To induce or not induce this is the question
So I had my appt on Tuesday. He told me I'm still 2 cm dilated, 50 % effaced, my cervix is soft but that baby is at station -2 in other words he hasn't dropped enough. He said he wanted to induce cause of the GD and the fact that my baby is gaining a pound a week. Right now he is weighing 8 lbs 2 oz. But he doesn't like that the baby is high up and doesn't want to have to end up giving me a c- sec if he won't drop. I have read that mothers who have other children sometimes won't drop until actual labor or water breaking.
I'm going back in today cause he wants to see if I have progressed any on the baby dropping and possibly inducing me today or tomorrow. He seemed concerned Tuesday and told me if he hasn't it would be up to me cause if I wait baby out he might get to large and then me end up with a c-sec anyway. I'm not sure what to do with my first I had GD but the baby broke my water on his own at 38 weeks the day before inducing and with my DD I was induced cause she was late but went full term cause I didn't have GD. Both of my children were actually 7 lbs babies so the fact this one has already reached 8 lbs is starting to scare me. His lungs are completely developed and the machine at my Dr office and tech has been right on the money almost with both my other pregnancies and their weigh just a couple oz off.
If I have made no progress today should I say well lets try inducing and risk it or should I tell him I want to try waiting the baby out and risk the baby weighing to much for me to deliver? Another thing that kind of concerned me is the baby looks swollen from other weeks his lips are hugh and his boy parts are swollen as well. I'm wondering how much fluid my little man is retaining...
What would you guys do? I don't want to try to force him out but at the same time I don't want my baby to have difficulties breathing or loose him at birth.