Great news Carolyn and Noelle!!!
Ethan - June 21, 2009
Olivia - December 5, 2010
5w3d - October/November 2012
My Ovulation Chart
Our house is really small too. 800 sq ft 2BR1BA. We plan to enclose the carport to create a master bed and second bath. That will have to wait until DH gets a real job, which definitely won't be before Next Baby arrives. We'll have a year before it gets tight in here. We co-sleep and will keep Next Baby in our room for the first year. Hopefully we'll have the addition done so we can move in there, move the office into our bedroom and put the two kids in together. Our office is currently in the corner of the living room and SUCKS.
Going from 1 to 2 children in a small house wasn't really an issue for us, we just figured we'd make it work. The girls share a room, but it is an awkward shape, and we can only fit toddler beds in it. Realistically we need to add a bedroom regardless of whether or not we have another. We'd love to refinance, but we can't because of not having enough equity.
My current solution that we are exploring is: Taking out a home improvement loan, completing the work, then trying to refinance with the added equity. If we are lucky we can continue playing the home improvement loan, but lesson our monthly payment so that it evens out to what we're paying now. If we were to refinance it in altogether we would get stuck paying a mortgage insurance that we don't have now which is why I feel like we need to keep the loans separate.
It is all so confusing though!
Doesn't sound fun or easy. The reason we bought this place was for the option to enclose the carport. the roof and foundation are already there. We just need to throw up some walls. The bathroom will be the pricey part but that can honestly wait.
**Bit of a Lurker** We're still talking about TTCing, keeps getting put off for various reasons.
But for me I want to complete my undergraduate degree first; I only have 4 more exams and should be done in June 2013. And then after that I want to try to come off my meds (Lamictal) and be stable in my bi-polar condition. In a perfect world we would also want to wait until DH has had his brain decompression surgery but even more complications have postponed that indefinitely so we'll accept 2 out of 3.