My name's Stephanie, DH is Adam. We have 2 kids: Rachael, 3.5years and Michael, turning 2 next week. For the last 2 years I have said that I was done having kids, and I was just not ready for more. I have dealt with post partum depression for the majority of that time. My kids both have autism, and we just found out my dad has terminal brain cancer. I am dealing with a lot of stressers in my life, but I am doing emotionally better now than I have in over 2 years. I was already starting to wean off anti depressants (went from 150mg to 50 mg, now just went down to 25mg), and am feeling really great. The kids are doing well and thriving in their therapy programs. So this last week, with everything going so well, I have started to get the baby bug. I don't know if this is great timing, but I really don't know if there is such a thing as perfect timing. So long as I am emotionally doing well, I think it's as good of a time as any. I would also really like my dad to meet and be able to hold this next baby before he dies.
The only thing I can't decide is if it's better to get my Mirena IUD out now, to let my cycles regulate before TTC in May or June? My cycles were always very irregular...typically 40-60 day cycles, sometimes longer, and can be hard to chart. Or, should I get it out the month or 2 before we're ready to TTC, because you are most fertile then, and typically have one or 2 normal cycles after going off hormonal birth control before the crazy cycles come back? What would you do?