it down. I bought post-partum supplies last week. I finished washing baby blankets last night. I really feel that if LO arrived tomorrow.... we would be okay though.
I have a ton of things to do, but for me, 7 weeks feels like a long time!
We still need to:
-paint the nursery
-move crib to nursery
-move changing table/glider to our bedroom
-get down the car seat/baby swing from attic and get all that stuff washed
-sterilize bottles/pacifiers/breast pump accessories.
-I have several things to sew - boppy covers and a car seat tent for sure, maybe a few other little things
-wash bedding for baby
-I'd like to get a few things frozen so we have some easy things to eat
And that's just baby stuff
- I still have a lot of preschool stuff to get prepared organized for the year for the boys so I don't have to worry about that after baby arrives
- I want to clean my living room and the bedroom carpets
- Get my office/desk organized
I have millions of things to do, but I have been so exhausted, when the kids nap, I nap, and therefore I don't get much done.
Well I just got back from shopping, so I got to knock a few things off my list (got nursing pads, etc.) Also just spoke to my pediatrician to make sure we're good to go there.
1. Finish up freezer meals (I have about 3 left that I want to do... planning on knocking out one this afternoon).
2. Finish organizing nursery/putting everything away... ALMOST finished, just bought a couple of bins for his closet/dresser so I can finish up today.
3. Pack hospital bag and DD's bag... obviously this is something that will get finished at the last minute, but I think I finally have everything I need to at least get started.
4. Get curtains for DD's big girl room and get my brother to paint her dresser. Not totally necessary, but something I'd like to get done before the baby comes.
5. Wash the carseat cover and install the carseat.
6. Buy the rest of the baby stuff that I need that I didn't get at my shower.
7. Get a haircut... again, not totally necessary, but something I'd really like to do!
8. Get birthday presents for three birthdays that will be coming up right after this little guy arrives.
9. Get anything DD needs for preschool... first day is Sept. 7th... probably right around when I'll be delivering!
10. Print out my birth plan (it's written, but we don't have a printer hooked up at home at the moment, so I need to get DH to print it out at work).
11. Get thank you gift for friends who are keeping DD when I go into labor.
12. Some sort of treat for the nurses at the hospital (cookies, etc.)
13. Put music and hypnobabies tracks on my new phone.
Okay wow. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow. I'd better get moving!!!
Well, let's see:
~ painted my bedroom and set the crib up this weekend
~ Gone through just about all the girl baby clothes and have it washed, but put back in a bin in my bedroom.
Things need to do:
~ NAME HER! Ugh. I have a vent to post about that actually.
~ Sort, fold and put away stuff she can use right away. The crib set was in the same bin and I worried maybe it would smell musty or something but nope, still smells fresh, so I won't have to rewash,
~ Take a look through the bin in the basement to see if there's anything else that can be washed to be used.
~ Wash carseat, bouncy seat cover, play mat so it's all ready for when she's born and comes home
~ Pick and choose what to bring to the hospital and possibly get my bag ready, or mostly all ready anyways.
~ Buy a mobile for the crib. Hailey didn't have one because we discovered our old one broke when we had moved, and never got around to buying her one. She did have other stuff to look at/play music in her crib, but I felt really bad about it and I don't want to feel bad again just because my other kids had one.
~ Get bottles ready. I don't have any small ones, just big ones because we ended up tossing the old ones out part way through when Hailey was using them and buying new because all the parts were wearing out and we couldn't find the replacements anywhere. At that point we only needed big ones, definately need small ones in case I run into any troubles.
~ I'm sure there's more but right now that's what I can think of. Oh, just thought, need to get some soothers, diapers etc. Wow, I have more to do than I thought. I thought I was doing good when I had all the clothes sorted and washed, and the crib put up this weekend lol. But, there's still tons to do apparently. Thanks for making me realize I have TONS to do