March Chat Thread - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: March Chat Thread

  1. #11
    Posting Addict ange84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    9,152

    Default

    I haven't been around much because TOC is making me sad right now. In my ideal world I would be due in June and getting a nice bump oing right now. It doesn't help a workmate is due inJune.
    Anyway I'm Wendy and I'm 27. I have one sweet, crazy, adorable, crazy, handsome and did I mention crazy boy, Ronin who is 17 months old.
    Ronin is small weight wise, he was the 3rd percentile at his 12 month appt and going by current weight gain he will be just above the 5th by 18 months, at least the health nurse will get off my back about his weight as he would have gone up percentiles. I know what I pack him for lunches for day care and he eats a ton.

    I will hopefully be TTC in August/September as then I have one less fight with my local hospital to get a VBAC because there will be 2 years between pregnancies. Hopefully TTC is short and sweet like last time s I really want a before June 30 baby as then they go to school a year earlier which saves a year of day care costs.
    Wendy




  2. #12
    Posting Addict pico83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,568

    Default

    Hi, all.
    I'm Virginia. I'm 28 and DH is 27. We have 3 enormous boys ages 4y3m, 2 1/2, and 10m. They're all above the 90th percentile for weight and height. LO is indeed my little one since he was "only" 23lbs 11oz at 9 months! I'm tiny (5'3" and just over 100lbs) and am often asked whether I'm the nanny. (how's that for a digression?)
    I was planning to wait until summer 2013 to TTC, but DH might be interested in TTC this summer. I'm a little nervous because I'm a SAHM and it can get pretty crazy at times. There are still times I can't believe we already have 3 kids. None of our friends are having babies yet! It's quite the adventure.
    big boy 12.8.07 @ 39+2 7lbs 8oz, 20.5" BFed for 13 months
    middle boy 8.12.09 @ 39+4 7lbs 9oz, 21" BFed for 13.5 months
    little boy 4.26.11 @ 38+4 6lbs 14oz, 19.5" BFed until 26mo and again 30-37mo
    baby boy 10.25.13 @ 41+0 8lbs 15oz, 21.5"
    8.16.12 & 12.16.12
    surprise pregnancy ended 1.9.15

  3. #13
    Posting Addict tink9702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Hi Wendy! Wow, Australia's cutoff for school is so much sooner than in the US. It's September 1st in my area. My daughter will be 5yrs 9months when she finally gets to start school.

    Hi Virginia! That's kinda funny that you are asked if you are the nanny! Was the transition to 3 kids difficult? Do you think 4 will be a lot harder? My father keeps saying we are crazy to want 3 or 4 children....
    ~~Mel

    Ethan - June 21, 2009
    Olivia - December 5, 2010
    5w3d - October/November 2012

    My Ovulation Chart

  4. #14
    Posting Addict pico83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,568

    Default

    you know, I've found every transition challenging in its own way. DH got more time off with #3 than with the others, but I was sick when LO was born so it was a bit of a rough start. Having a newborn felt like second nature, but DS1 wasn't napping at all, so once DH went back to work I didn't get to nap either. I think how difficult 4 is depends on when we have #4.
    big boy 12.8.07 @ 39+2 7lbs 8oz, 20.5" BFed for 13 months
    middle boy 8.12.09 @ 39+4 7lbs 9oz, 21" BFed for 13.5 months
    little boy 4.26.11 @ 38+4 6lbs 14oz, 19.5" BFed until 26mo and again 30-37mo
    baby boy 10.25.13 @ 41+0 8lbs 15oz, 21.5"
    8.16.12 & 12.16.12
    surprise pregnancy ended 1.9.15

  5. #15
    Community Host lizzib45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Anyone think going from 0-1 or 1-2 more difficult? Anyone have kiddos with around 3 year age gap? Easy or difficult?

    Virginia- how many kiddos do you want? Just curious.

    I think if DH let it happen I would have 4 but I think I am going to be good with 2.
    Sara
    Tommy born 7/13/2010


    M/C June 2013 - 12 weeks
    #2 due 7.15.14 ! No FB comments... Shhhhh
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

  6. #16
    Posting Addict ange84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    9,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tink9702 View Post
    Hi Wendy! Wow, Australia's cutoff for school is so much sooner than in the US. It's September 1st in my area. My daughter will be 5yrs 9months when she finally gets to start school.
    Here they start school the year they turn five, if they turn five before June 30 they are 4 when they start, If they turn five after June 30 they are five when they start. Ronin will be five and three months when he starts school because they start at the end of January
    Wendy




  7. #17
    Posting Addict tink9702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ange84 View Post
    Here they start school the year they turn five, if they turn five before June 30 they are 4 when they start, If they turn five after June 30 they are five when they start. Ronin will be five and three months when he starts school because they start at the end of January
    Interesting! TFS!

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzib45 View Post
    Anyone think going from 0-1 or 1-2 more difficult? Anyone have kiddos with around 3 year age gap? Easy or difficult?

    Virginia- how many kiddos do you want? Just curious.

    I think if DH let it happen I would have 4 but I think I am going to be good with 2.
    Depends on what you found difficult about going from 0-1. If you found it difficult because you had no time to yourself than 1-2 will be even harder. if it was the learning curve about how to take care of your child than 0-1 would be harder. I have a friend with a 3 year age gap and she seemed to struggle more than I did with a 17 1/2 month gap. Sounds strange, but I think it really depends on the children. If your 3 year old is independent and potty trained already it should be fairly good age gap. She was still potty training and her younger son also had BFing issues and nursed for hours at a time. So it was really hard for her to deal with the potty training.

    Quote Originally Posted by pico83 View Post
    you know, I've found every transition challenging in its own way. DH got more time off with #3 than with the others, but I was sick when LO was born so it was a bit of a rough start. Having a newborn felt like second nature, but DS1 wasn't napping at all, so once DH went back to work I didn't get to nap either. I think how difficult 4 is depends on when we have #4.
    That makes sense. I'd probably gap #3 further out if I was younger, but at 33, thinking I better have #3 sooner rather than later. My mom started menopause at 39.
    ~~Mel

    Ethan - June 21, 2009
    Olivia - December 5, 2010
    5w3d - October/November 2012

    My Ovulation Chart

  8. #18
    Posting Addict pico83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzib45 View Post
    Virginia- how many kiddos do you want? Just curious.
    I don't know. I'm one of four and I liked that. But we started young and love being parents, so we might end up with a few more. It's weird because people in my area just don't have more than 3 kids (even 3 is kind of rare) and they usually don't start until 5-10 years older than I did. But it works for us.

    Quote Originally Posted by tink9702 View Post
    That makes sense. I'd probably gap #3 further out if I was younger, but at 33, thinking I better have #3 sooner rather than later. My mom started menopause at 39.
    well, 3 under 4 is doable. It's been tough at times, but it's also been a lot of fun. My DS1 was the same age as your DS is now (2y8m) and DS2 was 12m when we conceived #3.
    big boy 12.8.07 @ 39+2 7lbs 8oz, 20.5" BFed for 13 months
    middle boy 8.12.09 @ 39+4 7lbs 9oz, 21" BFed for 13.5 months
    little boy 4.26.11 @ 38+4 6lbs 14oz, 19.5" BFed until 26mo and again 30-37mo
    baby boy 10.25.13 @ 41+0 8lbs 15oz, 21.5"
    8.16.12 & 12.16.12
    surprise pregnancy ended 1.9.15

  9. #19
    Posting Addict tink9702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pico83 View Post
    well, 3 under 4 is doable. It's been tough at times, but it's also been a lot of fun. My DS1 was the same age as your DS is now (2y8m) and DS2 was 12m when we conceived #3.
    So I'm not as crazy as DH thinks I am some days! LOL!
    ~~Mel

    Ethan - June 21, 2009
    Olivia - December 5, 2010
    5w3d - October/November 2012

    My Ovulation Chart

  10. #20
    Community Host lizzib45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    3 under 4 sounds crazy, but also like alot of fun and laughter!!!
    Sara
    Tommy born 7/13/2010


    M/C June 2013 - 12 weeks
    #2 due 7.15.14 ! No FB comments... Shhhhh
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions