May Chat Thread

88 posts / 0 new
Last post
eliann's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 21 min ago
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2441
May Chat Thread

It's a new month! How in the world is it May already? It's a busy month for us. Lots of birthdays, mother's day, memorial day, and BBQs. Yay!

eliann's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 21 min ago
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2441

So this week is just flying by. I'm working a half day from home because we have a repair guy coming to fix our plumbing. I'm going to be working at my own pace today Wink I also have a dentist appointment during the lunch hour and will go up to the office for the last 2 hours of the day.

This weekend we have a hotel date because one of our friends gave us a gift card for a super nice hotel in downtown. Because my last cycle was a day or two longer than it usually is, my ovulation date for this month was moved back. FF shows it being May 8th and another app I have shows it being May 9th. So if we BD on May 5th and 6th, do you think we have a chance?

I know I could buy opk's but #1) they are expensive, and #2) I think I will have a hard time convincing DH to BD during the week after a weekend full of BD'ing. I'd hate to get a positive on Tuesday and have DH refuse to DTD.

a's girl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/10/07
Posts: 1008

"eliann" wrote:

So this week is just flying by. I'm working a half day from home because we have a repair guy coming to fix our plumbing. I'm going to be working at my own pace today Wink I also have a dentist appointment during the lunch hour and will go up to the office for the last 2 hours of the day.

This weekend we have a hotel date because one of our friends gave us a gift card for a super nice hotel in downtown. Because my last cycle was a day or two longer than it usually is, my ovulation date for this month was moved back. FF shows it being May 8th and another app I have shows it being May 9th. So if we BD on May 5th and 6th, do you think we have a chance?

I know I could buy opk's but #1) they are expensive, and #2) I think I will have a hard time convincing DH to BD during the week after a weekend full of BD'ing. I'd hate to get a positive on Tuesday and have DH refuse to DTD.

I would say go for it...especially on the 6th...gives it a chance to catch the eggy! Good luck!!!!!

Not much going on with me. Just working this week. I had to go to the doctor this AM for a blood draw. My triglycerides have been misbehaving and I am taking meds for it. I want to see if they are better so I can quit taking them since they are a Class C drug and not good if we want to try to make another baby!!!

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"eliann" wrote:

Yay Wendy! Excited for your new TTC date. Will you try right away?

BTW...I moved our chat to a May thread.

Not right away, I am not sure I want to be so huge in summer. I'm not sure when we will start TTC, but I also think I am going to keep it on the quiet and keep telling everyone we are waiting for medical reasons because everyone keeps telling me I need to give Ronin a sibling already. I think I will order some OPK's as Ronin doesn't sleep through the night so I never get enough sleep to chart accuratly and I need to work on night weaning him and get him sleeping in his own bed. I was thinking last night how exhauseted I already am all the time with a toddler who has tons of energy, is often sick and doesn't sleep, plus working full time and not having much help from hubby and wondering how I will cope with first trimester triredness with all that as well.

pico83 (not verified)

Eliann - worth a try! Have you considered getting OPKs online? You can find them on Amazon (wondfo brand) for about 20 cents each. That's where I get mine.

Kristi - GL with your bloodwork.

Wendy - GL with the night weaning. Seriously, make DH do it. My kids would never have night weaned if I had gone in with them. As soon as they see/hear/smell me they want milk. Yeah, it's tough being pregnant with a little kid around. But you can do it.

AFM: feeling some serious hesitation about TTC again anytime soon. Life is crazy enough with 3 little boys. Maybe it was the ER visit this weekend (LO had croup. scary.) or maybe that I have a cold and am exhausted. I don't know.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Hubby doesn't do anything kid related really, it's all me. He likes to sleep and will not wake to Ronin at night unless he is screaming his head off. He won't wake every 2 hours to settle him through the night weaning process especially as it can take forever to settle him, it took me 2 hours to get him to sleep initially last night.

pico83 (not verified)

"eliann" wrote:

I think I will have a hard time convincing DH to BD during the week after a weekend full of BD'ing. I'd hate to get a positive on Tuesday and have DH refuse to DTD.

He refuses to DTD? I think mine has only turned it down when he's been sick or something. I guess they're all different, huh?

"ange84" wrote:

Hubby doesn't do anything kid related really, it's all me. He likes to sleep and will not wake to Ronin at night unless he is screaming his head off. He won't wake every 2 hours to settle him through the night weaning process especially as it can take forever to settle him, it took me 2 hours to get him to sleep initially last night.

seriously? Tell your DH he needs to get his act together, especially if you both work! That's crazy.

eliann's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 21 min ago
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2441

Ha, yeah he refuses on occasion. Especially weeks where he has worked 50+ hours. I don't feel like doing it either all the time. Is that bad? I was commenting to a friend of mine that I lurk on some people's FF charts and see that they DTD like everyday and sometimes twice a day. How in the world does that happen? Sheesh...I wish. Working so much and taking these tests, there is little time for pleasure. We squeeze it in when we can. Hopefully I can finish my tests this year, just in time for a new baby that keeps me up all night Wink

Last year, my co-worker came into work after taking her 4 hour architecture exam and then stayed with us and worked and until 1am and then popped out a baby like 6 hours later. Now that's hardcore. I have a feeling it will happen the same way for me.

tink9702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/28/08
Posts: 2977

"eliann" wrote:

Ha, yeah he refuses on occasion. Especially weeks where he has worked 50+ hours. I don't feel like doing it either all the time. Is that bad? I was commenting to a friend of mine that I lurk on some people's FF charts and see that they DTD like everyday and sometimes twice a day. How in the world does that happen? Sheesh...I wish. Working so much and taking these tests, there is little time for pleasure. We squeeze it in when we can. Hopefully I can finish my tests this year, just in time for a new baby that keeps me up all night Wink

Last year, my co-worker came into work after taking her 4 hour architecture exam and then stayed with us and worked and until 1am and then popped out a baby like 6 hours later. Now that's hardcore. I have a feeling it will happen the same way for me.

I was finishing up work when I was having contractions on a Sunday Morning with Olivia - crazy, but it kept my mind off the fact that she was coming! LOL

"ange84" wrote:

Hubby doesn't do anything kid related really, it's all me. He likes to sleep and will not wake to Ronin at night unless he is screaming his head off. He won't wake every 2 hours to settle him through the night weaning process especially as it can take forever to settle him, it took me 2 hours to get him to sleep initially last night.

I'm sorry Wendy. That's rough. Olivia doesn't STTN yet either, but she's usually up once and then we just co-sleep most nights after that. I get more sleep that way!

"pico83" wrote:

Eliann - worth a try! Have you considered getting OPKs online? You can find them on Amazon (wondfo brand) for about 20 cents each. That's where I get mine.

Kristi - GL with your bloodwork.

Wendy - GL with the night weaning. Seriously, make DH do it. My kids would never have night weaned if I had gone in with them. As soon as they see/hear/smell me they want milk. Yeah, it's tough being pregnant with a little kid around. But you can do it.

AFM: feeling some serious hesitation about TTC again anytime soon. Life is crazy enough with 3 little boys. Maybe it was the ER visit this weekend (LO had croup. scary.) or maybe that I have a cold and am exhausted. I don't know.

Been there with the hesitation! Anytime it's a rough weekend with the kids I ask myself if I'm insane to have a 3rd.

"eliann" wrote:

So this week is just flying by. I'm working a half day from home because we have a repair guy coming to fix our plumbing. I'm going to be working at my own pace today Wink I also have a dentist appointment during the lunch hour and will go up to the office for the last 2 hours of the day.

This weekend we have a hotel date because one of our friends gave us a gift card for a super nice hotel in downtown. Because my last cycle was a day or two longer than it usually is, my ovulation date for this month was moved back. FF shows it being May 8th and another app I have shows it being May 9th. So if we BD on May 5th and 6th, do you think we have a chance?

I know I could buy opk's but #1) they are expensive, and #2) I think I will have a hard time convincing DH to BD during the week after a weekend full of BD'ing. I'd hate to get a positive on Tuesday and have DH refuse to DTD.

I never used opk's, but it depends on how badly you want to be pregnant this month vs. in the next couple months IYKWIM. I always just took my temps because it was free! I'm cheap like that! LOL

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

YAY for May ladies!

Eliann- I bought OPKs off babywishes.org for cheap, although might check out Virginias suggestion for cheaper. I think the 6th you have a chance of catching that eggie! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Wendy- My DH doesnt do a whole lot and is the most grumpy jerk in MOTN if he gets up with tommy. And thats only recent. Took 20months just to offer. I feel the frustration on it. And we still dont STTN - although last night DS did, it rocked

Virginia, you do NFP using OPKs right? Do you just have a certain window you test for O on or do you use them the whole cycle? I was thinking of getting off BC and going the OPK NFP route.

AFM - Tommy has a nasty diaper rash due to teething and a cold ( drool and snot ) JOY! And DH now has the germies we had earlier this week. And really, a sick DH is like having 2 sick kids. So dramatic. He texted me he has a fever of 100.2. Umm really? LOL! I got a promotion officially yesterday which was nice. I really need ideas for mothers day for anyone interested in giving up thoughts for Mothers day- Mom and MIL! hehe

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"tink9702" wrote:

I'm sorry Wendy. That's rough. Olivia doesn't STTN yet either, but she's usually up once and then we just co-sleep most nights after that. I get more sleep that way!

We co sleep pretty much all night, it's the only way I get sleep.

I finished work a week before I had Ronin, but thats because my work would not allow me to stay on any longer, I finished up at 38 weeks and 2 or 3 days, had him at 39 weeks and 5 days. In that week off I went and helped out for a couple of hours at a Guide camp with over 100 girls attending.

pico83 (not verified)

eliann - oh yeah. My DH hesitates, too, when he's had a week like that! And, no, I'm definitely not interested all the time. BFing really cuts down on that for me.

"lizzib45" wrote:

Virginia, you do NFP using OPKs right? Do you just have a certain window you test for O on or do you use them the whole cycle? I was thinking of getting off BC and going the OPK NFP route.

I use FAM. it's like NFP except with a barrier instead of abstinence while fertile. I use all the signs - temp, CM, cervix - to determine when I'm fertile. I use the OPKs as an extra check, not that I really need it. My O is usually pretty obvious (I get pain for a week before). I'm just a POAS addict.
speaking of which... check out today's OPK

WTF? I have never seen one that dark!

a's girl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/10/07
Posts: 1008

"pico83" wrote:

I use FAM. it's like NFP except with a barrier instead of abstinence while fertile. I use all the signs - temp, CM, cervix - to determine when I'm fertile. I use the OPKs as an extra check, not that I really need it. My O is usually pretty obvious (I get pain for a week before).!

This is what we do as well although lately I have had NO drive whatsoever....so I don't have to worry about getting preggo since you actually have to do something to get that way! HA! Although, if we want to TTC #2, I will have to find my drive somewhere. HA!

pico83 (not verified)

So, I told DH about the OPK. He's sure he wants to TTC again soon. It's been weird with him taking the "we should have another" side of the argument! Anyway, I told him he can think about it today and if he wants to go for it, fine. uh oh. I'm kind of hoping he'll wimp out... but also kind of hoping he won't.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

"a's girl" wrote:

This is what we do as well although lately I have had NO drive whatsoever....so I don't have to worry about getting preggo since you actually have to do something to get that way! HA! Although, if we want to TTC #2, I will have to find my drive somewhere. HA!

I hear you on that one. It doesn't help that because DS is so hard to get to sleep I lay down with him and generally fall asleep as well and am fast asleep by the time hubby gets home from work. In the mornings he is often waking up as we are leaving so AI hardly see him anyway.

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

thats a nice OPK for sure! I think I am going to discuss with DH getting off BC. MY cycles are not regular and BC tends to make me a little nuts, lol, I have PMDD and the BC enchances it for sure. And trust me no drive here. We have both been so busy at work and with tommy not STTN just tired all the time.

pico83 (not verified)

Sara - BC made me crazy. It gave me terrible mood swings, I had no desire at all (I found kissing almost repulsive), and it gave me morning sickness. I saw a bunch of doctors and none could figure out what was causing the nausea. Not one suggested it could be the BC, but it was. I say go off it.

AFM: we decided to keep waiting. I really want a warm weather baby (if DH has paternity leave I want him able to take the older kids out to run around!) So, another 2-3 months, I guess.

tink9702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/28/08
Posts: 2977

No drive here either - we DTD once a week or less, going to have to fix that if we want another one! lol

I also hate BCP. I've been off them since late 2007 and have no intention of ever going back on. If DH ever wants to be sure we won't get pregnant he's going to have to do something about it!

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

I am going to order some OPKs this weekend and prep DH for it. I remember when I went off BC to TTC last time I said I didnt want to go back to BC after baby, so he was in agreement then.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I don't use BC anymore. When I started when I was younger I had to go through about 5 different ones to find one that didn't send me insane, at that stage I got cheap medication, now I have to pay full price there is no way I would pay between $20 and $100 for stuff I am likely to throw out after a month of use because it sent me nuts.

pico83 (not verified)

Thankfully my DH agrees with me. He doesn't want me to go back on hormonal BC ever. I don't blame him.
It's weird that so many people use it, but after stopping for a bit so many say that hated being on it. I wonder how common the side effects are. (Honestly, I can tell when one relative is on it because she becomes completely irrational and our relationship becomes really strained. But when she was off it for a bit she and I got along wonderfully.)

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Once I got a good one I was fine and used it for years but was crazy with the others.

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

Ordered OPKs tonight on amazon. I am looking forward to getting off BC and the hormones. Whats everyone up to this fine weekend?

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Went to a lawn bowls charity event today and it's a long weekend so tomorrow I wil either take Ronin to the beach or to feed the ducks and turtles at a local park.

eliann's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 21 min ago
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2441

I took BCP for like 4 months and hated them. They made me so emotional that DH begged me to stop taking them (when we were dating). Plus heart issues run in my family and I have a heart murmur, so it makes me nervous to be on something like that.

Wendy, hope you have a nice long weekend. The beach sounds lovely. I'm jealous, the nearest beach to me is a 5 hour drive.

AFM-we had our hotel date. It was nice but super ritzy. We got a gift cert to the hotel as a wedding gift and we still ended up spending tons of money. They have a roof top pool that cantilevers over the street and has a glass wall. We jumped in, but there were tons of people in the pool so we didn't stay long. We got some BD'ing in though. This is the closest we've ever DTD to O time, so I'm excited to see if it worked. Oh yeah and I failed my arch exam again. Same test I failed last time too. I am super bummed. I've passed 3 of them, but still have 4 left. I feel like I will be testing forever.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

The beach is noice and close, with a really nice one only about 15minutes drives away. I may rethink the beach though, it's only 20 degrees clelcius this morning which is cold for us and I have a cold. Maybe the park with feeding the ducks and a coffee for Mummy will be the winner. Might even take a picnic morning tea.

isisgoddess_1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 03/29/08
Posts: 1220

Eliann- your hotel date sounds awsome. Hope your BDing got you somewhere.

Sara- how is Tommy feeling now?

I was crazy on hormonal BC. I have the mirena now so low dose and so far have been fine.

AFM- this week has been nuts. Sorry to be lost. Josh saw the neurologist who thinks he has selective mutism. Something that is not hard to overcome with some assistance. Hopefully this quiets DH fears some. We also traded in our suv for a minivan. I love it. Now we are getting closer to being all set to TTC. Still have a ways to go unless I can convince DH to do it sooner.

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

Wendy- coffee and picnic sounds awesome!!! Enjoy your time off with your Lo!
Eliann- Glad the hotel weekend went well! I forget, are you doing OPKs or temping for your O date of the 8th? Fingers crossed for you!
Isis- New cars are fun!!! Congrats! I hope the neurologists thoughts help DH on the TTC board and definitely will help get your DS whatever he needs, thats most important!

AFM- Yes Thank you, Tommy is feeling better. He has the never ending snot run and is officially teething his last 4 teeth. So the drool + snot is making a mess and has given him a nasty diaper rash. I even let him run around naked tonight ( which he managed to poo behind the recliner in his room- lovely). DH is at a truck event today so it was just me and Tommy. Got lots of cleaning done, laundry and we ran a few errands. It was a really relaxing nice day! Oh and I am so tempted just to text DH - Oh I want another baby so think about it. But texting that convo isnt the right way. I am usually so vocal about things but this just gets me all clammed up.

isisgoddess_1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 03/29/08
Posts: 1220

I totally know what you mean. I am having a hard time bringing it up to dh. I dont realky know why. Maybe I am just afraid to hear the answer.

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

My hubby said last night, "So September then" regarding TTC and I mentioned that I was starting to think maybe earlier. He seemed pretty excited.
Guess I should probably get some sleep seeing as I have a sleeping boy and start a new job at work tomorrow.

a's girl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 06/10/07
Posts: 1008

Is it Friday yet? Please? Pretty please??

tink9702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/28/08
Posts: 2977

"eliann" wrote:

I took BCP for like 4 months and hated them. They made me so emotional that DH begged me to stop taking them (when we were dating). Plus heart issues run in my family and I have a heart murmur, so it makes me nervous to be on something like that.

Wendy, hope you have a nice long weekend. The beach sounds lovely. I'm jealous, the nearest beach to me is a 5 hour drive.

AFM-we had our hotel date. It was nice but super ritzy. We got a gift cert to the hotel as a wedding gift and we still ended up spending tons of money. They have a roof top pool that cantilevers over the street and has a glass wall. We jumped in, but there were tons of people in the pool so we didn't stay long. We got some BD'ing in though. This is the closest we've ever DTD to O time, so I'm excited to see if it worked. Oh yeah and I failed my arch exam again. Same test I failed last time too. I am super bummed. I've passed 3 of them, but still have 4 left. I feel like I will be testing forever.

Sounds like a great date and I hope you caught that eggie! Sorry about the exam. Don't you have to pass them all within a certain time frame?

"isisgoddess_1" wrote:

Eliann- your hotel date sounds awsome. Hope your BDing got you somewhere.

Sara- how is Tommy feeling now?

I was crazy on hormonal BC. I have the mirena now so low dose and so far have been fine.

AFM- this week has been nuts. Sorry to be lost. Josh saw the neurologist who thinks he has selective mutism. Something that is not hard to overcome with some assistance. Hopefully this quiets DH fears some. We also traded in our suv for a minivan. I love it. Now we are getting closer to being all set to TTC. Still have a ways to go unless I can convince DH to do it sooner.

I hope Josh's diagnosis calms DH's fears! We need to do the same with the SUV to Minivan. Congrats!

"lizzib45" wrote:

Wendy- coffee and picnic sounds awesome!!! Enjoy your time off with your Lo!
Eliann- Glad the hotel weekend went well! I forget, are you doing OPKs or temping for your O date of the 8th? Fingers crossed for you!
Isis- New cars are fun!!! Congrats! I hope the neurologists thoughts help DH on the TTC board and definitely will help get your DS whatever he needs, thats most important!

AFM- Yes Thank you, Tommy is feeling better. He has the never ending snot run and is officially teething his last 4 teeth. So the drool + snot is making a mess and has given him a nasty diaper rash. I even let him run around naked tonight ( which he managed to poo behind the recliner in his room- lovely). DH is at a truck event today so it was just me and Tommy. Got lots of cleaning done, laundry and we ran a few errands. It was a really relaxing nice day! Oh and I am so tempted just to text DH - Oh I want another baby so think about it. But texting that convo isnt the right way. I am usually so vocal about things but this just gets me all clammed up.

yeah, don't think texting is best! Wink what about leaving a note that specifies the subject and when you want to talk about it - like "let's talk about another baby tonight at 9pm"? That way it's already out there, he has time to think before you spring it on him too.

"ange84" wrote:

My hubby said last night, "So September then" regarding TTC and I mentioned that I was starting to think maybe earlier. He seemed pretty excited.
Guess I should probably get some sleep seeing as I have a sleeping boy and start a new job at work tomorrow.

Sound great!!! Smile I hope the new job goes well!

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

Wendy - Good luck on the new job! What does your new job entail?

Mel- haha a note, thats a good idea. I am tenatively planning it for when my OPKs arrive which should be no later than thursday, if not sooner. I was at target with DS and my mom today and she is starting in on me and baby #2. My sister had a tubal after her 1 son- for medical concerns, so my mom is going to start the harassment on me. Which actually drives me bonkers! So I told her she can harass DH all she wants. lol!

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

My new job is a split role, part time coordinating all court matters for my office and checking others affidavits etc, the other is a mentoring/ complex case managment role. I only hold about 5 cases but they are the more complex ones. I also help mentor other staff which I have been doing informally and as part of my previous role, but might get more of a chance to do so with less case managment. Most of the current court matters are mine at the moment and nealry all even if not mine have some level of complexity and we have lots of new staff so there will be a largish piece of work there

tink9702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/28/08
Posts: 2977

LOL at your mom harrassing DH Sara!

That sounds great Wendy!

ATM I'm waiting for my sister to arrive. She's going to spend the day with the kids while I get some work done and do some cleaning around the house. She's been missng the kids so it will be great for her to see them, plus I get a break. The bad weather lately has been tough!

pico83 (not verified)

woah, trying to catch up.

Isis - I'm so glad you got good news from the neurologist! A girl in my elementary school had selective mutism. She barely spoke for years, but by high school she was a regular chatterbox.

Eliann - sounds like great timing. I hope this is your month. Sorry about the exam.

wendy - yay for agreeing to timing!

sara - good luck talking with DH.

Mel - enjoy your break!

AFM: hanging in there. I'm sick and tired of rain. It's been almost 2 weeks straight now! Ugh.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/11/12
Posts: 43

Hi everyone
please can I join your thread Smile
Im A mum to 6 and we are currently Thinking of ttc baby #7

tink9702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/28/08
Posts: 2977

Had a good day. It was nice to catch up with my sister. She's in law school right now so we don't see as much of her as we'd like. The kids had a blast and the rain held off until later so they did get to go outside!

"cupcake7" wrote:

Hi everyone
please can I join your thread Smile
Im Clara mum to 6 and we are currently Thinking of ttc baby #7

Welcome Clara! Tell us a little bit about yourself and your family! What are the ages of your kiddos?

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

Yes join us, the more the merrier!!!

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/11/12
Posts: 43

Thanks so much for the welcome

Xx

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

Welcome Clara.
I want to go check if Ron in is warm enough, but don't want to wake him. He won't get a decent sleep if he wakes now, he proved that last night when i checked on him and he woke, yet he won't get a decent sleep if he is cold, not that he keeps a sheet on him. His room has two walls of windoews so it can get quite cool in there

isisgoddess_1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 03/29/08
Posts: 1220

What is going on? Three people have asked me if we are planning on having anymore kids. This was in thhe span of two days. Makes my baby fever worse.

welcome Clara

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

LOL! We were doing training today and we played a little game beforehand. We all had to say 2 truths and 1 lie. I was SOOO tempted to say I was PG as my lie, except I would never hear the end of it. Sigh.someday!
Welcome Clara!
Wendy- I hate doing the check in MOTN half the time I think it always wakes him enough to make him unsettled the rest of the night. Can you put a blanket over him without waking him up?
I think I have several people at work convinced to join me at our gym in the office. I gotta get back to working out. Bathing suit season is here. Otherwise I got nothing! haha!

ange84's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 12/28/09
Posts: 6564

I need to spray his bedroom door with wd40 as it squeaks, but he wakes all night anyway, it's only the last week we had 3 nights of 6 hours sleep in a row, but it has gone back to less the last couple of nights, I think he picked up on my level of stress last night. He won't keep a sheet or blanket on anyway. I just tucked him in and can almost gurantee he will have kiked it off within the hour. He then wakes up with his arms and legs freezing, but long pjs are still too warm.

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/11/12
Posts: 43

Thanks for the welcomes Smile
Forgot to say Im in UK
Rubbish weather at the moment wettest spring we have had in a long time!
Ive lost over 5 stone in weight and want to show off my new figure in nice summery clothes lol

pico83 (not verified)

Welcome, Clara! So you had 4 boys then 2 girls? Perhaps there's hope for me yet. Lol (Not that I'd mind more boys)

tink9702's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 09/28/08
Posts: 2977

"isisgoddess_1" wrote:

What is going on? Three people have asked me if we are planning on having anymore kids. This was in thhe span of two days. Makes my baby fever worse.

welcome Clara

I'm sorry! That's rough! HUGS

"lizzib45" wrote:

LOL! We were doing training today and we played a little game beforehand. We all had to say 2 truths and 1 lie. I was SOOO tempted to say I was PG as my lie, except I would never hear the end of it. Sigh.someday!
Welcome Clara!
Wendy- I hate doing the check in MOTN half the time I think it always wakes him enough to make him unsettled the rest of the night. Can you put a blanket over him without waking him up?
I think I have several people at work convinced to join me at our gym in the office. I gotta get back to working out. Bathing suit season is here. Otherwise I got nothing! haha!

That's so funny about the lie/truth game thing! Good luck at the gym. I joined one for the first time in over 3 years and I'm enjoying going twice a week.

"pico83" wrote:

Welcome, Clara! So you had 4 boys then 2 girls? Perhaps there's hope for me yet. Lol (Not that I'd mind more boys)

LOL! There is always hope! Smile

"cupcake7" wrote:

Thanks for the welcomes Smile
Forgot to say Im in UK
Rubbish weather at the moment wettest spring we have had in a long time!
Ive lost over 5 stone in weight and want to show off my new figure in nice summery clothes lol

Congrats on the weight loss!

It's finally nice weather today. Took the kids to the plant nursery and bought some veggie seedlings, and then we went to the grocery store. When we got back we played in the yard, so a good morning!

eliann's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 21 min ago
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2441

Welcome Clara, looking forward to chatting with you.

This week has sucked royally. I've already worked 50 hours this week and my boss asked me to work all weekend. So I'm working a bit more tonight after I eat and then tomorrow day and Sunday night. Tomorrow afternoon, I'm actually going to a funeral for a friend of mine's baby who passed. She was born at 27 weeks. It's just awful, I cannot even imagine. It is just heartbreaking.

Mel, yeah I have to finish the last 4 tests by February 2015 or I start all over. If I have to start over, I will just not take them. Haha. You were smart to not go into architecture. The career is more brutal than the degree. It just wears on you after awhile, kwim?

Kathleen, yeah that question is frustrating. My dad always asks me, he announced at my wedding rehearsal in front of everyone that we should "get busy, bc he wants grandkids." Embarrassing much? My aunt that lives in Boston recently asked me. Geez people, no pressure. Meanwhile, I'm thinking, how would I fit a baby into my busy schedule? And I'm worried my stress level is too much to sustain a healthy pregnancy. I really want babies, but how do people do it?

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

You just kinda figure it out. You have 9 months of prepping. Alot of people say the sleepless Preggo nights prepare you for a newborns sleeping, but I didnt find it that way. But you just do. Once you have that baby, there really isnt anything else near as important. I used to go out dancing and just be out with friends all the time. I still get out- just not that often. but I am more than OK with it. I want to be home with my child even if he is slepeing. And honestly, its hard to explain and once you have a baby it will makes sense. Prioritys just change. But its truly the best thing ever.

isisgoddess_1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 03/29/08
Posts: 1220

Last night Josh told me he wanted a baby. Right in front of dh. Lol. All I could do was smirk.

lizzib45's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/06/08
Posts: 957

Nice!! My Mom gave DH a bunch of crap today about #2. He didnt say no and even asked tommy if he wanted a brother. Thinking its not too far off.

Pages